Gregg Rosenthal: AFC East projected starters - Bills Deep Everywhere

17 minutes ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

Let's hope that Mahomes  & Jackson have a really bad year.

they won't , we will need to beat them.   pretty simple formula.  Just win the division, that is the goal.  get a home playoff game or games.  anything can happen then, this team travels pretty well

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

Let's hope that Mahomes  & Jackson have a really bad year.

Jackson is a  safe bet to not repeat his performance from last year. Teams can scheme him into being a passer. Jackson has to show he can do that, he couldn’t do it in the playoffs. 
Mahomes is going to be good for a long long time.

Bills can play with and beat anyone. Bills have probably the most balanced depth chart in the league.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jackson is a  safe bet to not repeat his performance from last year. Teams can scheme him into being a passer. Jackson has to show he can do that, he couldn’t do it in the playoffs. 
Mahomes is going to be good for a long long time.

Bills can play with and beat anyone. Bills have probably the most balanced depth chart in the league.

I agree on Jackson. He’s still going to be very good, but the Ravens completely caught the league off guard with their offense. I’ve never guys fly wide open like that on a consistent basis before. 

The titans did a great job not allowing the big play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

WWGGT?

what would gang green think?

I saw what they thought in the comments about rosenthal saying Fitz was the best qb in the division last year. Rosenthal doubled down on that. In the article he said “arguably” and in the comments he left that word out 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pristine?  For sure better than it was, and nice to see positive press, but not sure I'd go that far

The Chiefs are very balanced so I wouldn’t say we have the most balanced team, but we can match up of Allen has a solid third year in the same system.  That would really help.  As far as the Ravens, they have a sound defense, and their 13 personnel (three TE’s who don’t know) is solid and hard to defend given their athleticism, and size.

I still think we can, not will beat both or either of them, but have a good chance.  We can do it.  These are toss off games to say the least.  Then again, SF, and Seattle are no joke either.  

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Chiefs are very balanced so I wouldn’t say we have the most balanced team, but we can match up of Allen has a solid third year in the same system.  That would really help.  As far as the Ravens, they have a sound defense, and their 13 personnel (three TE’s who don’t know) is solid and hard to defend given their athleticism, and size.

I still think we can, not will beat both or either of them, but have a good chance.  We can do it.  These are toss off games to say the least.  Then again, SF, and Seattle are no joke either.  

I think the Bills matchup really well with Baltimore. The adjustment I think teams make against them is playing more of a bend but don’t break. 

Look at what the Titans did to them. They allowed the Ravens a ton of yardage, but without the quick strike they couldn’t score many points. That’s because their style of play chews up a ton of clock. If you can let them chew up 5-6 minutes a drive and force a FG attempts instead of TDs that’s how you can hang with them. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'll say it: upon first glance, the Dolphins have assembled a decent starting roster. Not really laughable at all. Possibly kind of dangerous. I was expecting something funnier when I scanned their projected starters.

They played the Bills tough as heck last year, and look to be much improved (although that many new pieces could take time to synch up).

Hate myself for typing any of this. 

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'll say it: upon first glance, the Dolphins have assembled a decent starting roster. Not really laughable at all. Possibly kind of dangerous. I was expecting something funnier when I scanned their projected starters.

They played the Bills tough as heck last year, and look to be much improved (although that many new pieces could take time to synch up).

Hate myself for typing any of this. 

Not enough, Pseudo-Jesus.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is the year.

I have learned over time that teams rebuild season by season to find holes, flaws in their roster. Right now the Bills still have a few, pass rush and O line.

The O line, while good, was ranked 20th or so in 2019 and they were stopped in the red zone running and the Ravens blitz tore them a new one. Not to mention how the Eagles D line pushed them around. With no major upgrades this season and a much tougher schedule my take is the Bills will make the playoffs and perhaps win one playoff game...maybe. 

49 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I have learned over time that teams rebuild season by season to find holes, flaws in their roster. Right now the Bills still have a few, pass rush and O line.

The O line, while good, was ranked 20th or so in 2019 and they were stopped in the red zone running and the Ravens blitz tore them a new one. Not to mention how the Eagles D line pushed them around. With no major upgrades this season and a much tougher schedule my take is the Bills will make the playoffs and perhaps win one playoff game...maybe. 

The Bills certainly are a candidate for regression, but it’s hard not to like the program your GM is building. 

From an outsiders perspective I think fans on this board are significantly underestimating the AFC East schedule this year. The Bills can easily have a better roster, but finish with a worst record.

Breakdown the Bills last year (not including Week 17 vs Jets)

Vs Teams 5 wins or under: 

5-0

Vs Teams 8 wins and under 

4-1

Vs Teams 9 wins and over (including playoffs)

1-5 

The only team the Bills beat that finished the year over .500 was the Titans before Tannehill was inserted in the lineup.

They also won games vs teams QBd by:

Sam Darnold playing with Mono

Brandon Allen

Duck Hodges 

Dwayne Haskins

The corpse of Eli Manning

Marcus Mariota 

Andy Dalton

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2 

Credit for winning the games you should win (Jets lost to Jacksonville, Miami, and Cincy), but next year is a different animal. 

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Bills certainly are a candidate for regression, but it’s hard not to like the program your GM is building. 

From an outsiders perspective I think fans on this board are significantly underestimating the AFC East schedule this year. The Bills can easily have a better roster, but finish with a worst record.

5-0

4-1

1-5 

The only team the Bills beat that finished the year over .500 was the Titans before Tannehill was inserted in the lineup.

Brandon Allen

Duck Hodges 

Dwayne Haskins

Marcus Mariota 

Andy Dalton

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2 

Credit for winning the games you should win (Jets lost to Jacksonville, Miami, and Cincy), but next year is a different animal. 

Who cares?   That's last year.  We were growing as a team as well, with a ton of new pieces. 

And what's with the Darnold, "with mono?"  Like that means anything.  The guy played and didn't even know he had mono, and it wouldn't have mattered if he didn't.   Playing against Darnold without mono doesn't elevate his status whatsoever. 

Beating upper echelon teams requires quality Qb play, which clearly didn't exist here last year.  If, IF, Allen steps up his game, there will be no problem beating top tier opponents this year. 

This team is literally a QB away from curb stomping 3/4 of the league. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

5-0

4-1

1-5 

Brandon Allen

Duck Hodges 

Dwayne Haskins

Marcus Mariota 

Andy Dalton

Ryan Fitzpatrick x2 

We did have success against Prescott on Thanksgiving and then Watson in the playoffs (unlucky boomerang play won them the game).  We also contained the QB's who beat us (except Wentz) and it was on our offense for the losses (Mayfield, Jackson, Brady 2x).  Last game against ginger doesn't count.  Even Wentz was just efficient as it was their running game that did us in.  If our offense improves I'm really not that worried about top tier QB's faring much better against our defense.