PFF with the ultimate Bills troll job

The majority of us love Allen but there is some serious homerism going on here. The comparison isn't as offensive as some of you are making it seem. Trubisky had a pretty good second year but didn't improve in year 3. 

The PFF stuff I don't know much about except that Bills fans will only support analytics if they make the team look good and trash them if they don't. Maybe these guys are different with an axe to grind but that video on it's own is nothing to get upset about imo

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

:rolleyes:

it's like asking who's nicer, Mother Teresa or Jeffrey Dahmer.

After 2 seasons

QBa.  15-12 record, 56.3% completions, 30 TDs, 21 INTs, 5163 yards

QBb. 15-11 record, 62.7%, 31 TDs, 19 INTs, 5416 yards

Q) Which one do you want throwing the football for your team?

A) Neither

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My Twitter account is private too!! I’m not sure my couple hundred followers could move the needle anyways lol. That’s why I need you popular people!!

I am so old I remember when only birds tweeted ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I am so old I remember when only birds tweeted ;)

Ha ha, I’m in that weird “in between age” (38). I can tweet about it or put it on IG but have no idea where to find the Tik Tok and the Snapchat (if kids still use that).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

There are some parallels between their 2nd year progressions.  Following a close playoff loss, heading into the all important 3rd year and needing to demonstrate a higher level of QB play.

I might argue that Josh having a Trubisky like 3rd year would be the worst possible outcome for the 2020 season.  The Bills franchise in a return to QB purgatory puts everything else at risk.  The one big difference is that Josh has shown that he can do more to help his team win while he is putting his overall game together.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

After 2 seasons

QBa.  15-12 record, 56.3% completions, 30 TDs, 21 INTs, 5163 yards

QBb. 15-11 record, 62.7%, 31 TDs, 19 INTs, 5416 yards

Q) Which one do you want throwing the football for your team?

A) Neither

Eyeballs, my friend.

Eyeballs. 

I'll assume you're a Bills fan. Must be difficult rooting for your team all while not supporting your QB.

43 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The majority of us love Allen but there is some serious homerism going on here. The comparison isn't as offensive as some of you are making it seem. Trubisky had a pretty good second year but didn't improve in year 3. 

The PFF stuff I don't know much about except that Bills fans will only support analytics if they make the team look good and trash them if they don't. Maybe these guys are different with an axe to grind but that video on it's own is nothing to get upset about imo

They claimed that Duck Hodges was the better QB in the matchup vs. Allen. They then admitted to doing it to get Bills fans worked up. This isn’t some big conspiracy. It’s what they do.

Trubisky is terrible and was about to be replaced. He’s the guy that people make jokes about. Allen is an ascending QB that most believe is about to be really good. A year ago this would have been a reasonable conversation. It wouldn’t have been antagonistic though so it wasn’t on there. The question is, “would you rather have the career of a guy about to lose his job to Nick Foles, that didn’t have his 5th year option picked up, that will be a backup next year or Josh Allen?” If they asked Darnold or Allen, cool. Even if they asked Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins at least you could argue that they are still ascending. They purposely used the guy that people think the lowest of to get under people’s skin. It worked with me and I’m typically not too sensitive. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Eyeballs, my friend.

Eyeballs. 

I'll assume you're a Bills fan. Must be difficult rooting for your team all while not supporting your QB.

I was thinking the same.  Maybe he should shop for a new team to follow.  One with a fully developed QB whose teams never win much.  Stafford, Ryan, Rivers types who are good enough to get their coaches fired every couple of years.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They admitted to fabricating the whole [ fill in blank ] thing for a reaction. They are just bored and looking for reactable content 

Fo shizzle.   Sounds like 80% of TSW posts to me...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They claimed that Duck Hodges was the better QB in the matchup vs. Allen. They then admitted to doing it to get Bills fans worked up. This isn’t some big conspiracy. It’s what they do.

