[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

32 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

It’s common knowledge that Whaley didn’t do the contracts. 

If I owned a team I’d higher Whaley to work in the scouting office but never to be GM. 

I’m not saying Sammy is a bad guy. He’s not. But he is a little crazy and lacking in intelligence and awareness. You can only think your soul jumped into another player to score a TD if you have a tenuous grip on reality. 

To be fair to Whaley, it doesn't seem like he was ever completely in charge of the things a GM should be in charge of.  Not to say he didn't make any mistakes, but not being able to choose his own coach was a big obstacle in his job.  I know most hate Marrone (with good reason), but when you think about it, they were reasonably on the right track to building a team pretty similar to what we have now... a really good defense, and a middle of the road offense.  They really did seem on the verge of turning the corner under Marrone... the hiring of Rex Ryan, by the Pegulas and Brandon, was a huge mistake, and pretty much blew up Whaley's progress.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait was it one or two first round picks he was traded for? I forgot....

But seriously, he’s an idiot and a weirdo and while he has talent he seems to lack that competitive edge to be great. He’s a follower, not an alpha. Oh well. Should have just been Mack. 

I don’t wish harm on the guy, but in twenty years this is going to be the guy they are talking about eating out of garbage cans down by the river and engaging in lewd acts with raccoons after pawning his super bowl ring in exchange for a Mr potato head toy who “talks” to him ...not because he ran out of money, just because he’s nuts. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I always was confused why fans parade that trade and bash him as if Sammy blows and they got away with a gigantic win....while inconsistent he's always been a threat for defenses, and has flashes of brilliance at the position. 

Trading him (along with Dareus, TT and a bunch of other guys you and others howled over) was a key part of rebuilding the team into one that has been to the playoffs twice after a 20 year drought.

So, good for Watkins for latching on to a great team and getting a ring, but there's no question the Bills got a win by getting rid of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sammy Watkins is out there..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889029-what-sammy-watkins-believes

As always, great interview and article by Ty Dunne.Interesting insight into his time with the Bills etc...

Jesus I'm not even a quarter of the way through the article leave some drugs for the rest of us Sammy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

His two best years in the NFL were both on the Bills before suffering the foot injury in 2016....He had a Jones fracture that is known to take a while to get players back to 100% as was the case with Julio.. I don’t disagree his football character was in question, McDermott didn’t want to take on that personality, but two highly touted offensive minds(one being McDermotts former boss)had no issues taking on that perceived character issue and it paid off. 

It was an irrational comment in the moment to call him moronic for the trade, but the Bills have had issues with the WR corps and have been looking for a Sammy Watkins type of talent since his departure. Hopefully they finally got one(and maybe a better one) in Diggs.

And here it is.

All precincts have reported. :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Wait was it one or two first round picks he was traded for? I forgot....

But seriously, he’s an idiot and a weirdo and while he has talent he seems to lack that competitive edge to be great. He’s a follower, not an alpha. Oh well. Should have just been Mack. 

I don’t wish harm on the guy, but in twenty years this is going to be the guy they are talking about eating out of garbage cans down by the river and engaging in lewd acts with raccoons after pawning his super bowl ring in exchange for a Mr potato head toy who “talks” to him ...not because he ran out of money, just because he’s nuts. 

Funny - he doesn't strike me as a Northern California type. :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Trading him (along with Dareus, TT and a bunch of other guys you and others howled over) was a key part of rebuilding the team into one that has been to the playoffs twice after a 20 year drought.

So, good for Watkins for latching on to a great team and getting a ring, but there's no question the Bills got a win by getting rid of him.

yep - them boys were merely stepping stones. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

That is awesome thank you for this. I do remember this day fondly. I was the Galleria Mall at Spencer’s gifts when I got the notification on my phone. I was defiantly just as shocked as a lot of these posters but I also had a lot of faith in Jordan Mathews. Whoops....

I remember the day because it was the day my mistress ended our affair. ?

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Keep talking about a male’s physical appearance while you hide behind your computer screen.  The great thing about this board is you can pretend to be the person you always wanted to be in real life.  

So who are you? Asking for a friend... 

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I remember all the positive reports about his work ethic and coming in early during his first camp.

He likely showed up early to walk around the facility making sure the devil wasn’t hiding in any of the trashcans. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No chance I’m clicking on that, ??

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I remember all the positive reports about his work ethic and coming in early during his first camp.

Showing up early = doing the 4am walk of shame into the facility straight outta his cab from Brick Bar 

Wow, what a strange article.  How did Sammy get away with partying on Chippewa with nobody saying anything?  It's like Lehner drinking a case every night and the Sabres have no clue.  I hope he finds some peace, and I hope the Bills can find the 3 first round picks we wasted on this guy.