ESPN now: Bills at Patriots Sept 14, 2009

Monday (5/11/20) on ESPN.  8pm eastern

So, ESPN is showing the season opener of the 2009 season right now...Bills at Patriots.  Relive the heartbreak!  Relive Trent Edwards, Terrell Owens....Leodis McKelvin!  

• Sad 1

Thanks for the info, but I think one Jauron/Edwards Monday Night debacle was enough for me. I should pass, but actually just tuned in for a short time. I forgot we ever tried a Trent Edwards led no huddle offense. That’s hilarious. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Man, in retrospect, it’s obvious Pats have had better players for years.  Edwards v Brady no contest.  Wolford is all world.  Who we got?  No bueno.  Go Bills!!

But they put up a great fight in this game.  Just kinda fun seeing some of the old players, knowing they can't hurt me again!  Freddie Jackson! Defense played great.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember being so jacked up for this game, I took Monday and Tuesday off from work...on Monday afternoon, I went out and purchased my first (and only) High Def Tv...they were considerably more expensive in 2009.

Is there any repeat they could show that isn't some sort of heartbreak?

Even the blowout of the Raiders in the AFCCG would remind me that we lost the SB.

It bums me out how much I believed in Edwards at this point in time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ah..it is what it is.  It is part of our history.... when we finally do win something, it is going to feel that much better.

Thing that strikes me, watching this game from 11 years ago, is how many of these players I just forgot about.  I can remember most every detail of the early 80's Bills, and the Super Bowl era teams...right up through Flutie...but this whole century is just mostly a blur.  Not to say it didn't have some fun times...just not enough.  Going in to every season, more often than not, I thought we had a chance of shutting some people up....in the end it was me! 

• Like (+1) 1

• Buftex changed the title to ESPN now: Bills at Patriots Sept 14, 2009
3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I can’t believe I’m watching this. 

What else are you going to do on a Monday night in May, when the world is shut down, and there are no sports on tv?

This does remind me, as if I needed it, how much I hated Dick Jauron!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

I can’t believe I’m watching this. 

I equate it to the occasional viewing of Jerry Springer, or some other show that reminds you of how good you actually have it now. Only thing is the poor schmoes whose misery we are reveling in is us - 11 years ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

Lee Evans had such incredible speed, and was a playmaker. The thing is, he rarely made catches in traffic where he couldn’t use his speed. Seemed like he got taken out of quite a few games for a number one WR. On the flip side, I really forgot how good Schobel could be. I didn’t appreciate him at the time, but he was good player. 

Man, no one should dominate a team for as long as the Pats have the Bills.

They just showed a quick clip of that Lawyer Malloy game.  That was literally a lifetime ago.  I've done a gazillion things since then.

This hasn't been a healthy experience, sports fandom-wise.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Man, no one should dominate a team for as long as the Pats have the Bills.

They just showed a quick clip of that Lawyer Malloy game.  That was literally a lifetime ago.  I've done a gazillion things since then.

This hasn't been a healthy experience, sports fandom-wise.

Earlier in the broadcast, Gruden mentions that the Bills had lost 11 of their last 12 games to the Pats....you know that was a long time ago! Growing up, for me, it was the Dolphins that dominated us...