PFF with the ultimate Bills troll job

^oh and if you had really watched the game you would have mentioned Knox dropping that huge 3rd down play in the red zone, McKenzie dropping a TD along the sideline, Brown dropping the tying TD as time expired...not to mention iirc that was the game he got his foot rolled up on by Feliciano and couldn't move 

Almost positive that's the game that Beasley dropped a 40 yarder in a one score game too

This is a strange age we live in. Social media really makes people whacked.

You shouldn't "unfollow" PFF (it's silly that humans care about this) you should uninstall Twitter from your phone.

Let's return to an age where people didn't believe that the rest of the world cared about what they think, who they follow, or who they dare to unfollow (or what they ate for lunch).

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Umm I recommenced you rewatch that game.... Brown didn’t drop any pass, it was knocked away. Knox did drop a big 3rd down but what else is new with him? The McKenzie “dropped” TD wasn’t an easy catch by any means.... .  Beasley drop was more like a 20 yard pass.?

Either way, Allen missed throws all game.... he was all over the place.

So you'd agree with calling his performance 'horrible' in that game then, all things considered

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is a strange age we live in. Social media really makes people whacked.

You shouldn't "unfollow" PFF (it's silly that humans care about this) you should uninstall Twitter from your phone.

Let's return to an age where people didn't believe that the rest of the world cared about what they think, who they follow, or who they dare to unfollow (or what they ate for lunch).

...says the guy posting his thoughts on an internet message board

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Yet.  The best choice of words you have made.  Any of us who are happy to have Josh as a Bill think in those terms.  "Yet" implies there is more to come.  Something that could be great.

Not really. 

It describes a state of time, mainly past to the present.  

Example: "Fromm has yet to show he's a capable NFL Qb."

There's no implication of future success or failure, just the current state of the situation.  

Faith or hope would be better words to describe the future. 

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

The majority of us love Allen but there is some serious homerism going on here. The comparison isn't as offensive as some of you are making it seem. Trubisky had a pretty good second year but didn't improve in year 3. 

The PFF stuff I don't know much about except that Bills fans will only support analytics if they make the team look good and trash them if they don't. Maybe these guys are different with an axe to grind but that video on it's own is nothing to get upset about imo

My problem with this whole take is you have to give Josh a chance before you auto assume he wont be good in year 3.

He has made improvements form years 1 to years 2......and to auto assume that he is Trib because Trib floundered in year 3 is folly

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Not really. 

It describes a state of time, mainly past to the present.  

Example: "Fromm has yet to show he's a capable NFL Qb."

There's no implication of future success or failure, just the current state of the situation.  

Faith or hope would be better words to describe the future. 

To say that something has yet to happen is much different than saying it won't or can't.  Many detractors speak that way of Josh.  Most here do not.  In this case I was making note that Billl used "yet" whereas earlier he suggested that an NFL team shouldn't want him to be their QB.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a site that has admitted to trolling Bills fans for a reaction. I’m done with them at this point. I’m no longer feeding into their BS. Typically, I’m not overly sensitive when it comes to the Bills. They are just too much for me. I’m unfollowing them and encourage you to do the same. 

So, both guys say Josh Allen, and this offends you? 

Well, OK, I guess.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My problem with this whole take is you have to give Josh a chance before you auto assume he wont be good in year 3.

He has made improvements form years 1 to years 2......and to auto assume that he is Trib because Trib floundered in year 3 is folly

I think it's fair to say that there is a nonzero chance Josh has a Trubisky like 3rd year.  What that probability is I do not know. 

I think he will do everything he can to get them wins whether he improves as a passer or not.  This does make a difference. It's something Josh has that many others do not.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you think that they legitimately believe this is a question you haven’t been following PFF. @Hapless Bills Fan referenced it earlier but they’ve admitted to trolling Bills fans to get clicks and discussion. We are the most active on socially media and the first to respond. There are numbers that support it. There are reasons that they don’t troll the Chargers. No one will click on, retweet or respond. They fire at us (and the Browns apparently) because we have active and passionate fan bases. I’m done taking the bait. They make their money by followers, subscriptions and clicks. I’m just not going to support their agenda anymore. If they lose Bills fans they lose a hell of a lot more than if they lose Chargers fans. That’s why they shoot at us. They want a reaction from us good or bad.

It’s that they chose Trubisky for the comparison. Close bud of mine is from northern Indiana, huge Chicago sports fan. We chat routinely. Comparing our QBs, I said .well..

this

D6B74B4B-76F7-49F2-9BAE-E71473F5CCD2.jpeg

I’d join you in dropping PFF, but I never signed up.

4 hours ago, Billl said:

After 2 seasons

QBa.  15-12 record, 56.3% completions, 30 TDs, 21 INTs, 5163 yards

QBb. 15-11 record, 62.7%, 31 TDs, 19 INTs, 5416 yards

Q) Which one do you want throwing the football for your team?

A) Neither

Take your trolling crap elsewhere. You’re not even a Bills fan, correct?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s that they chose Trubisky for the comparison. Close bud of mine is from northern Indiana, huge Chicago sports fan. We chat routinely. Comparing our QBs, I said .well..

this

D6B74B4B-76F7-49F2-9BAE-E71473F5CCD2.jpeg

I’d join you in dropping PFF, but I never signed up.

My former boss is a big Bears fan. He would answer Trubisky to this question (and he doesn't like Trubisky). He thinks Allen is a scrub. I have said to him he played much better in 2019 but he isn't buying it. I have said to him what would a Bears fan know about Quarterback play ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I’m in that weird “in between age” (38). I can tweet about it or put it on IG but have no idea where to find the Tik Tok and the Snapchat (if kids still use that).

KJ, that’s funny as my kids do the Snapchat, instagram, Twitter, Facebook and every other waste of time social media.  Sorry, I’m old school.  If I want to talk, I’ll call, text or email a person.  I do have a friend sends me tick took stuff several times a week.  She likes that stuff.

Regarding the PFF thing, I stopped looking at this site a very long time ago.  It’s only when one of you guys bring it to the board, I glance at it.  They are slanted and sensationalistic.  Besides, it really doesn’t matter what analysts like them say about Allen.  The only thing that matters is the obvious, WINS.

• Like (+1) 1

PFF used to be a great site/resource, but they have really gotten off brand over the years. Its now about hot takes and clickbait to get fan reaction for them.

Their rankings are also completely arbitrary in that nobody can actually understand them or how/why they received that grade. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. Analytics doesn’t work in football. There are way too many variables and a small sample size. It works in a game like baseball which is not as team reliant and has a much larger sample size. 

• Like (+1) 1