With so many Primetime games, is Sunday Ticket worth it?

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Do some of you watch only Bills games?

If the Bills win, while playing the early game on Sunday, I go to Red Zone and tend to watch SNF and MNF.  If the Bills lose, I'm done with football for the rest of the weekend.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

If the Bills win, while playing the early game on Sunday, I go to Red Zone and tend to watch SNF and MNF.  If the Bills lose, I'm done with football for the rest of the weekend.

almost similar but I play fantasy to help the pain from Bills loss........then I lose fantasy and wonder why I do any of this!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Sunday Ticket is still the best way to view games at home if you are out of market. I tend to like to go to bars or if I have been spending a little too freely I like to just watch a stream at home. But bars can cost you as much as Sunday ticket if not more and watching a stream at home is not always the best quality and they can cut out often. 

I would say that you should try and get Sunday ticket included in your direct TV package or heavily discounted. Otherwise it just depends on how much money you are willing to spend to watch 12 Bills games reliably and in good quality at home? 

4 hours ago, nucci said:

almost similar but I play fantasy to help the pain from Bills loss........then I lose fantasy and wonder why I do any of this!!

I usually play in 1-2 fantasy leagues per-year (doing more than 2 leagues just doesn't work for me) and I can honestly say that fantasy is the only thing that would keep me engaged in football if the Bills lose an early game. The worst is when you lose all of your fantasy games and the Bills lose. That ***** will seriously upset the first 2 days of the work week for me. I lost 2 fantasy games last season (yes it was a good year) and both happened to be on weekend where the Bills lost (Browns and Eagles games.)

On 5/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, Gordio said:

You should give them a call middle of August and see if they will throw it in for free.  They maybe a bit more flexible this year due to a lot of people's economic hardship.  

NOT

GONNA

HAPPEN

On 5/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, BisonMan said:

Combining the prospect of a limited season due to COVID, the fact that nearly 1/3 of the Bills games are primetime (or likely to be flexed there) and that even many of the Bills 1pm or 4pm games will be the "national" broadcast...is there any sense in paying DirectTV for Bills games for those of us out of market?

I'm thinking I won't be getting it for the first time in almost 20 years.

I watch them all online for free. Haven’t payed for Sunday Ticket in 4 years now if I remember correctly 

On 5/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, BisonMan said:

Combining the prospect of a limited season due to COVID, the fact that nearly 1/3 of the Bills games are primetime (or likely to be flexed there) and that even many of the Bills 1pm or 4pm games will be the "national" broadcast...is there any sense in paying DirectTV for Bills games for those of us out of market?

I'm thinking I won't be getting it for the first time in almost 20 years.

I cut the cord recently.  Got sick of having to leverage them every year.  If they had charged a decent price to begin with then they wouldn' t have to keep raising prices to make the profit they want.

16 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Untrue it’s MAx that will be free still need to pay for basic ST or negotiate 

How do you interpret this offer?  Simon had a thread on this previously.  Maybe you need to have a certain package threshold to get the freebie.   

We don’t want you to miss a single play this season. With 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, you can catch every minute of every out-of-market game every Sunday — on us.

I was a Directv subscriber for as long as the Sunday Ticket has existed. I got so sick of all their charges & fees. Would call and they'd give me a discount then few months later the price is jacked up again even higher and it's been a constant struggle since the AT&T acquisition. 

I cancelled Directv completely after giving me the run around for over an hour on the phone yet again. I went to full streaming at a fraction of the cost and am not looking back. Hopefully the NFL will come to their senses next time the contract comes around. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, familykwi said:

NOT

GONNA

HAPPEN

Why do you say that?  It seems like they are being more flexible already by offering some customer free Ticket in May, something they never done before.  So once again why wouldn't they be flexible come August?  

5 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why do you say that?  It seems like they are being more flexible already by offering some customer free Ticket in May, something they never done before.  So once again why wouldn't they be flexible come August?  

I always get enough discounts to cover the cost....It's a pain to call and negotiate but worth the savings

On 5/14/2020 at 12:35 AM, GG said:

How do you interpret this offer?  Simon had a thread on this previously.  Maybe you need to have a certain package threshold to get the freebie.   

We don’t want you to miss a single play this season. With 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, you can catch every minute of every out-of-market game every Sunday — on us.

It says ST MAX which means they will give that to you free assuming your paying for base package.  Likely devils in the details like advertising 

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

It says ST MAX which means they will give that to you free assuming your paying for base package.  Likely devils in the details like advertising 

Sunday Ticket Max is the entire package.  There's Sunday Ticket and there's Sunday Ticket Max.  Two separate packages.

Looks like the people who get the Sunday Ticket promotion have more than just the very basic DTV plans.

24 minutes ago, GG said:

Sunday Ticket Max is the entire package.  There's Sunday Ticket and there's Sunday Ticket Max.  Two separate packages.

Looks like the people who get the Sunday Ticket promotion have more than just the very basic DTV plans.

ok haven't really checked it out since not clear a season will be played will do my usual call when it looks like we will have a season