With so many Primetime games, is Sunday Ticket worth it?

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Last year i paid for the year and didn't use it much at all in December (though i did watch other games with it.) this year, I might pay month to month and drop December. I really enjoy using it to watch other teams that I haven't seen much of. 

Scouting our playoff opponents on our Super Bowl run, I’m sure. 

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

Scouting our playoff opponents on our Super Bowl run, I’m sure. 

Great point. 

Also, watching certain players. I watched a good bit of Kyler in the later games last year as they were usually on at 4pm. This year I'll probably watch a lot of the Broncos as I've adopted them as my team #2 this year.

5 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Combining the prospect of a limited season due to COVID, the fact that nearly 1/3 of the Bills games are primetime (or likely to be flexed there) and that even many of the Bills 1pm or 4pm games will be the "national" broadcast...is there any sense in paying DirectTV for Bills games for those of us out of market?

I'm thinking I won't be getting it for the first time in almost 20 years.

Great point. 

I am going to see what kind of deal I can get, and go from there.

I will say that I like directv for at least piece of mind that i will see every Bills' game, without fail. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am about an hour north of Albany, which is Jets/Giants territory.  If the Bills aren't on regular TV (CBS or FOX) for the 1pm/4pm, then I hit the bar.  

Last year, I think I only had to go to the bar 3-4 times all season.

Looking at this year's schedule, even with four prime time games, I'm looking at more trips to the bar unless the Jets and Giants are very horrible, very early!

Fingers crossed I'm wrong!  @Albany,n.y.

1 - Jets - will be on local CBS affiliate

2 - Miami - will be on local CBS affiliate

3 - Rams - going to the bar.  Fox game and the Giants play at the same time.

4 - Raiders - going to the bar.  CBS Game and New England is playing KC at the same time.  

5 - Tennessee - going to the bar.  CBS Game and the Jets are playing at the same time.

6 - THURSDAY NIGHT

7 - Jets - will be on local CBS affiliate

8 - Pats* - this is on CBS and the Jets are playing KC this day.  This one is a toss up.

9 - Seatlle - going to the bar - Fox game and the Giants are playing at the same time

10 - Arizona - going to the bar - CBS game and Mia/NYJ are playing.

11 - BYE 

12 - LA Chargers  - going to the bar - CBS game and NYJ/Mia are playing

13 - MONDAY NIGHT

14 - SUNDAY NIGHT

15 - Denver - Time

16 - MONDAY NIGHT

17 - going to the bar - this game is on CBS and Jets/Pats* are playing.

I counted one more bar game: if the schedule as shown in the latest issue of Bills Digest is correct, week 2 the Giants@Bears game is on CBS.  So unless they messed up plan on week 2 not being on local TV.  Also since I think the Patriots will suck, I doubt we'll get the week 8 game on Ch 6.  However, I think we'll get the Raiders game because the Patriots don't get games over us unless they're playing the giants or Jets.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Combining the prospect of a limited season due to COVID, the fact that nearly 1/3 of the Bills games are primetime (or likely to be flexed there) and that even many of the Bills 1pm or 4pm games will be the "national" broadcast...is there any sense in paying DirectTV for Bills games for those of us out of market?

If there is a limited season, there won't be 5 primetime games.

3 hours ago, thurst44 said:

I had been considering dropping it before COVID due to finances, but now am likely to renew. I'm in the NYC metro and was in the hospital in 2017 for over a week with serious lung issues (they were debating a ventilator at one point, but thankfully took an upturn) so unless something changes big time, I'm not going to chance going into the city to watch the games at a bar, and I don't like to miss any games. Plus, while I used to be a Bills fan more than a football fan, I've become more interested in the league at large lately. 

Be well bud.  Smart move as some people just are not taking this thing seriously.  You’re the smart one, especially with an underlying condition.  Hey get Uber Eats, have a nice snack, make dinner with the family, and enjoy the ticket.  I had it since 1996.  You can always strong arm those guys and if persuasive can get it for free the first year, and then ever year you do the dance to get at a discount.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Be well bud.  Smart move as some people just are not taking this thing seriously.  You’re the smart one, especially with an underlying condition.  Hey get Uber Eats, have a nice snack, make dinner with the family, and enjoy the ticket.  I had it since 1996.  You can always strong arm those guys and if persuasive can get it for free the first year, and then ever year you do the dance to get at a discount.

Yes get well my friend. I know I will probably just bite the bullet and get the ticket also just can't miss a Bills game. DTV shot me down 100% last year no deal so not holding out much hope for a discount.

9 hours ago, BisonMan said:

This is a very good point.

9 hours ago, GG said:

If you were a subscriber last year, DTV threw in Sunday Ticket for free this year.

Not true... Not everyone. I've been a subscriber for almost 10 years running and received nothing.

I’ve gotten ST free, or nearly free for some time now.  I personally would pay the full fee just to have Redzone.  Living in Buffalo I don’t need it for Bills games, and don’t watch full games of other teams other than night games.

I have Redzone on all Sunday, as a background to the Bills games or my go to for all games.  Worth whatever the cost is.

19 hours ago, GG said:

If you were a subscriber last year, DTV threw in Sunday Ticket for free this year.

Untrue it’s MAx that will be free still need to pay for basic ST or negotiate 

17 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I dropped direct TV for the first time in 25 yrs. They called 2 days later and offered to drop my bill by $50. I said being a loyal customer for almost 25 yrs why didn't you lower my bill in the first place. I'm done with AT&T. Direct TV sucks since AT&T took it over. Switched to Dish. Now need to find a good free stream to watch my Bills!

Streams work ok but no way to synch the stream and bills radio broadcast been doing this since 2005 when I signed up for Sirius.

I live near Boston so they tend to show AFC East games when the Patriots are in primetime. So we get the Bills fairly often. But this year I'm worried the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be on every week instead.

21 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Honestly, there are enough ways to watch without the ticket that i quit paying a couple years ago and haven't missed a game. Feel free to DM me for the deets..

Edited by CLTbills