[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

6 hours ago, T master said:

That is the exact reason why i quit doing acid years ago ? & went to gonga it's not nearly as intense & the out of body experience's are much less real if i had any advice for Sammy he needs to lay off the psychedelic's if he doesn't his encounters could be linked to CTE ..

Either that or he just needs to leave recreational drugs alone all together just saying !! 

T- you’re right he almost certainly has an addictions problem most likely exacerbated by severe depression, but before I was in business, I am a licensed psychotherapist meaning a masters degree, post graduate work three years of supervision and licensed.  One can’t infer bipolar as nothing he said states with certainty manic episodes.  Agreed he has depression, addictions, etc.  He might be Bi-Polar, but can’t make that decision based on this interview.

I absolutely agree though Whaley screwed the pooch on this pick.

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I suspect that after a short interview with Sammy SM & BB said to each other, this guy has got to go, its no wonder they got rid of this wack job. Sad as it is there is a good chance he will be broke, in jail or dead within a few years of leaving the NFL. Gotta feel sorry for a human in this much turmoil. Definitely has mental health issues. 

I hope and need to pray that someone gets him the help he needs 

• Like (+1) 1

This thread may end the argument that the FO should never have traded him, “creating” unnecessary dead cap problems, me thinks that one can be put to rest. ?

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

To be fair, this is new information and not a reason to “I told you so” posters who thought we should keep him. 

We could all read the tea leaves of his lack of commitment.  There were stories even back then.  Like him playing pickup basketball games while "rehabbing" his foot.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

“So dumb. Unbelievably bad.   McDermotts another dud. 20 year drought, mark it down-“- ScottLaw 

oh it’s marked down alright. 

he broke the 20 year drought in a year where he traded away all of his best players.  In a year where everyone thought we were tanking.  He and Beane have been masterful in their rebuild.  The only thing yet TBD is whether or not Josh Allen is the right guy to deliver them the Lombardi.  Nearly everything else they’ve done has been on point imo.  

The question is why is Sammy Watson's name and picture being used on a profile of Scott?

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

When his contract is up next year there will be threads about signing him back :lol:

Beane apparently was interested in him until his extension and the Diggs trade... 

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

T- you’re right he almost certainly has an addictions problem most likely exacerbated by severe depression, but before I was in business, I am a licensed psychotherapist meaning a masters degree, post graduate work three years of supervision and licensed.  One can’t infer bipolar as nothing he said states with certainty manic episodes.  Agreed he has depression, addictions, etc.  He might be Bi-Polar, but can’t make that decision based on this interview.

I absolutely agree though Whaley screwed the pooch on this pick.

This board needs your magic!  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

To be fair, this is new information and not a reason to “I told you so” posters who thought we should keep him. 

Its not that new, Sammy is a known flat earther, and nothing good ever comes from that group, that and why do you think they dumped him so quickly? Sure he has talent, but his brain is an absolute mess and that likely stood out when player evaluations where first done by new management. If this interview came out back then we would have been lucky to get a conditional 7th for him. 

14 minutes ago, Bss said:

Beane apparently was interested in him until his extension and the Diggs trade... 

I interpreted that as his agent called the Bills and asked if they would be interested in bringing  him back, not the other way around 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

We could all read the tea leaves of his lack of commitment.  There were stories even back then.  Like him playing pickup basketball games while "rehabbing" his foot.

There was speculation based on his failure to live up to what the team paid to get him .... nothing like the scope of what this article uncovers however. 

Forget the multiple batshit crazy quotes in the article.  Watkins was a deformed action figure in the land of misfit toys at OBD.  It would seem that those days are behind us and the team, and I am looking forward to the upcoming season whenever it plays out.

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Its not that new, Sammy is a known flat earther, and nothing good ever comes from that group, that and why do you think they dumped him so quickly? Sure he has talent, but his brain is an absolute mess and that likely stood out when player evaluations where first done by new management. If this interview came out back then we would have been lucky to get a conditional 7th for him. 

Never heard any flat earth ? until he was on the rams roster