PFF with the ultimate Bills troll job

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

Unsure I’ve explained myself well. 

He has improved. That is tangible. But he hasn’t proven himself to have totally ruled out going full Trubisky, Bortles, and 20 other QBs over the years.

He also hasn’t done anything to say he’ll step back like those guys did either. This is a bit of a what if year for him. By most metrics Josh is a bottom ranked QB. Because of that Bills fans have to take some criticism on the chin, it’s partially deserved. I don’t think it’s insulting, nor do I think (Hope) it’s permanent. 

Maybe it's me, but it often feels a lot like you don't want Alen to get to the next level.  You never miss an opportunity to remind folks that he's not yet an elite qb, and seem to go way out of your way to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Do most people believe Allen is going to be good though? Or just most Bills fans? I like Allen. He's got all the arm talent in the world and seems like a good dude. But I'm not completely sold on him yet. I hope he becomes all we think he can be. But he's still got a ways to go.

As for PFF, if they're really just trying to get a rise out of fans, best to not give them what they want. 

He’s +1800 to be the NFL MVP currently on Bovada. The exact same odds as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. If I can figure out how to shrink the screenshot I’ll post it. 

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

I am a Chiefs fan.  I also follow the Bills.  They’re a really good team with a QB who isn’t very good yet.

Yet.  The best choice of words you have made.  Any of us who are happy to have Josh as a Bill think in those terms.  "Yet" implies there is more to come.  Something that could be great.

22 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While the OP may be right about PFF attitudes about Josh Allen, after listening to the clip, I can’t say I disagree...

Both QBs had similar production their sophomore years...however Trubisky had a down year in his third season and Allen is still ascending...they gave the nod to Allen, as they probably should have...not sure what the big deal is, unless I’m missing something.

They gave the nod to Allen so that they can say “well we did pick Allen.” They raised the question of Allen or Trubisky so that they could get Bills fans to click on the link. They weren’t really debating it IMO. They were asking themselves “which QB can we compare to Josh Allen to get the most clicks?” They compared Allen to a guy that may very well be a backup QB from here on out. They didn’t pick a starter with some flaws. They picked the guy that is seemingly fighting for his NFL life. 

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pretty sure he’s a Chiefs fan.

I get that other team’s fans hang out here because our forum is much better than their team’s forums, but I’m not sure why they feel like talking constant smack about Josh Allen is the best way to ingratiate themselves to the locals.

I’ve always said about Allen that the people that have seen him the most like him the most. That’s encouraging to me. Bills fan’s (and players) perception of him is much is much higher than the talking heads. They see all of the little plays that he makes along the way that don’t necessary show up in a box score. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

He has improved. That is tangible. But he hasn’t proven himself to have totally ruled out going full Trubisky, Bortles, and 20 other QBs over the years.

He also hasn’t done anything to say he’ll step back like those guys did either. This is a bit of a what if year for him. By most metrics Josh is a bottom ranked QB. Because of that Bills fans have to take some criticism on the chin, it’s partially deserved. I don’t think it’s insulting, nor do I think (Hope) it’s permanent. 

Which ones?

23 minutes ago, Mango said:

100% agree with the bolded. That’s kind of my point. Why are we comparing the guy ascending, Allen, to the guy that has already taken a massive step back? It would have been a reasonable question a year ago at this time. Both appeared to be ascending with some questions. Why isn’t he being compared to another ascending player with flaws instead? My answer is because that doesn’t get as many clicks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They gave the nod to Allen so that they can say “well we did pick Allen.” They raised the question of Allen or Trubisky so that they could get Bills fans to click on the link. They weren’t really debating it IMO. They were asking themselves “which QB can we compare to Josh Allen to get the most clicks?” They compared Allen to a guy that may very well be a backup QB from here on out. They didn’t pick a starter with some flaws. They picked the guy that is seemingly fighting for his NFL life. 

I hear ya man...I guess I will have to defer to you because I don’t really follow PFF...

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya man...I guess I will have to defer to you because I don’t really follow PFF...

Darnold, Mayfield, Murray, or even guys like Jones and Haskins could have been accepted. They picked the guy at his floor and then asked the question. That’s my issue with it. They did that intentionally. It’s the same reason that they said Duck Hodges was better than Allen. It is Colin Cowherdish. They do things to get a reaction and clicks. They don’t do it for a real football conversation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:
This is a site that has admitted to trolling Bills fans for a reaction. I’m done with them at this point. I’m no longer feeding into their BS. Typically, I’m not overly sensitive when it comes to the Bills. They are just too much for me. I’m unfollowing them and encourage you to do the same. 

Not singling you out, Kirbs, but people need to stop creating threads with clicks to assclowns like this.

Same goes for the plagiarist "aggregators," who create a headline of their own, include a by line of their own, then proceed to "write" an article that begins with a couple of their own words, then says, "according to ESPN ...."

People need to start providing links to the sites that actually write the stuff.  They're the ones who deserve it.

And for hacks like PFF ... they deserve no clicks.  But every time someone creates a thread based on one of their articles, THEY WIN.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% agree with the bolded. That’s kind of my point. Why are we comparing the guy ascending, Allen, to the guy that has already taken a massive step back? It would have been a reasonable question a year ago at this time. Both appeared to be ascending with some questions. Why isn’t he being compared to another ascending player with flaws instead? My answer is because that doesn’t get as many clicks.

