Check out this collison by Zack Moss.

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Fair.

I'm not sure about the balance, though. I posted in another thread that I thought he had an odd, upright running style, and that his shoulders often didn't get low enough. Some people agreed, some didn't. I think his success in our offense, with how he is likely to be used, will likely depend on how well his slightly odd style translates to the NFL.

Yeah, but Knox has about 30 pounds, and half a foot on Moss-- and a mean stiff-arm.

30lbs. Isn't much with a 6" difference in height.  How much do you know about Walter Payton?  When I heard about his build that was the first name that came to mind.  Not saying he will have that kind of career but he will definitely put some people on their backs.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Just wondering if its me, but watching his college highlights, it seems defenders are afraid to tackle him. I remember watching old NFL films how players were afraid to tackle a running back because it hurt.

I agree, but couldn’t this comment of gone into any of the specific moss threads rather than just starting a new thread for a random thought.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

30lbs. Isn't much with a 6" difference in height.  How much do you know about Walter Payton?  When I heard about his build that was the first name that came to mind.  Not saying he will have that kind of career but he will definitely put some people on their backs.

Bring it on!

Beane himself said that Moss was sticking out on the Bills Board. There were 6 consensus day 1 RB starters in the draft: Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Taylor, Moss, Dobbins and Akers and 5 of em went in the top 55. Getting Moss at 86 was a downright steal.

Moss fell because of his combine 4.65 40 time (that he ran with a tweaked hamstring).  On his "pro-day" he ran a digital 4.52 which would have put him in the top 10 at the combine.

To answer your specific question, video does show him running by a lot of folks. I dont think it is possible to distinguish whether it is Moss' natural elusiveness or fear on the part of the defenders that caused this?

He is elusive and nasty - maybe that is what led to your comment

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-draft-utah-rb-zack-moss-elusive-and-nasty/

“I can be elusive when it’s needed, and I can be downright nasty when it’s needed, as well.”

That’s how Utah running back Zack Moss described his game to reporters prior to the 2019 season. While it paints the picture that he toggles between the two running styles, you would be hard-pressed to turn on his film and not see both styles within each and every rep. The 5-foot-10, 222-pounder sports a rocked up, thick upper torso, and tree trunks for legs that he grew running sprints up the hill at Sugar House Park.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Beane himself said that Moss was sticking out on the Bills Board. There were 6 consensus day 1 RB starters in the draft: Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Taylor, Moss, Dobbins and Akers and 5 of em went in the top 55. Getting Moss at 86 was a downright steal.

Moss fell because of his combine 4.65 40 time (that he ran with a tweaked hamstring).  On his "pro-day" he ran a digital 4.52 which would have put him in the top 10 at the combine.

To answer your specific question, video does show him running by a lot of folks. I dont think it is possible to distinguish whether it is Moss' natural elusiveness or fear on the part of the defenders that caused this?

He is elusive and nasty - maybe that is what led to your comment

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-draft-utah-rb-zack-moss-elusive-and-nasty/

I'm so glad the rest of the NFL places such an emphasis on combine numbers and shows such a disregard for tackle-breaking abilities. It is this foolishness which landed the Bills stud running backs in the third round of back-to-back drafts. Both, in my opinion, legitimately have star potential. I see the 1-2 punch of Moss and Singletary becoming the best combo in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm so glad the rest of the NFL places such an emphasis on combine numbers and shows such a disregard for tackle-breaking abilities. It is this foolishness which landed the Bills stud running backs in the third round of back-to-back drafts. Both, in my opinion, legitimately have star potential. I see the 1-1 punch of Moss and Singletary becoming the best combo in the league.

fixed it for ya

context

https://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000001113620/GMFB-Teams-with-the-best-1-1-punch

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah- for anyone that wants to cast dispersions on the Current front office, For missing on talent and combine studs, I think they have really started to show a pattern of not worrying about the best combine scores, the best athletes, yada yada.

they've chosen your go after football players and leaders. We will see how it pans out. It doesn’t cut against analytics exactly, But it might mean that they think the analysts are not measuring the right things just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm so glad the rest of the NFL places such an emphasis on combine numbers and shows such a disregard for tackle-breaking abilities. It is this foolishness which landed the Bills stud running backs in the third round of back-to-back drafts. Both, in my opinion, legitimately have star potential. I see the 1-2 punch of Moss and Singletary becoming the best combo in the league.

Most scouting reports comment on his lack of speed, so you aren't on firm ground knocking the response to his 40 times.

Also, as far as defenders "not wanting to tackle him", a common scouting theme was that he takes a LOT of hits, to the point were several wondered about his durability in the NFL due to his bruising style of running.  One said he "takes more hits than a boxer".  I think they meant Cooney, not Ali.  He was commonly compared to Kareem Hunt.

Most redraft evals had him in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Not the 1st.

Moss said in an interview that he like to make D backs make decisions,  or something similar. Good attitude for a RB imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

He was my favorite draft pick and my personal opinion is that he'll be a stud back; better than Devin.

But I think it's just you.

Agreed.  He’s going to be perfect on this team.  He and Singletary are going to be feared as a tandem. Would be nice if this group of OL could transform into a top 10 unit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The man can run down hill and that makes his stiff arm lethal. 

When a player is ready to get trucked they have a tendency to break down and plant their feet to get ready for contact, but then he senses that and give them the stiff arm and runs around them. He is gonna stud and a real fun player for us

Edited by buffalover4life

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  He’s going to be perfect on this team.  He and Singletary are going to be feared as a tandem. Would be nice if this group of OL could transform into a top 10 unit.

You and I have easy access to alot of Utah games. Watched enough of them to come to the opinion that the guy is just a baller. His vision and "burst" jump off the screen. The 40 time doesn't wow you, but there were some issues at the combine and his pro day 4.52 is fine. He's quite a bit more of a homerun hitter than Devin IMO. Very impressive duo.

But the whole "afraid to tackle him" thing is a bit much. 

• Like (+1) 1

How can I 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree, but couldn’t this comment of gone into any of the specific moss threads rather than just starting a new thread for a random thought.

I think I speak for most MEN, "These kind of posts make me want to hang you on a doorknob by your underwear " If we were in the parking lot before a Bill's game, if I wanted to comment on a player I like, to make you happy, would I have to ask everyone in earshot if this has been talked about recently?

For god sakes man! Dont be that guy, and that goes for all of you who do that.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1