German Bundesliga (soccer) starting up this weekend

Motorin'

This is a big deal for sports around the globe. They have lots of protocols in place. No fans will be in attendance and if fans congregate in front of the stadium it will result in an automatic home team loss. 

Maybe you hate soccer, maybe you love it. Regardless, game on. https://worldsoccertalk.com/bundesliga-tv-schedule/

The overall results may effect how other major league sports around the world plan their return. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, teef said:

It will be nice to not watch soccer again. 

I'm desperate for my EPL to restart, but I doubt it will after the clubs vote. 

At this point, all I care about is the NFL season. I'll trade every single other sport, and give you empty stadiums, for a Bills season right now.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

At this point, all I care about is the NFL season. I'll trade every single other sport, and give you empty stadiums, for a Bills season right now.

I think the Premiere League will play after June 1. Teams need the TV revenue, which is also the main motivation for the German League to start up...

Only posted this here bc the NFL should be watching to see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Liverpool deserve the ?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Liverpool deserve the ?

I'm fine with that. 

I just need (Yes this is true) my Watford side to avoid relegation. Hey, Watford is just like WNY........that's why I chose them 6 years ago. And I've been there!

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

At least ESPN will have some fresh footage. 

the 2019 axe throwing championship replay was a clear cry for help. 

...still nothing on the World Chess Matches though......I'm low on cans of Benjamin Williams to watch dry....may switch to Glidden......dammit...........

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm fine with that. 

I just need (Yes this is true) my Watford side to avoid relegation. Hey, Watford is just like WNY........that's why I chose them 6 years ago. And I've been there!

Have you watched Sunderland til I Die? Totally reminds me of the sorrow of us Bills fans.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Motorin' said:

This is a big deal for sports around the globe. They have lots of protocols in place. No fans will be in attendance and if fans congregate in front of the stadium it will result in an automatic home team loss. 

Maybe you hate soccer, maybe you love it. Regardless, game on. https://worldsoccertalk.com/bundesliga-tv-schedule/

The overall results may effect how other major league sports around the world plan their return. Fingers crossed. 

Well if this was a Bills game the Bills fans travel well and would be setting up tailgates and signs "automatic loss".

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Slightly unrelated,  but Its a soccer thread. Feel free to redirect to a more appropriate thread........

HOW ABOUT THOSE REDS.......AL LONG TIME COMING.  Go Liverpool, not even Corona can stop them. Congrats ? fellas

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Formula One motor racing also started up today in Austria.

No fans allowed, many special accommodations/protocols in place.

Will be interesting to see who gets the virus first, and when.