Balanced article on Josh - key takeaway .. he was and is a project

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2020/05/09/the-truth-about-josh-allen/

Not too much new but the author echos my feelings .. we drafted a raw prospect and he has at times shown the raw skillset for good and bad.  He needs to take a step forward in 2020 (which I believe he will) in order to avoid competition in 2021.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
title error

no offseason, no OTAs,  will not help his progress.   he'll be better than last year, assuming the O line is healthy , yes.  how much better, hard to say.  heavy travel schedule, better opponents than last year.  we will see.   every season is different.   Bills fans need to be careful about reading the press on this team too much.  lets just hope there is a season to watch

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

no offseason, no OTAs,  will not help his progress.   he'll be better than last year, assuming the O line is healthy , yes.  how much better, hard to say.  heavy travel schedule, better opponents than last year.  we will see.   every season is different.   Bills fans need to be careful about reading the press on this team too much.  lets just hope there is a season to watch

None of that really matters as much as you think which is why they keep taking practices away. Don't forget every other team is in the same boat so it is even field still. Don't use any excuses for Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

None of that really matters as much as you think which is why they keep taking practices away. Don't forget every other team is in the same boat so it is even field still. Don't use any excuses for Allen.

You not wanting JA to have any excuses does not mean that the practices do not matter. They do matter.  For example, it is widely considered that the stark decline in O-Line play is directly correlated with the decrease in padded practices. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You not wanting JA to have any excuses does not mean that the practices do not matter. They do matter.  For example, it is widely considered that the stark decline in O-Line play is directly correlated with the decrease in padded practices. 

Lol widely considered... Come on man stop making stuff up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I have found that the type of people that say things like, "no more excuses" are also generally not well read.  I wouldn't be surprised if you had never come across this bit of commentary. 

Like I said making things up is also found in people generally not well read.

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Ive always heard its because of the spread offenses thats so prevalent in HS and college. They dont learn true technique for a pocket "pro-style" passer. Now that what is considered "pro-style" is changing to be more spread, I wonder if the perceived lack of O-lineman will change too.

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It has nothing to do with practices linking a few Opinion Articles mean nothing. OPINION it is not "Widely considered" as you made up in your OP. 

Yet we still have very good offensive lines and very bad ones b.c of players that are good or bad and injuries. Nothing to do with "lack of hitting practices" 

You want so bad to be right but you aren't.

Go start your own thread about Offensive lines if it really bothers you that much.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

It has nothing to do with practices linking a few Opinion Articles mean nothing. OPINION it is not "Widely considered" as you made up in your OP. 

Yes, opinion articles that quote coaches and personnel people around the league. Tell you what, find one article quoting a coach that says the decrease in practices doesn't affect players, and I will admit I am wrong.  Problem is, you can't. Now, by processes of deduction, since we know that all the commentary says that decreases in practice = poor O-line play, and because no one says the opposite, we can conclude that the former is a widely held belief.  

Basic logic, homie. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Here we go more excuses....

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yes, opinion articles that quote coaches and personnel people around the league. Tell you what, find one article quoting a coach that says the decrease in practices doesn't affect players, and I will admit I am wrong.  Problem is, you can't. Now, by processes of deduction, since we know that all the commentary says that decreases in practice = poor O-line play, and because no one says the opposite, we can conclude that the former is a widely held belief.  

Basic logic, homie. 

If it did they wouldn't be talking about taking preseason games away, these same coaches would be playing starters in preseason games for more practice. 

Basic logic, homie.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Here we go more excuses....

If it did they wouldn't be talking about taking preseason games away, these same coaches would be playing starters in preseason games for more practice. 

Basic logic, homie.

Practice =/= preseason games.  Coaches care about practice. Fans care about preseason. 

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Practice =/= preseason games.  Coaches care about practice. Fans care about preseason. 

Numbers are not suffering offensive lines are just as good as they always been and yet you pretend like it's b.c they don't have more "Hitting practices" if that was true numbers would be suffering yet they are better now then they ever been.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yup, one play Allen makes a throw like Rodgers into a tight window with crazy arm talent and the next it's like what were you thinking?  I loved how he cut down on those early season picks last year and that gives me hope for this year. If he gets that long ball going this team will get that explosive offense.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Not too much new but the author echos my feelings .. we drafted a raw prospect and he has at times shown the raw skillset for good and bad.  He needs to take a step forward in 2020 (which I believe he will) in order to avoid competition in 2021.

If we can get more of the Dallas game and a lot less of  the second half of the WC game, we will do well this season, but Allen can’t beat the other eleven guys buy himself, just the dropped passes alone account for many of the teams losses, let alone other issues. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Was kind of hoping the author provided a couple of qbs on a parallel path to Josh and compare/contrast their situations. Josh is getting there and hopefully he can trust Diggs et al more this year. I still think we could use a good te, I've always thought once you have a playoff caliber roster you can spend some draft capital on one. Maybe next year.

• Like (+1) 1