[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just understand who Scott is. 

This article just shows how bat **** crazy Watkins is, how he got wasted every night, disappeared from everyone including teammates and was praying to get out of Buffalo.  But yet Scott will still defend his Watkins comments.

That's who Scott is.  He makes up his mind and nothing will change it.  He is a the biggest crier this board has ever seen.

When you use the term "undeniable talent" you're referencing elite talent.  I never said Sanders wasn't good, he's a good #2 WR.

That’s who Scott is.  No doubt

On 5/12/2020 at 9:31 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Sammy Watkins is out there..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889029-what-sammy-watkins-believes

As always, great interview and article by Ty Dunne.Interesting insight into his time with the Bills etc...

What an interesting article, fascinating honestly. I'm an empath so I know what he's talking about and I've long felt that covid19 and the unrest in the world is the next coming of a world war. Not that war in any capacity anywhere has really truly stopped, especially the middle east for instance. I just heard a lot of

scary stuff about covid and whats really happening now from an army national gaurd medical officer with a high clearance and to be blunt they've been testing soldiers that are home with covid and they can't get it to exit their bodies PERIOD. Let that sink in, he says that it already is on it's third mutation and not only that but even if you had/have covid and have had zero symptoms your life will be shortened 10-20 years because its like getting hepatitis c it stays no matter what and it ruins your pulmonary system. Now think about what someone who struggled and had/has symptoms has in store for their life expectancy =( This is scary as all get out. Maybe Sammy the millionaire who undoubtedly has more connections than us knows a lot more than he's letting on.  He dropped some large bombs

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I got news for you, a lot of NFL players are bat ***** crazy. Go watch the documentary on Lawrence Taylor. 

The guy also claimed he loved Buffalo and loves being there a week before he was traded. As I said, he’s been inconsistent buts he’s also been a big help to the teams he’s been on since the trade.... you could argue the Chiefs don’t win the super bowl without Watkins. 

I’m just happy you stopped using Gase and mcd’s records as a way of comparing their ability to coach.  That’s ***** was stupid. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? The guy was just on the Super Bowl winning team.

Watkins is a very small puzzle piece on the Chiefs team.  He just took a massive pay-cut this offseason to return.

For them, he's not a huge distraction.  Because they aren't counting on him to be more than the 3rd-4th option in the passing game.

The Bills made a HUGE investment to obtain Watkins - not only in using a Top 5 pick on him, but actually trading up to do it.

They were counting on him to be a leader, and a key piece that would vault our offense and team into the playoffs.

Every organization will take a chance on problem players.  It's the dysfunctional ones that use high draft picks and big free agent contracts on risky characters.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's who Scott is.  He makes up his mind and nothing will change it.  He is a the biggest crier this board has ever seen.

I miss ICE. :( 

20 hours ago, Buftex said:

To be fair to Whaley, it doesn't seem like he was ever completely in charge of the things a GM should be in charge of.  Not to say he didn't make any mistakes, but not being able to choose his own coach was a big obstacle in his job.  I know most hate Marrone (with good reason), but when you think about it, they were reasonably on the right track to building a team pretty similar to what we have now... a really good defense, and a middle of the road offense.  They really did seem on the verge of turning the corner under Marrone... the hiring of Rex Ryan, by the Pegulas and Brandon, was a huge mistake, and pretty much blew up Whaley's progress.

Great post. I agree. There were things to like about the team then. Whaley is a good talent evaluator. 

ya know what’s nice though — we’re talking about problems of the past and not the current and for Bills fans like us, that’s refreshing. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Great post. I agree. There were things to like about the team then. Whaley is a good talent evaluator. 

ya know what’s nice though — we’re talking about problems of the past and not the current and for Bills fans like us, that’s refreshing. 

Yes it is time to move on as Bills fans. It’s completely obvious why he was traded.  Hope his life is turned around for his sake. Oh and we were very fortunate to get a 2nd rd pick and a player in return. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I got news for you, a lot of NFL players are bat ***** crazy. Go watch the documentary on Lawrence Taylor. 

The guy also claimed he loved Buffalo and loves being there a week before he was traded. As I said, he’s been inconsistent buts he’s also been a big help to the teams he’s been on since the trade.... you could argue the Chiefs don’t win the super bowl without Watkins. 

No doubt that Sammy earned a ring and that can never, ever be taken away from him. That is an indisputable fact.

