With so many Primetime games, is Sunday Ticket worth it?

I am about an hour north of Albany, which is Jets/Giants territory.  If the Bills aren't on regular TV (CBS or FOX) for the 1pm/4pm, then I hit the bar.  

Last year, I think I only had to go to the bar 3-4 times all season.

Looking at this year's schedule, even with four prime time games, I'm looking at more trips to the bar unless the Jets and Giants are very horrible, very early!

Fingers crossed I'm wrong!  @Albany,n.y.

1 - Jets - will be on local CBS affiliate

2 - Miami - will be on local CBS affiliate

3 - Rams - going to the bar.  Fox game and the Giants play at the same time.

4 - Raiders - going to the bar.  CBS Game and New England is playing KC at the same time.  

5 - Tennessee - going to the bar.  CBS Game and the Jets are playing at the same time.

6 - THURSDAY NIGHT

7 - Jets - will be on local CBS affiliate

8 - Pats* - this is on CBS and the Jets are playing KC this day.  This one is a toss up.

9 - Seatlle - going to the bar - Fox game and the Giants are playing at the same time

10 - Arizona - going to the bar - CBS game and Mia/NYJ are playing.

11 - BYE 

12 - LA Chargers  - going to the bar - CBS game and NYJ/Mia are playing

13 - MONDAY NIGHT

14 - SUNDAY NIGHT

15 - Denver - Time

16 - MONDAY NIGHT

17 - going to the bar - this game is on CBS and Jets/Pats* are playing.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I dropped direct TV for the first time in 25 yrs. They called 2 days later and offered to drop my bill by $50. I said being a loyal customer for almost 25 yrs why didn't you lower my bill in the first place. I'm done with AT&T. Direct TV sucks since AT&T took it over. Switched to Dish. Now need to find a good free stream to watch my Bills!

Gotta agree with ya - DirecTv sucks since AT&T got involved!

If you have DirecTV and plan to keep it, then ST isn't really an expensive add-on, considering the regular monthly subscription rates. (It's like paying for an extra 2 months of DirecTV.) But if you don't want DirecTV and you only have it for ST, then you're really paying close to a grand every year. Is THAT worth it?

You know how I mowed the lawn, fixed the fence, and took the kids fishing and for an ice cream yesterday?

Well, sorry honey, since we switched to YouTube.TV, I'm FORCED to go to the bar at about 12:30. And, I might get hung up on the later games too.

Home by 8. Love ya.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yes it is.. Say there’s 10 games not nationally televised it still comes out around $30 a game then.  Still a good deal imo 

I can go to a sport bar and have 3 drinks and wings for $30 plus tip. Of course it helps if said bar is within walking distance.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Is this true?  I don't believe everyone has gotten that promotion.

No it's not true. I didn't get squat last year. I tried and begged but nothing.  DTV is going bankrupt soon anyway unless DISH buys them. If they want to give it to me free or even half off, fine. But I wouldn't hold my breath. 

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

You should give them a call middle of August and see if they will throw it in for free.  They maybe a bit more flexible this year due to a lot of people's economic hardship.  

This isn't your first pandemic, is it? 

I like your style. :flirt:

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yes it is.. Say there’s 10 games not nationally televised it still comes out around $30 a game then.  Still a good deal imo 

Refund for poor performance? :D

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I am about an hour north of Albany, which is Jets/Giants territory.  If the Bills aren't on regular TV (CBS or FOX) for the 1pm/4pm, then I hit the bar.  

Looking at this year's schedule, even with four prime time games, I'm looking at more trips to the bar unless the Jets and Giants are very horrible, very early!

4 - Raiders - going to the bar.  CBS Game and New England is playing KC at the same time.  

5 - Tennessee - going to the bar.  CBS Game and the Jets are playing at the same time.

6 - THURSDAY NIGHT

8 - Pats* - this is on CBS and the Jets are playing KC this day.  This one is a toss up.

9 - Seatlle - going to the bar - Fox game and the Giants are playing at the same time

11 - BYE 

13 - MONDAY NIGHT

14 - SUNDAY NIGHT

15 - Denver - Time

16 - MONDAY NIGHT

Jets have a territory?

I've seen a map somewhere here that says otherwise.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

6 - THURSDAY NIGHT

11 - BYE 

13 - MONDAY NIGHT

14 - SUNDAY NIGHT

15 - Denver - Time

16 - MONDAY NIGHT

If you have a VPN $5 per month for the CBS and/or Fox app, you can just change your location to somewhere the game is being shown locally and watch it that way. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Combining the prospect of a limited season due to COVID, the fact that nearly 1/3 of the Bills games are primetime (or likely to be flexed there) and that even many of the Bills 1pm or 4pm games will be the "national" broadcast...is there any sense in paying DirectTV for Bills games for those of us out of market?

I'm thinking I won't be getting it for the first time in almost 20 years.

I had been considering dropping it before COVID due to finances, but now am likely to renew. I'm in the NYC metro and was in the hospital in 2017 for over a week with serious lung issues (they were debating a ventilator at one point, but thankfully took an upturn) so unless something changes big time, I'm not going to chance going into the city to watch the games at a bar, and I don't like to miss any games. Plus, while I used to be a Bills fan more than a football fan, I've become more interested in the league at large lately. 

1 hour ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I dropped direct TV for the first time in 25 yrs. They called 2 days later and offered to drop my bill by $50. I said being a loyal customer for almost 25 yrs why didn't you lower my bill in the first place. I'm done with AT&T. Direct TV sucks since AT&T took it over. Switched to Dish. Now need to find a good free stream to watch my Bills!

A friend told me there were some pretty reliable ones last season.

At the risk of being the bearer of bad new, I think the calculus on Sunday ticket will be very different this year.  DirecTV is on hard times.....and, their owner, ATT has decided to sell the entity call DirecTV.  You might notice that there are no longer adds for their services on TV.  The Wall Street Journal article on this topic said that a merger w Dish network may be the only out for ATT.  ATT going to focus on direct streaming product they are developing.  I have no idea what they might charge this year, I am wondering when their "franchise" for the sunday ticket will expire.  I am working on another scheme for TV for my primary home....likely U-tube TV using a Fire stick.  Anyhow, I will be watching this forum to find out what the experience is for loyal Bills fans as they try their various techniques to deal with subscribing (or not) to DirecTV and Sunday ticket . As I am in Florida for a lot of the season, the directv is now more appealing...last year I watched the Bills games at the  corner bar/grill and ate pretty good wings in the process. (Ft Myers)  Now, post virus, the bar is PERMANENTLY closed, and I am rethinking the Sunday ticket....many smaller bar/grill venues only have three or four screen liscenses w Directv, and getting them to put the B ills games up is a challenge.

Edited by bigK14094
grammer