[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

27 minutes ago, Chemical said:

There are a few more steps from wild card loss to super bowl win ask Marvin Lewis. I really hope McDs extremely poor record against playoff teams is not typical going forward. 

for me it’s hard to imagine 3-4 wins in a row in the playoffs when they’re 3-17(?) against teams that end up making it to the postseason. I really hope I’m wrong. I’m excited to see how they do against teams like SF and KC this year. 

as for Sammy, it’s hard to put up with that type of behavior from someone. But they kept Zay Jones despite his off field incident. I’m over it now but I felt the trade was the wrong move at the time. I don’t think it would’ve worked out here with him since he was so unhappy and no 5th year option, but you can’t deny his playoff success 2 years in a row. I just wish they would’ve tried with him like they did with a much less talented Zay. 

I hear ya.  When looking at his record vs playoff teams in the last 3 years, I’d like for you to compare the talent level of McDs teams vs those playoff teams that he was facing.  

Year 1:  our talent level was so bad everyone said we were tanking and would have a top 3 pick.  McDermott made the playoffs.  We had the worst WRs in the league imo.  

Year 2:   Our raw rookie QB that needed a LOT of work was pressed into playing and missed multiple games Due to injury.  Peterman, Barkley and derek Anderson started games.  Again, we had the worst WR unit in the league as well as one of the worst OLs/running game ever. 55 mill in dead cap.

Year 3:  top 5 D.  Improving JA, OL, WR, add singletary.  Minus Castillo.  Our roster is in the conversation with other playoff teams.  We lost vs the Texans but we’re right there.

year 4:  on paper, we’re one of the more talented rosters in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Seriously, how do you ignore the fact this guy had so many bad influences around him.   Not to mention the fact he is pretty clearly bi-polar.   Wow

and rex was probably the worst coach for him. Watkins needs tight reigns not free wheeling.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How many times did I hear "Watkins didn't want to be here" was just a stupid excuse because of the stupid decision Beane made trading him away?

Reemerging in July, Watkins felt nothing but bad energy from new Bills head coach Sean McDermott. Like McDermott was testing him, triggering him, waging a "mental war" to make him explode. Watkins never demanded a trade, but he wanted out. Needed out. Literally stared into a mirror in his St. John Fisher College dorm room at Bills training camp and prayed, nightly, Get me out of here. Please, God

clearly delusional.

where did that quote come from?

5 hours ago, SWATeam said:

No way to deny the mental softness now.

Can't believe Whaley made that investment in this character.  

And in a receiver who had a route tree, at Clemson, that consisted of 80% WR screens.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Then the title of the thread should be changed...

Where did I suggest that?

In your response to @NewEra’s post referencing your August 2017 take on how dumb McDermott was for trading Watkins. You defended that take by citing Sammy’s play in KC’s Super Bowl victory three seasons after the fact. 

no pity from me. course, lest not forget sammy, to  “continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives”.

no, he should get no more pity then big stuff did. nobody considered what was going on in his head anymore then they did sammys. you see a number and a player, what goes on behind closed doors is not often revealed.

we all carry baggage, just some more then others.

4 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

And in a receiver who had a route tree, at Clemson, that consisted of 80% WR screens.

He’s a supremely talented athlete.  Not many WRs have his combination of speed, strength, explosiveness and strong hands. He’s going to be as good as sammy wants to be. Unfortunately for Sammy, his mental state seems to be getting in the way of him becoming great. In my opinion of course.  

there’s no denying that he has elite talent

• Like (+1) 1

The song driven by demons by pantera comes to mind.

When he say God could be the the devil who knows and then talks about an evil serpent in his mind. Hey Sammy, dont you think that message is coming from the devil??. Lay off the drugs and read your own comments and you will see what your problem is.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no pity from me. course, lest not forget sammy, to  “continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives”.

no, he should get no more pity then big stuff did. nobody considered what was going on in his head anymore then they did sammys. you see a number and a player, what goes on behind closed doors is not often revealed.

we all carry baggage, just some more then others.

When he got traded, this was the one thing that I kept turning to when I wanted to feel better about the trade.  In hindsight, dude was getting wrecked on the reg and sleeping 2 hours a night.  All while seeing aliens

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When he got traded, this was the one thing that I kept turning to when I wanted to feel better about the trade.  In hindsight, dude was getting wrecked on the reg and sleeping 2 hours a night.  All while seeing aliens

I've known something was up for years

Sammy would cryptically post things on Twitter like praise the great Ahmen and weird**** like that

Hell he actually said I'm not human and I think he honestly believed it

I knew he was dealing with demons in his head

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The article is a tremendous indictment of Whaley.    Sammy's immaturity and off-field issues should absolutely have been identified in the pre-draft process, especially when the plan was to draft him so high.  

Maybe, but do you really think the likes of OBJ, Kelvin Benjamin, or even notorious hot-head Mike Evans gave much better interviews?

Are they saying that the Bills had interest in bringing him back during free agency?  That is surprising to me 

There's no doubt in his mind: He is in control. Even when McDermott's Bills show interest, Watkins vows he could make that work if he wanted to, easily, because he now knows how to navigate through all dark energy. But why run? Why hide?”

Edited by FluffHead

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe, but do you really think the likes of OBJ, Kelvin Benjamin, or even notorious hot-head Mike Evans gave much better interviews?

I only care about how the Bills draft--taking into account the factors I mentioned.     If other teams screw up, that's actually a good thing for us....

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get this.  But I hope you’re sitting down, athletes do a lot of terrible stuff off the field.  I could give a list of Buffalo athletes that I know who liked to ski and weren’t at holiday valley.  Difference is Sammy admitted it.  

This is disappointing on multiple levels.  I was a big time Sammy supporter amidst the critics here and had no idea he was squandering his talent partying.  It also hurts that he never cut me in.  I almost bought his jersey for christs sake (until I remembered wearing jerseys was for children and slow adults) and he couldn't even spare a lousy key bump?!?!?!  

But what hurts the most, is the lack of respect!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I only care about how the Bills draft--taking into account the factors I mentioned.     If other teams screw up, that's actually a good thing for us....

Well, that's my point. If you sat down with all of them in 2014, they all probably sounded as nuts as the last one. At that point, you take the most physically gifted and hope for the best.

Not excusing, just explaining. Or rather, BSing. lol

Just now, Jauronimo said:

This is disappointing on multiple levels.  I was a big time Sammy supporter amidst the critics here and had no idea he was squandering his talent partying.  It also hurts that he never cut me in.  I almost bought his jersey for christs sake (until I remembered wearing jerseys was for children and slow adults) and he couldn't even spare a lousy key bump?!?!?!  

But what hurts the most, is the lack of respect!

You dont want any of that dirty Chip Strip coke anyways. Most of it is drywall dust that has been scraped from the men's room wall inside McMonkeez.

That's probably what did his body in more than anything.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If we had Sammy, we beat the Jags.  The one good thing Tyrod did in the passing game was throw to Sammy.  But we had Jordan Matthews and fat Kelvin. 

No guarantee we would have even made the playoffs that year if the trade hadn’t happened, given that EJ Gaines played a critical role in our defensive success.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know, if he’s got Clarity now, maybe we give up a 2nd and a 5th to get him back?    :)

Mental health is no joke. I feel for the guy, and for those around him. That is some way out stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1