[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Every move had to be approved by someone in front office.  After Donahue was given complete power and went power hungry Ralph's handlers were given control.  I do not understand why the Pegulas did not remove a lot of the holdovers. Coach McD was first one who had ability to dismiss Overdorf but Beane decided to allow him to remain but took control.

And Sammy was not a lazy psychopath when he was drafted although he did not seem to want to play in Buffalo.

Again, what did overdorf have to do with sammy's failures? You said it, please back it up.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

Wow.

Just wow.

He makes Antonio Brown look normal.  I’m not trying to be funny.  I hope Sammy gets some help.  

Sammy makes Dennis Rodman look like a model of stability.  Then again, Dennis always went all out on the court, no matter how wild he was off it.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:31 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Sammy Watkins is out there..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889029-what-sammy-watkins-believes

As always, great interview and article by Ty Dunne.Interesting insight into his time with the Bills etc...

So sad that we invested two # 1st rounders into a guy who had serious character issues.  When he wanted to play he looked like an all pro player and now i question the season he missed all those games if he just didn't care.  This is why the draft is such a crap shoot,  surprised Doug Whaley did not look deeper into Sammy's off the field activities .  I doubt the drinking and smoking pot started after he arrived in Buffalo

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You can believe what you will believe.  I believe the universe doesn't exist in the narrow confines that we think it does.  Ironically if you actually believe in physics and the teachings of Einstein, Tesla and various other brilliant minds they clearly talk about other dimensions and worm holes, dark matter, a universal energy source,  etc as being real and as far as I know none of those theories have been proven wrong, and in fact most have been proven right.

There is so much we have no clue about, but few people question things beyond what is directly in front of their face.

I certainly question the lizard king from Ft Myers and his ability to sense the wavelength of the dark spirits following my energy. 

Maybe I’m the crazy one, but I doubt it.

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

“So dumb. Unbelievably bad.   McDermotts another dud. 20 year drought, mark it down-“- ScottLaw 

oh it’s marked down alright. 

he broke the 20 year drought in a year where he traded away all of his best players.  In a year where everyone thought we were tanking.  He and Beane have been masterful in their rebuild.  The only thing yet TBD is whether or not Josh Allen is the right guy to deliver them the Lombardi.  Nearly everything else they’ve done has been on point imo.  

Among several things yet TBD just for 2020 are: a) how many games will the Bills win?  b) will the Bills make the playoffs?  c) will the Bills win the AFCE?  d) will the Bills win their first playoff game since Clinton was POTUS?   Also yet TBD is whether Josh Allen is good enough to be a respectable starter much less a franchise QB.  Don't be counting your Lombardis before they're won, dude.

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Among several things yet TBD just for 2020 are: a) how many games will the Bills win?  b) will the Bills make the playoffs?  c) will the Bills win the AFCE?  d) will the Bills win their first playoff game since Clinton was POTUS?   Also yet TBD is whether Josh Allen is good enough to be a respectable starter much less a franchise QB.  Don't be counting your Lombardis before they're won, dude.

Counting my Lombardis before they’re won?  Where did I do that?  It’s pretty much a consensus among those that know anything about football that our current roster is pretty stacked.  The only thing that is keeping us from being a super bowl favorite is QB play.  

If JA improves, we’re in the running for best team

in the league.  Not sure how that’s counting Lombardis but w/e.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? The guy was just on the Super Bowl winning team.

@ScottLaw TO TSW!!!  SAMMY WATKINS WAS ON THE SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAM LAST YEAR

yes Scott, we know.  We read the other 87 posts in this thread in which you informed us of this impressive feat

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/12/2020 at 12:38 PM, NewEra said:

15 pages in.  There are some good takes. This is the best.  Mark it down

I was one. To be fair, I had no idea that the planar dimensions section of the Dungeons & Dragons core rulebook was basically his guide for living. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes.  We all know that.

and his 50 grabs for 600 yards and 3 TD’s we the difference for that team.

How about the 18 postseason targets for 14 catches, 288 yards, and a TD. That do anything for you?  His worst game of the postseason was 76 yards receiving on 2 targets.  The leading receiver for the Bills against the Texans was Singletary.  He also had 76 yards receiving, but it was on 7 targets.

Here’s guessing that if Duke would have had 76 yards on 2 targets against the Texans like Sammy did rather than 49 yards on 10 targets, Buffalo would have had a chance to play against the reptilian solar king.  As much as people here wish it weren’t true, Watson was a key piece of that Super Bowl winning team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

How about the 18 postseason targets for 14 catches, 288 yards, and a TD. That do anything for you?  His worst game of the postseason was 76 yards receiving on 2 targets.  The leading receiver for the Bills against the Texans was Singletary.  He also had 76 yards receiving, but it was on 7 targets.

Here’s guessing that if Duke would have had 76 yards on 2 targets against the Texans like Sammy did rather than 49 yards on 10 targets, Buffalo would have had a chance to play against the reptilian solar king.  As much as people here wish it weren’t true, Watson was a key piece of that Super Bowl winning team.

I'm more concerned with his admitted behavior while he was a Bill.  Had to go and good riddance.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, ScottLaw said:

He's certainly been inconsistent, but the talent is undeniable and he showed that in the playoffs leading all receivers. 

This past year?  That would be Davante Adams as he had more yards, catches and TD's than Watkins in the playoffs.

So if the talent is undeniable because they are a leader in just the playoffs....would that make Danny Amenodola's talent undeniable as he lead the receivers in 2017?

Emmanuel Sanders in 2015?  The undeniable talent of Danny Amendola and Emmanuel Sanders....that fits well.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The other 87 posts are about how players like him are why this team has sucked for so long.?  It's complete nonsense. 

Not sure what point you’re even trying to make.  

that we shouldn’t have trade sammy?

that we would’ve won a super bowl if we had sammy?

that McDermott is another dud and that we have another 20 years of no playoffs coming?

yes, we know.  Sammy won a super bowl this year playing alongside the best player on earth who happens to play QB

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This past year?  That would be Davante Adams as he had more yards, catches and TD's than Watkins in the playoffs.

So if the talent is undeniable because they are a leader in just the playoffs....would that make Danny Amenodola's talent undeniable as he lead the receivers in 2017?

Emmanuel Sanders in 2015?  The undeniable talent of Danny Amendola and Emmanuel Sanders....that fits well.

Um ... Emmanuel Sanders is a REALLY good player who has had a terrific career.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure what point you’re even trying to make.  

that we shouldn’t have trade sammy?

that we would’ve won a super bowl if we had sammy?

that McDermott is another dud and that we have another 20 years of no playoffs coming?

yes, we know.  Sammy won a super bowl this year playing alongside the best player on earth who happens to play QB

Just understand who Scott is. 

This article just shows how bat **** crazy Watkins is, how he got wasted every night, disappeared from everyone including teammates and was praying to get out of Buffalo.  But yet Scott will still defend his Watkins comments.

That's who Scott is.  He makes up his mind and nothing will change it.  He is a the biggest crier this board has ever seen.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Um ... Emmanuel Sanders is a REALLY good player who has had a terrific career.

When you use the term "undeniable talent" you're referencing elite talent.  I never said Sanders wasn't good, he's a good #2 WR.