Two other indisputable facts after this article came out:

1. McBeane absolutely made a smart move in getting this space cadet out of town.

2. Those still crying that Sammy is gone are even bigger nitwits than they were before.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Knowing what we know now, and what Whaley and company should have known then, I don’t know how you look to the left and see Khalil Mack on your board, then look right and see Sammy Watkins and then say, “Yeah...oh hell yeah, I’ll trade those two number 1s for th guy on the right!”

I was initially ok with the Sammy pick.  However, I’ve stated here before that when they made the trade I thought for sure it was to get Mack.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Way to reach Scott.  Since the greatest defensive player of all time was a little crazy, lets use him to help your argument lol.  

If Watkins ever starts getting considered as one of the greatest of all time...then you have an argument.

Great, so Watkins had a good postseason.  So I guess you can make the argument that the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl in 2016 without Hogan?  

Straight up Scott, yes or no answer.  I don't know if you know what a yes or no answer means so I'll explain it.  You can only answer this question with either yes or no.  You can't dance around the question.

After reading this article and seeing how out there Sammy is, wasn't committing himself to football by getting "wasted wasted" every night and his injuries were a result of his own behavior (he admits this).....was it the wrong move to trade him?  YES OR NO.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Way to reach Scott.  Since the greatest defensive player of all time was a little crazy, lets use him to help your argument lol.  

If Watkins ever starts getting considered as one of the greatest of all time...then you have an argument.

Great, so Watkins had a good postseason.  So I guess you can make the argument that the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl in 2016 without Hogan?  

Straight up Scott, yes or no answer.  I don't know if you know what a yes or no answer means so I'll explain it.  You can only answer this question with either yes or no.  You can't dance around the question.

After reading this article and seeing how out there Sammy is, wasn't committing himself to football by getting "wasted wasted" every night and his injuries were a result of his own behavior (he admits this).....was it the wrong move to trade him?  YES OR NO.

Why am I thinking this will NOT be a YES or NO answer? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A little crazy? That guys ***** nuts. Dude was off his rocker 24/7. A lot of NFL players(and really good players mind you) are complete delinquents off the field. Who knew? Teams put up with it because they perform on the field 

If your just checking the box score, yea Patriots don’t win a super bowl without Hogan.... Sammy stepped up big all post season and made Sherman a fool to set up the go ahead TD for the Chiefs. 

To answer your question, for the new regime and for McDermotts style I’d say no it wasn’t the wrong move to trade him, but I don’t think it’s that simple.

They essentially swapped Sammy for Kelvin Benjamin.(Of course, they preferred the ex Carolina Panther?) Benjamin was a ***** show where it matters, on the football field and is now out of the league in case you didn’t know that either. 

Except they traded a 3rd for KB, not the second they got for Sammy. 

And if you think the bolded, what is all the ***** hand wringing about?

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm liking Brandon Beane more and more with each passing season.

As much as they preach and genuinely believe in character, they are smart enough to recognize that talent ultimately gets you over the hump.

They're leaving no stone unturned. 

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A little crazy? That guys ***** nuts. Dude was off his rocker 24/7. A lot of NFL players(and really good players mind you) are complete delinquents off the field. Who knew? Teams put up with it because they perform on the field 

If your just checking the box score, yea Patriots don’t win a super bowl without Hogan.... Sammy stepped up big all post season and made Sherman a fool to set up the go ahead TD for the Chiefs. 

To answer your question, for the new regime and for McDermotts style I’d say no it wasn’t the wrong move to trade him, but I don’t think it’s that simple.

They essentially swapped Sammy for Kelvin Benjamin.(Of course, they preferred the ex Carolina Panther?) Benjamin was a ***** show where it matters, on the football field and is now out of the league in case you didn’t know that either. 

Remember when I said Im not sure if you know what a yes or no answer is?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I responded to the thread by saying you’d think Sammy was a complete bust and out of the league by now with all the hate he’s getting in here.

I’m not sure why you understand Sammy is hated.

I could break it down for you. We invested 2 first rounds picks in an offensive player who had one good year, battled injuries, screwed up his own rehab, saw dark energy from our HC and acted like an insane person, and who had to be shipped off for a much lower value due to all of the above. Then this guy puts up okayish numbers on two teams since then, and then has a good postseason and ultimately wins a Super Bowl.

He’d get less hate if he was a complete bust. Imagine if we cut Aaron Maybin, he put up 8 sacks with the Jets and then won a Super Bowl.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I responded to the thread by saying you’d think Sammy was a complete bust and out of the league by now with all the hate he’s getting in here.

Only you would defend an ex- Bill who gave limited effort while here.  The guy didn’t dress up for us on many Sundays because in his own words....his own behavior.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

58 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He might surprise us.

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nope, I guess not!