Mike Tyson: "I'm Back"

Gugny

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dude is 53 years old, give me a break.  Should say "I'm Broke".

index.jpg

Did you watch the video of him working out in the OP?  He looks like Billy Bob Thornton in this picture.

Just now, Gugny said:

Did you watch the video of him working out in the OP?  He looks like Billy Bob Thornton in this picture.

I have to admit I have not, still at work.   I just dont know who he would fight right now.   The top heavyweights, and some not so top heavyweights were eating his lunch 15 years ago.

The only reason for the guy to come back is for a payday, and I dont know who they could even put him in the ring with.   Fury, Wilder and Joshua may legitimately maim him.   Unless the video was just him showing that a 53 year old guy is still in good shape?

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have to admit I have not, still at work.   I just dont know who he would fight right now.   The top heavyweights, and some not so top heavyweights were eating his lunch 15 years ago.

The only reason for the guy to come back is for a payday, and I dont know who they could even put him in the ring with.   Fury, Wilder and Joshua may legitimately maim him.   Unless the video was just him showing that a 53 year old guy is still in good shape?

There have been whispers of a Tyson-Holyfield exhibition.  I don't think he wants to vie for a belt, or anything.  Even if it's an exhibition, I'll pony up to watch it live.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He's not going 12 with a 20-30yr old at this point.

But he'd probably still be hell on wheels for a couple rounds.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

There have been whispers of a Tyson-Holyfield exhibition.  I don't think he wants to vie for a belt, or anything.  Even if it's an exhibition, I'll pony up to watch it live.

Would Holyfield wear ear muffs? 

Tyson was the most exciting thing to happen to pro boxing since the days of Ali and his contemporaries.  His demise in and out of the ring was shocking. His return was embarrassing. I'd watch if it were free, otherwise it's a hard pass for me.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would spend PPV money to watch Tyson fight any day!

Our next door neighbor more than 30 years ago would get his PPV’s. The whole PPV thing was kind of new, and I was shocked at what he paid for the fight. I was even MORE shocked when it was over in about 14 seconds. 

We learned to go earlier. 

56 minutes ago, Augie said:

Our next door neighbor more than 30 years ago would get his PPV’s. The whole PPV thing was kind of new, and I was shocked at what he paid for the fight. I was even MORE shocked when it was over in about 14 seconds. 

We learned to go earlier. 

That was the window in my life of the pirate cable box. You had to buy a new one every year or two but the PPV boxing events made it more than worth the cost.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Would Holyfield wear ear muffs? 

Tyson was the most exciting thing to happen to pro boxing since the days of Ali and his contemporaries.  His demise in and out of the ring was shocking. His return was embarrassing. I'd watch if it were free, otherwise it's a hard pass for me.

Totally agree.

Yet... @Gugny is willing. Something is terribly wrong  here w/a guy  known to wheel a way smokers  under the cover of night to save a penny or two. LoL.. 

1893510760_KeepCalmDontBePennywisePoundFoolish.jpeg.c9672723b0560adbf9f38cc4a84a0562.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You’ll spend money every day to watch Tyson fight, but you won’t pay to go to more than one Bills game/year. You must be on the wrong website.

Perhaps it's the company ..

• Haha (+1) 1