[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There's going to be a 30 for 30 about Sammy in the future.  I think we are just starting to see the craziness and it's going to be great...

Are You Serious Clark GIFs | Tenor

I always liked Robert Woods (back to usc) and still cheer for him.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The dude that we traded up for for drank and smoked fatties til 4am every night, slept 2 hours and went to work.  We all wondered wth the problem was with him. Why is he always hurt?  Why does he call fans out telling them to go back to their little jobs?  Now we know. It’s not as if he was an angel during his time here. 

I’ve always been a sammy supporter, but now that the cards are on the table, it’s quite obvious why he was traded.  

I get this.  But I hope you’re sitting down, athletes do a lot of terrible stuff off the field.  I could give a list of Buffalo athletes that I know who liked to ski and weren’t at holiday valley.  Difference is Sammy admitted it.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get this.  But I hope you’re sitting down, athletes do a lot of terrible stuff off the field.  I could give a list of Buffalo athletes that I know who liked to ski and weren’t at holiday valley.  Difference is Sammy admitted it.  

That was my other take away from the article, "cocaine's a hell of a drug!"

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I have a good friend like this.  He's a good guy and his heart is in the right place, but his mind...wanders, to put it gently.

We all have that friend! And for a good stretch of my twenties I was that guy, thats why I can spot it so well.   I read a ton of Herman Hesse, spoke endlessly about Che Guevera, and had theories about shared energy.   Now I am 37, dont really like to talk and look forward to mowing my lawn.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This ignores the fact that we traded Sammy specifically to get a draft pick to use in a trade up for a QB in 2018. He wasn't traded in a vacuum. They were doing everything possible to make sure they would have the capital needed to get a QB. If the choice is Mason Rudolph + Sammy Watkins, or just Josh Allen, there's no debate.

Funny thing is a healthy Sammy would have been a perfect fit for Allen. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s not the only difference.  Did the other guys think they are living in another dimension? We’re they constantly injured and isolating themselves from their teammates?  Did they rip off their walking boot against team advice and reinjure themselves?

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This was impossible without trading Watkins I guess? 

I mean, they didn't know. It was before the 2017 season. They were planning on drafting a QB in 2018. They took every precaution needed to make sure they would get a QB they wanted. You're gonna fault them for that?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That’s not the only difference.  Did the other guys think they are living in another dimension? We’re they constantly injured and isolating themselves from their teammates?  Did they rip off their walking boot against team advice and reinjure themselves?

Zay Jones tried to fight for Jesus and he wasn’t nearly as insane as Sammy is.

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why?  I mean I would be one thing If Sammy was a homeless guy or in prison.  Dude just played a key role in winning a SB.  

for some reason, people love RI and made every excuse for him.  Now, Watkins who has never been in trouble, is some kind of maniac?  

Gee, I wonder what that could be

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude.  I’m not saying that there aren’t nut jobs out there.  I’m saying that sammy did things that warranted fans not liking him.  He wasn’t an angel 

He doesn’t understand.

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“So dumb. Unbelievably bad.   McDermotts another dud. 20 year drought, mark it down-“- ScottLaw 

oh it’s marked down alright. 

he broke the 20 year drought in a year where he traded away all of his best players.  In a year where everyone thought we were tanking.  He and Beane have been masterful in their rebuild.  The only thing yet TBD is whether or not Josh Allen is the right guy to deliver them the Lombardi.  Nearly everything else they’ve done has been on point imo.  

There are a few more steps from wild card loss to super bowl win ask Marvin Lewis. I really hope McDs extremely poor record against playoff teams is not typical going forward. 

for me it’s hard to imagine 3-4 wins in a row in the playoffs when they’re 3-17(?) against teams that end up making it to the postseason. I really hope I’m wrong. I’m excited to see how they do against teams like SF and KC this year. 

as for Sammy, it’s hard to put up with that type of behavior from someone. But they kept Zay Jones despite his off field incident. I’m over it now but I felt the trade was the wrong move at the time. I don’t think it would’ve worked out here with him since he was so unhappy and no 5th year option, but you can’t deny his playoff success 2 years in a row. I just wish they would’ve tried with him like they did with a much less talented Zay. 

The article is a tremendous indictment of Whaley.    Sammy's immaturity and off-field issues should absolutely have been identified in the pre-draft process, especially when the plan was to draft him so high.   

It's the same thing that happened with the Mike Williams pick under Tom Donahoe.     Too much focus put on physical skills, not nearly enough on mental, social and motivational attributes.   

Thankfully, McD and Beane "get it" in this regard.     What's so hard to believe is that in a multi-billion dollar business like the NFL, so few teams seem to understand this... 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

There are a few more steps from wild card loss to super bowl win ask Marvin Lewis. I really hope McDs extremely poor record against playoff teams is not typical going forward. 

for me it’s hard to imagine 3-4 wins in a row in the playoffs when they’re 3-17(?) against teams that end up making it to the postseason. I really hope I’m wrong. I’m excited to see how they do against teams like SF and KC this year. 

as for Sammy, it’s hard to put up with that type of behavior from someone. But they kept Zay Jones despite his off field incident. I’m over it now but I felt the trade was the wrong move at the time. I don’t think it would’ve worked out here with him since he was so unhappy and no 5th year option, but you can’t deny his playoff success 2 years in a row. I just wish they would’ve tried with him like they did with a much less talented Zay. 

Sammy claimed Sean was full of negative energy and he wanted out. I’m sure that showed up on the practice field. on the practice field Zay received high praise, and even still it didn’t stop them from moving on for a little more than nothing. At least the bills got a decent corner out of a 1 year Sammy rental.

besides Diggs is better. 

46 minutes ago, billykay said:

I don't know who you know, but imho they all have mental health issues.

Maybe. But when one described a person who was standing next to me as a perfect description of my grandmother(down to a very unique necklace she wore all the time) who they had never met or even seen in a picture and I had never talked about with them about her and they didn't know any of my other friends who had, it kind of forces you to rethink things.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sammy claimed Sean was full of negative energy and he wanted out. I’m sure that showed up on the practice field. on the practice field Zay received high praise, and even still it didn’t stop them from moving on for a little more than nothing. At least the bills got a decent corner out of a 1 year Sammy rental.

besides Diggs is better. 

Aka Sean actually had expectations and Rexapalooza was over 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The article is a tremendous indictment of Whaley.    Sammy's immaturity and off-field issues should absolutely have been identified in the pre-draft process, especially when the plan was to draft him so high.   

It's the same thing that happened with the Mike Williams pick under Tom Donahoe.     Too much focus put on physical skills, not nearly enough on mental, social and motivational attributes.   

Thankfully, McD and Beane "get it" in this regard.     What's so hard to believe is that in a multi-billion dollar business like the NFL, so few teams seem to understand this... 

Ahhhh Whales.... he meant well anyway  ?