Check out this collison by Zack Moss.

58 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The NFL is rife with missed tackles. How those missed tackles happen varies, sometimes it’s a Knox truck job, other times it’s the regularly missed arm tackles that shifty RBs like Singletary cause, but it happens multiple times during every game. 

I think all you have to do is watch josh in the Dallas game his heart and sole out willed the whole Dallas d line and lbs and got the bills the fist down.

Yes the play looked bad at first but like the other poster said (heart and sole) guys mean a lot

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm very skeptical of these sorts of college highlight reels. I recall when we traded the farm for Sammy Watkins, there was a lot of buzz about how he would rack up the YAC. There were some highlights where he just plowed over defenders, sending them ass over elbows. The problem is: blown tackles like this just don't happen in the NFL. There isn't a third-string linebacker active in the regular season who will get blown up like that. The vast majority of NFL linebackers are going to make that tackle, and if Moss is going to make it a habit of running straight at linebackers, he's going to get stuffed. Often.

Have to disagree. Run stuffing LBs are a dying breed. LBs are smaller, quicker on most teams.  Those lumbering guys that would crash down on running lanes are hard to find today.  Moss is big enough to take them on. I do agree about the blown tackle. That LB was caught completely flat footed, something you won't see in the NFL often.  Moss though is a guy who is fearless and when he commits to running through someone, he's definitely going to win some of those. We now have 2 RBs that are leaders in making yards after contact. Singletary is smaller, and slower but is still among the best in the league in the same category.

I think it is fair to presume that the coaching staff's plan is to plug Moss into the role that they tried to have Gore play last season. I expect (hope) that Moss will be a significant upgrade over the 2019 version of the aging Gore. Time will tell what the split-breakdown will be between Moss and DS. I will say that Moss does appear to have the skill-set to be an every-down feature back, but we will have to see what he looks like against NFL-level competition.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm very skeptical of these sorts of college highlight reels. I recall when we traded the farm for Sammy Watkins, there was a lot of buzz about how he would rack up the YAC. There were some highlights where he just plowed over defenders, sending them ass over elbows. The problem is: blown tackles like this just don't happen in the NFL. There isn't a third-string linebacker active in the regular season who will get blown up like that. The vast majority of NFL linebackers are going to make that tackle, and if Moss is going to make it a habit of running straight at linebackers, he's going to get stuffed. Often.

Guys definitely get run over like that in the NFL.

https://streamable.com/oa974 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

As long as the NFL does have a full season it would not surprise me one bit if Singletary and Moss are the top rushing tandem this year. Singletary in between the 20s and Moss primarily in the red zone. 

???

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

When your RB acts as a fullback and Iso- blocks SAFETIES, it is only good for our team. 
    Also, if I’ve read enough anti Edmund’s posts on here, in the last two years, correctly.... LBs do miss tackles?

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Guys definitely get run over like that in the NFL.

https://streamable.com/oa974 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

When your RB acts as a fullback and Iso- blocks SAFETIES, it is only good for our team. 
    Also, if I’ve read enough anti Edmund’s posts on here, in the last two years, correctly.... LBs do miss tackles?

I've been misrepresented several times in this thread. I did not say that LBs don't miss tackles. That would be a dumb statement. I said they don't miss tackles like the one shown in this highlight. Jauronimo, you found an example (from how many years ago, btw?), and that is anecdotal. I will maintain that running straight at a defender, no juke, no stiff-arm, is not an effective running style in the NFL. And, while this is a real nice clip, I'm not going to get too excited about it and expect to see Moss running over defenders in this manner in the regular season. It's not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've been misrepresented several times in this thread. I did not say that LBs don't miss tackles. That would be a dumb statement. I said they don't miss tackles like the one shown in this highlight. Jauronimo, you found an example (from how many years ago, btw?), and that is anecdotal. I will maintain that running straight at a defender, no juke, no stiff-arm, is not an effective running style in the NFL. And, while this is a real nice clip, I'm not going to get too excited about it and expect to see Moss running over defenders in this manner in the regular season. It's not going to happen.

Well since you still don't know what you're talking about, here's 20 minutes of clips like the one I already shared.

Enjoy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Challenge accepted ???
This isn’t an every down expectation but it is a tone setting attitude to have.

The kid has already demonstrated an uncanny ability to keep his balance . He hits small creases for positive yards. 
When the defender thinks he might get run over he has to set his feet and drop his weight which sets him up for a different move.

Lastly, the kid runs a couple dudes over and the WHOLE team will feed off that energy.

???

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Last year we had Knox who routinely did it to  DBs and Derrick Henry did it all game long when I watched him play other teams. I agree that he can't always do that but he will flatten a few DBs this year. 

14 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

As long as the NFL does have a full season it would not surprise me one bit if Singletary and Moss are the top rushing tandem this year. Singletary in between the 20s and Moss primarily in the red zone. 

hahaha “just took his soul”... that’s a big boy truck right there 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Challenge accepted ???
This isn’t an every down expectation but it is a tone setting attitude to have.

The kid has already demonstrated an uncanny ability to keep his balance . He hits small creases for positive yards. 
When the defender thinks he might get run over he has to set his feet and drop his weight which sets him up for a different move.

Lastly, the kid runs a couple dudes over and the WHOLE team will feed off that energy.

???

Fair.

I'm not sure about the balance, though. I posted in another thread that I thought he had an odd, upright running style, and that his shoulders often didn't get low enough. Some people agreed, some didn't. I think his success in our offense, with how he is likely to be used, will likely depend on how well his slightly odd style translates to the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Last year we had Knox who routinely did it to  DBs and Derrick Henry did it all game long when I watched him play other teams. I agree that he can't always do that but he will flatten a few DBs this year. 

Yeah, but Knox has about 30 pounds, and half a foot on Moss-- and a mean stiff-arm.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

posted in another thread that I thought he had an odd, upright running style, and that his shoulders often didn't get low enough. Some people

I’m going off the highlight video and draft analysis I read. He has the weird intuitive way of falling forward at odd angles.

What I like is he goes forward. Too many backs ( Spiller) over the years have refused to take what was given. This is imperative for a short yardage back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

After watching Zack Moss's draft day coverage, which showed his disappointment & frustration of waiting so long turn into elation after we selected him, you can just tell that he has a chip of Gibraltar on his shoulder.  Dude is gonna be steamrolling defenders.  I can't wait!

You know what I can’t wait for ? And it makes me smile just thinking about it ? PLAYACTION  to Diggs !!! 

The thing I like about Moss is that he's not just a tough runner.  He's a smart articulate guy who studies film to learn how to attack his opponents.  My player comp for Moss is Marshawn Lynch, but Lynch was mostly just a tough guy who liked to run over people.  Moss can do that, and may even like it, but he'll also juke a defender, and I think he's a fair amount faster than his combine 40 indicates.  His combine 40 was comparable to Lynch's speed if I recall correctly.