This is fair. I can get behind that. 

Maybe I am romanticizing the PFF of old. But it feels like not that long ago they made a name for themselves by collecting good data and releasing the broad level stuff to the public and making the more granular stuff paid for. Then have maybe an article behind the payroll breaking down metrics that point one way, the other, or both. 

They are slowly starting to lose me to, and gaining pace. Honestly, a twitter poll from ESPN asking “Will Josh Allen look more like 3rd year Favre or 3rd year Trubiski in his junior season?” Would be fine, because ESPN isn’t trying to present themselves as the football analytic bible. Also it’s a fair talking point on both sides. 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not singling you out, Kirbs, but people need to stop creating threads with clicks to assclowns like this.

Same goes for the plagiarist "aggregators," who create a headline of their own, include a by line of their own, then proceed to "write" an article that begins with a couple of their own words, then says, "according to ESPN ...."

People need to start providing links to the sites that actually write the stuff.  They're the ones who deserve it.

And for hacks like PFF ... they deserve no clicks.  But every time someone creates a thread based on one of their articles, THEY WIN.

I think that’s fair Gug. My reasoning was some level of growing frustration with them. It also felt like a bit of a “gotcha” moment. We complain about these sites a lot and this is kind of a living, breathing example of why. I really don’t want to give them attention either. It’s a bit of a catch 22

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s fair Gug. My reasoning was some level of growing frustration with them. It also felt like a bit of a “gotcha” moment. We complain about these sites a lot and this is kind of a living, breathing example of why. I really don’t want to give them attention either. It’s a bit of a catch 22

I totally get it.  We want to expose them for their BS, but in doing so, we're actually helping them.  

And when they write this kind of crap, they have one goal ... for Bills fans to share and share alike.  Every click is $$$$.

17 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Yet.  The best choice of words you have made.  Any of us who are happy to have Josh as a Bill think in those terms.  "Yet" implies there is more to come.  Something that could be great.

For sure.  This year is his time to prove it.  If he delivers, Buffalo is going to be a force in the AFC for a long time.  He’s got guts, and there’s something there.  That said, he’s got to get a lot better throwing the ball if he’s going to be anything more than a tease.  He’s fun to watch as a neutral observer because one minute he looks like a guy who has no business on a football field, an the next minute he’s winning a game that he seemingly had no business winning.  

You know you’re going to say “wow” about 10 times a game with him.  You just don’t know the context.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

For sure.  This year is his time to prove it.  If he delivers, Buffalo is going to be a force in the AFC for a long time.  He’s got guts, and there’s something there.  That said, he’s got to get a lot better throwing the ball if he’s going to be anything more than a tease.  He’s fun to watch as a neutral observer because one minute he looks like a guy who has no business on a football field, an the next minute he’s winning a game that he seemingly had no business winning.  

You know you’re going to say “wow” about 10 times a game with him.  You just don’t know the context.

No offense cause I know you are not a Bills fan but this does not describe Allen's game even a little.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our fanbase is the easiest to troll. If some guy living in a yurt in Mongolia makes a snide remark about the team, some poster here is going to make a thread about how outraged he feels. Our fans scour opposing teams' forums just looking for something to be offended by.  How dare they!

• Like (+1) 3

SDS has used scripts to remove links to such sites in past.  If TBD wants to make a stand they should do that and only have links to PFF to page calling their site crap in opinion pieces.  And try to get any players to say no I do not follow PFF, I have read that their reporting is crap.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

No offense cause I know you are not a Bills fan but this does not describe Allen's game even a little.

I’ve watched as many of his NFL games as you have.  I rewatched his games against the Ravens and Cowboys today on gamepass.  He was good against Dallas.  He was horrible against Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe it's me, but it often feels a lot like you don't want Alen to get to the next level.  You never miss an opportunity to remind folks that he's not yet an elite qb, and seem to go way out of your way to do it.  

Do I want him to? yes. Do I think he has the physical skill set to do so? Yes, and so did a lot of other failed QB’s. . If I had to put my mortgage On the line  as to whether he will pan out? no I don’t think he will. But that doesn’t mean I am rooting against him. I would love to be wrong. 

I weighted @Kirby Jackson point incorrectly. I took his biggest grievance as comparing Allen to Trubiski as being unfair in general. His biggest gripe is unnecessary click bait. Which I agree with, especially for a site that prides itself in analytics. We will have a better idea of which way Allen is trending after his third year and PFF chose to rule up fans with a catchy headline. 

Just now, Billl said:

I’ve watched as many of his NFL games as you have.  I rewatched his games against the Ravens and Cowboys today on gamepass.  He was good against Dallas.  He was horrible against Baltimore.

What game have the Bills won with Allen at QB that they had no business winning?  

He wasn't horrible against Baltimore lmao. That's a top defense playing lights out at the time...Allen was average. The offensive line was getting abused and he took some shots. Be honest...you didn't watch the game, you looked @his stat line and a couple highlights. 

• Thank you (+1) 1