[Vague Title] The King..Is out there..Sammy

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He played well enough that the Chiefs signed him the second FA started and gave him $16 million a year.  

it’s funny that all these terrible ex Bills players - Watkins, Darby, Gilmore, Bradham, Ragland, Hogan - all have won rings.  Instead of being salty (not you, your post is fine), why not just say good for Sammy for overcoming his injuries and making big plays when his team needed him?

why not just let posters have their own, valid opinions about players that were once on the bills and are now on another team?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re such a liar and full of ?.  I never said all I do is bang super models. ?  Like my 5 is probably is probably your 10 but still I have dated normies as well.  Super models are overrated anyways.

and I never had 4 tds in a high school game. ? but Al Bundy ended up with Sophia Vergera, so thank you.  If only you would have made JV. 

Yeah, these fans really showed him!!!

such a salty thread.  

Just incredible stuff as always. I love you Biscuit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Could've sworn Sammy Watkins just won a Super Bowl and played an intricate part in the W.... you'd think he was out of the league from some of these posts.?

I think what you MEANT to say is “I was wrong”. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Could've sworn Sammy Watkins just won a Super Bowl and played an intricate part in the W.... you'd think he was out of the league from some of these posts.?

Yes, that would be my take away from this article.  :lol:

Yikes.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

??

They won a Super Bowl. Your boy hasn't won a playoff game yet.?

“So dumb. Unbelievably bad.   McDermotts another dud. 20 year drought, mark it down-“- ScottLaw 

oh it’s marked down alright. 

he broke the 20 year drought in a year where he traded away all of his best players.  In a year where everyone thought we were tanking.  He and Beane have been masterful in their rebuild.  The only thing yet TBD is whether or not Josh Allen is the right guy to deliver them the Lombardi.  Nearly everything else they’ve done has been on point imo.  

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just incredible stuff as always. I love you Biscuit.

I hate you. 

but as annoying as you are, I’ve come to hate you less.  Maybe I’ll just go back to being a homer.  ?

Josh Allen is the best qb in the nfl and anyone who says different is a ? head!!! Better?

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sammy Watkins is not competitive. 

You saw this from him early. 

He allowed himself to be taken completely out of games. 

Look at the game logs. 3 catches and <35 yards. That's half of Sammy Watkins games in Buffalo. 

And he hasn't proven the Bills wrong at all with the Rams or Chiefs. He is a #3/#4 WR, who will never be the #1 option on a good offense. 

he just kicked butt in the playoffs and won a sb though ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate you. 

but as annoying as you are, I’ve come to hate you less.  Maybe I’ll just go back to being a homer.  ?

Josh Allen is the best qb in the nfl and anyone who says different is a ? head!!! Better?

Your playbook hasn’t changed in 10 years of posting. It’s just incredible. I now truly understand your Jauron love. It’s because you are the Jauron of TBD posters. 

Edited by FireChans

This was quite informative and insightful.  So much of this makes senses now...how a guy with no injury history can go to dealing with so many things like this.  Not taking care of his body, partying, and ripping his cast off, etc.

One thing I will always stand by is that the talent and gifts are there.  But he was clearly a troubled soul between his personal demons and his off field troubles, struggles, and distractions.  

I feel bad for him, reading this just puts into perspective how difficult his journey has been both thanks to self sabotage from fighting his own demons, to the struggles and problems with those around him he cared most for.  

I will say this...if Sammy can get to a place where he has peace off the field...peace within himself...he could still be quite special on the field.  That being said, I don't know if he will ever find that balance though.  Reading this I just kept thinking about Cris Carter.  A guy with all this talent but his demons were holding his career back.  But once he broke through and got to a good place the rest was history.  

But thats not an easy task to do...and only time will tell.  I will continue to hope for his success and he finds his way out of all these dark places.  But, having read all this now, the original trade of him to the Rams not only makes perfect sense, but was pretty significant foresight for Beane and we got great value in return.  It also makes sense why Rams did not want to keep him, and instead traded for Cooks.

Moral of the story:  Beane is a wizard.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

Your playbook hasn’t changed in 10 years of posting. It’s just incredible. I now truly empathize with your Jauron love. It’s because you are the Jauron of TBD posters. 

See I was trying to extend an olive branch and you’re just stuck in d bag mood.  

and I thought you were a new poster here.  I literally have no idea who you are.  But I’m glad you remember me.  Maybe one day I’ll remember something about you.  

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate you. 

That fact that you don’t understand there’s a huge area of reasonable thinking between the homers you describe and the people who theme their posts similar to you is funny. 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This isn't allowed to be discussed. It's a bash Sammy and praise McBeane thread. ?

There’s a long list of guys that have had really nice playoff runs or Super Bowls and just weren’t really all that good as whole. I don’t understand why the playoffs thing is such a default response. It’s honestly just really lazy. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Loved the use of the cliche Native American Wolf story....he isn't crazy, he is an immature idiot who thinks he is intelligent. 

I have a good friend like this.  He's a good guy and his heart is in the right place, but his mind...wanders, to put it gently.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What about his post was wrong? Watkins was their leading receiver in the playoffs and they won the SB. 

He called McDermott a dud and said “20 years of no playoffs, mark it down.”

Id say that’s...objectively wrong.

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Masterful is a little much don't you think? 

They are right at the .500 mark and have 0 playoffs wins through 3 years.... your telling me they couldn't have used Sammy last season? 

The problem is the standards from Bills fans is so low due to the past two decades that McBeane are looked at as geniuses... they are definitely better than what the franchise has had but still have much to prove. 

Anyway, I thought the point of this thread was to bash the weirdness that is the Super Bowl champ Sammy Watkins? 

Always have to argue something.  Now let’s argue about what masterful means.  Never stops

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He played well enough that the Chiefs signed him the second FA started and gave him $16 million a year.  

it’s funny that all these terrible ex Bills players - Watkins, Darby, Gilmore, Bradham, Ragland, Hogan - all have won rings.  Instead of being salty (not you, your post is fine), why not just say good for Sammy for overcoming his injuries and making big plays when his team needed him?

My post was more response to that poster. 

Honestly, I do not wish Sammy anything but the best. I think he is in a great place for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Are you suggesting the Sammy Watkins we traded in August of ‘17 is the same Sammy Watkins that won a SB in February of 2020? That’s a specious argument at best not to mention lazy.

• Like (+1) 1