[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Beane aint messing with no tampering charge..squash it NOW

Yeah, well, who you gonna believe? Some conniving, deal making weasel like Beane who’s always on the hunt? Or a solid citizen and fine, stable young man like Sammy? 

OK, never mind......

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

On the bright side, he makes Zay look a little better?    ?‍♂️

Likely scenario: Doug Whaley drunk dialed him and they discussed him returning to the Bills while they were both in altered states of mind. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, that's my point. If you sat down with all of them in 2014, they all probably sounded as nuts as the last one. At that point, you take the most physically gifted and hope for the best.

Not excusing, just explaining. Or rather, BSing. lol

You dont want any of that dirty Chip Strip coke anyways. Most of it is drywall dust that has been scraped from the men's room wall inside McMonkeez.

That's probably what did his body in more than anything.

:lol: Showing your age there my friend.  I don't think McMonkeez has been in operations in at least 15 years 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I always was confused why fans parade that trade and bash him as if Sammy blows and they got away with a gigantic win....while inconsistent he's always been a threat for defenses, and has flashes of brilliance at the position. 

Sammy’s an immensely talented player, there’s never been a doubt in my mind. But he is simply not the same football player he was when we traded him. He was clueless about football character and he’s even admitted as much. He was also an injury concern with a foot problem commonly known to prevent players from getting back to 100%. To imply that McD was an idiot for trading him and that the SB is proof of that is completely unwarranted.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, well, who you gonna believe? Some conniving, deal making weasel like Beane who’s always on the hunt? Or a solid citizen and fine, stable young man like Sammy? 

OK, never mind......

Will Whaley be his character witness?

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sammy’s an immensely talented player, there’s never been a doubt in my mind. But he is simply not the same football player he was when we traded him. He was clueless about football character and he’s even admitted as much. He was also an injury concern with a foot problem commonly known to prevent players from getting back to 100%. To imply that McD was an idiot for trading him and that the SB is proof of that is completely unwarranted.

Sounds like you are saying it is as dilusional as .... Sammy.

Have we ever seen Scott and Sammy together?  He keeps defending him as it was himself being judged.

• Haha (+1) 1

Watkins started to feel a dragon-like, snake-like presence around him, and then, when he went for a drive, he saw something that petrifies him to this day. He doesn't dare vocalize details, doesn't dare risk welcoming this sight back into his life. But it horrified him. It was demonic. It made one thing clear to Watkins: "There's s--t that can happen in this world that can take your life, my life, if it wants to," he says.

What did he see? I think it was @mead107 in a speedo. 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Did he have Stromboli?  Mead in a spandex speedo  (I am an expert in spandex seeing my wife work on swimsuits for several SI Swimsuit cover models) with a Stromboli logo and big ass cape.

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Jack has eaten his stromboli, if you know what I mean.

As a WNY native, I must admit that even after having gone to St Joe's for high school -- I have literally never heard the stromboli reference until now.  I am having trouble typing this as I am laughing so hard.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why?  I mean I would be one thing If Sammy was a homeless guy or in prison.  Dude just played a key role in winning a SB.  

for some reason, people love RI and made every excuse for him.  Now, Watkins who has never been in trouble, is some kind of maniac?  

Bro, Sammy, to me, is interesting in the way all basket cases are. I don’t believe in drafting basket cases, especially when you have to trade up in the first round to do it. It just makes it a worse look for Whaley. Whaley has an eye for talent but he never knew how to build a team. To me it’s a bad look for Whaley. You’ve got to draft talented kids with good heads. Very important. 

8 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Bro, Sammy, to me, is interesting in the way all basket cases are. I don’t believe in drafting basket cases, especially when you have to trade up in the first round to do it. It just makes it a worse look for Whaley. Whaley has an eye for talent but he never knew how to build a team. To me it’s a bad look for Whaley. You’ve got to draft talented kids with good heads. Very important. 

There was not indication Sammy was a basket case in college.  He was a player many teams would have drafted although certainly not where Bills drafted him.

But every time people get a chance they bash Whaley when a good portion of the blame goes to other people in front office he had no control over like Jim Overdorf who did the contracts.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

There was not indication Sammy was a basket case in college.  He was a player many teams would have drafted although certainly not where Bills drafted him.

But every time people get a chance they bash Whaley when a good portion of the blame goes to other people in front office he had no control over like Jim Overdorf who did the contracts.

So...what did overdorf do to make Sammy a lazy psychopath? Also, I didn't know overdorf was involved in giving up 2 first to draft him.

Just now, Limeaid said:

It’s common knowledge that Whaley didn’t do the contracts. 

If I owned a team I’d higher Whaley to work in the scouting office but never to be GM. 

I’m not saying Sammy is a bad guy. He’s not. But he is a little crazy and lacking in intelligence and awareness. You can only think your soul jumped into another player to score a TD if you have a tenuous grip on reality. 

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Overdorf didn't scout or pick the players.  Rookie deals a preslotted.

Whaley was a stone cold bum.  Bounced himself from the NFL for life.

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There was some indication. He was suspended his sophomore for a drug arrest (weed and pills not prescribed to him). Suspensions aren’t common under Swinney

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So...what did overdorf do to make Sammy a lazy psychopath? Also, I didn't know overdorf was involved in giving up 2 first to draft him.

Every move had to be approved by someone in front office.  After Donahue was given complete power and went power hungry Ralph's handlers were given control.  I do not understand why the Pegulas did not remove a lot of the holdovers. Coach McD was first one who had ability to dismiss Overdorf but Beane decided to allow him to remain but took control.

And Sammy was not a lazy psychopath when he was drafted although he did not seem to want to play in Buffalo.