Trubisky is terrible and was about to be replaced. He’s the guy that people make jokes about. Allen is an ascending QB that most believe is about to be really good. A year ago this would have been a reasonable conversation. It wouldn’t have been antagonistic though so it wasn’t on there. The question is, “would you rather have the career of a guy about to lose his job to Nick Foles, that didn’t have his 5th year option picked up, that will be a backup next year or Josh Allen?” IG they asked Darnold or Allen, cool. Even if they asked Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins at least you could argue that they are still ascending. They purposely used the guy that people think the lowest of to get under people’s skin. It worked with me and I’m typically not too sensitive. 

Do most people believe Allen is going to be good though? Or just most Bills fans? I like Allen. He's got all the arm talent in the world and seems like a good dude. But I'm not completely sold on him yet. I hope he becomes all we think he can be. But he's still got a ways to go.

As for PFF, if they're really just trying to get a rise out of fans, best to not give them what they want. 

• Like (+1) 2

PFF is a hack outfit, as we all know they grade on stuff that doesn’t  actually  happen. It not nice to say, but I hope they all get the runs. 

oh, and stop clicking on their stuff, the don’t deserve your patronage. 

25 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t think they’re saying he’s replaceable, I thing their draft said they grasp the fact that he’s aging and is expensive. 

Their are limits from the business side in the NFL and those effect how teams move forward from a personnel perspective. 

Well they just locked Rodgers down for 4 more years at crazy guaranteed money. They were a game away from a Super bowl and they traded up in the first round to address the position where the MVP of their team is currently playing.

The pick was silly and I'd be furious if I was a fan of the packers. I get team building, Like I could try to understand if your guy fell to you even, but attacking and moving up in the first round when your Franchise QBs contract has 4 more years is ludicrous. 2-3 years too early IMO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

While the OP may be right about PFF attitudes about Josh Allen, after listening to the clip, I can’t say I disagree...

Both QBs had similar production their sophomore years...however Trubisky had a down year in his third season and Allen is still ascending...they gave the nod to Allen, as they probably should have...not sure what the big deal is, unless I’m missing something.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Eyeballs, my friend.

Eyeballs. 

He's not. He's a Chief's fan who isn't satisfied with a Super Bowl and Mahomes. He wants to come here and troll folks who are optimistic about Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Eyeballs, my friend.

Eyeballs. 

Pretty sure he’s a Chiefs fan.

I get that other team’s fans hang out here because our forum is much better than their team’s forums, but I’m not sure why they feel like talking constant smack about Josh Allen is the best way to ingratiate themselves to the locals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It seems as though you and I are watching different games.

Perhaps segregating them would help you see the improvement (R year pre and post injury, compared with year two is a good place to start). That serves as three data points. 

I don’t think they’re saying he’s replaceable, I thing their draft said they grasp the fact that he’s aging and is expensive. 

Their are limits from the business side in the NFL and those effect how teams move forward from a personnel perspective. 

Unsure I’ve explained myself well. 

He has improved. That is tangible. But he hasn’t proven himself to have totally ruled out going full Trubisky, Bortles, and 20 other QBs over the years.

He also hasn’t done anything to say he’ll step back like those guys did either. This is a bit of a what if year for him. By most metrics Josh is a bottom ranked QB. Because of that Bills fans have to take some criticism on the chin, it’s partially deserved. I don’t think it’s insulting, nor do I think (Hope) it’s permanent. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While the OP may be right about PFF attitudes about Josh Allen, after listening to the clip, I can’t say I disagree...

Both QBs had similar production their sophomore years...however Trubisky had a down year and Allen is still ascending...they gave the nod to Allen, as they probably should have...not sure what the big deal is, unless I’m missing something.

It seems to be that the question was even asked.  Darnold or Mayfield could have been the comparison.  They are in a similar place.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pretty sure he’s a Chiefs fan.

I get that other team’s fans hang out here because our forum is much better than their team’s forums, but I’m not sure why they feel like talking constant smack about Josh Allen is the best way to ingratiate themselves to the locals.

I am a Chiefs fan.  I also follow the Bills.  They’re a really good team with a QB who isn’t very good yet.

• Like (+1) 1