Check out this collison by Zack Moss.

Some RBs take hits and others deliver them.  I think he is more the latter.  He seems to have good to great vision, get very low prior to contact, protect the ball and maintain his balance after delivering the blow, sometimes with a Kenny Davis "Texas Twister" type spin move.  He should rarely be tackled for a loss.  He has a leverage advantage on taller LBs and a momentum advantage (m * v) on most DBs who might choose to step into his path.

Assuming they are a successful duo, and they just might be all that, I wonder what such a pair would be worth on their second contracts.  If they split the work load they may be viable talents through a second contract and do generally great things for the Bills offense in all situations.  So, it is considered foolish to pay a RB Todd Gurley or Zeke Elliott contracts but what does Brandon Beane pay each half of a highly effective pairing?  I hope we get to see in the next few years.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

How can I 

I think I speak for most MEN, "These kind of posts make me want to hang you on a doorknob by your underwear " If we were in the parking lot before a Bill's game, if I wanted to comment on a player I like, to make you happy, would I have to ask everyone in earshot if this has been talked about recently?

For god sakes man! Dont be that guy, and that goes for all of you who do that.

GO BILLS!!!

No, you would only have to look a few lines down the first page of this site.

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

How can I 

I think I speak for most MEN, "These kind of posts make me want to hang you on a doorknob by your underwear " If we were in the parking lot before a Bill's game, if I wanted to comment on a player I like, to make you happy, would I have to ask everyone in earshot if this has been talked about recently?

GO BILLS!!!

I usually don't like it either

but for the rest of your time on ANY message boards you will continue to hear this

18 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

You're going to see Moss used a lot on 1st down. His hard-nosed running will put us a lot in the 2 and 5 to go range. Now you bring out Devin who can pick it up through the air, on the ground, or a staight up pass play.

Moss was a pretty solid pass catching back in college 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nobody in the Pac 12 tackles

Yes but they can tackle a 12 Pac.?

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

He is a throwback type of football player.  Quiet.  His play will do the talking.  

His 223 on a 5'9" Frame will speak loud several times this season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 5/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, BfloBillsFan said:

I originally thought that Bills should have went a different position with that pick. But after hearing him and reading about him, I Can’t wait to see Moss do that to Gilmore or Chung or any of Pats secondary 

Agreed.   I thought the Bills should have taken Dobbns in Rd 2 when he was available.  However, their patience paid off.  Moss is probably the most underrated RB in this draft and glad we got him.  He doesn't have to do it all by himself...Singletary will still be that lead back...But when we are in the 4th quarter with a 3 point lead,  this guy will be like a sledge hammer, iin killing the clock.

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

He is a throwback type of football player.  Quiet.  His play will do the talking.  

Looks like it.  As someone else posted...he is coming with the Fred Jackson attitude...but with a lot more talent... Go Bills.

I'm glad we have a real short yardage back now.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the QB sneak where Allen gets stuffed at first or fumbles then disappears into a pile of bodies before miraculously emerging for a first down while my heart skips a beat and I loved Gore falling one inch over the marker necessitating challenges and video review but this year I am looking forward to some no frills first downs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

How can I 

GO BILLS!!!

Ahh yes said the Noob that could not follow the rules - then had his thread merged with another thread because a quick search of the first page would of showed a perfectly fine thread on Moss and his running style that was a perfect place for your post.

Starting a new thread just to post a Random thought and ignoring is such a LAMP move.  

For Gods sake man learn common decency and follow the rules - it is quick and easy to perform a search and your though was fine - it just did not warrant a new thread when the front page already had multiple threads with Moss and one specifically discussing his running style with a title starting with “Check out this collision....”

Other than that I answered you original thought and made a suggestion that turned out to be correct and tried to do it in a nice way rather than what many other “Men” normally post which would have called you many nasty names for a lame Lamp post to start a new thread with.

Sorry. 

?‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

How can I 

GO BILLS!!!

You want to see how others think take a quick gander at the posts in the duplicate and closed “sammy’s Injuries” thread or a quick skim of either of the TMaster threads one closed and one still going about Blain Bishop.

I just assumed as a noob you did not know the rules and made a suggestion you could search - it is easy and it is the way things are done here - which is a much better way than every random though becomes a thread.

27 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think Zach Moss is going to give a whole new meaning to “You got Moss’d”...

A rolling stone (D back) gathers no Moss...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm glad we have a real short yardage back now.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the QB sneak where Allen gets stuffed at first or fumbles then disappears into a pile of bodies before miraculously emerging for a first down while my heart skips a beat and I loved Gore falling one inch over the marker necessitating challenges and video review but this year I am looking forward to some no frills first downs.

Yeah, that 4 minute drill video was very encouraging.  We all have bad memories of us playing with a lead and letting it slip away.  If he can run out a clock in the NFL, like he did in college, it will be a joy to watch. (and we will all eventually learn how to relax when we are winning in the 4th Quarter)

3 thoughts on the OP.

1. I like our RB situation a lot, but I don't know that our OL is strong enough to match your prediction.

2. I see no reason why both DS and ZM can't be effective anywhere on the field. I'm fine with either one in short or long yardage situations.

3. We were top 5 for most of last season, but much of that was scrambling yards by JA on called pass plays. I think you need to subtract those yards from the team total to get a true measure of our rushing attack. Conversely, "pop" passes should be considered rushing plays/yards.