Bills only AFCE Team not to request back to back west coast games

When I traveled to the west coast going that way was much easier than coming home. Pushing my schedule back 3 hours was simply going to bed a little later one night,coming back was 3 days of moving the bed time an hour each day. So for Bills going West each time is not as bad.

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I heard Beane on OBL (I think it was) say that the analytics show it's better to go home and back. Interesting that the Bills' assessment differs from other teams.

Must be something about them feeling that maintaining the “normal” weekly plan as close as possible is important. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

When I traveled to the west coast going that way was much easier than coming home. Pushing my schedule back 3 hours was simply going to bed a little later one night,coming back was 3 days of moving the bed time an hour each day. So for Bills going West each time is not as bad.

I commuted coast to coast for a few months and it wasn't that hard.  I'd much rather fly twice than have to spend the week in a hotel away from home.

• Like (+1) 5

I think its better to come home so hurt/ injured players can receive treatment.

I also think sleeping in your own bed for a week is better than sleeping in a hotel room.

I travelled a lot on business trips in the 80's and 90's and couldn't wait to get home to sleep in my own bed.

Like Buffalo Timmy said going East to West is a lot easier to adjust to. 

• Like (+1) 3

I think the decision was directly tied to our multi-million dollar training facility to help the players recover and receive treatment.  Ten to 14 days without access to your state of the art treatment facilities could put you in a huge hole for the rest of the season.  Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I heard Beane on OBL (I think it was) say that the analytics show it's better to go home and back. Interesting that the Bills' assessment differs from other teams.

Our boys playing 3D chess, the rest playing checkers.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t quite understand it, but if Beane did the math, I trust him on going back and forth.  It’s not like they are flying commercial or have a stop.  They also don’t necessarily have red eye flights which for me is the worst with corporate travel.  My home office and was in Mgmt for years was in CA for two companies.  Bottom line is I can’t sleep on planes so I’m worthless the next day.  If you’re on a private jet, non stop, a five hour flight at most, and in you’re own bed makes sense to me.  Staying in a hotel for over a week sucks not to mention, most players feel like they were in car crash each week so that makes it worse.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I mean - you're there for a few days - i don't see the need to stay there for 2 weeks to play in vegas and then in arizona.  

Vegas is a 6 hour flight, and I probably want to travel on friday - do my walk through early saturday and then lock them in their rooms lol.  Catch a late flight home sunday night and take monday off.  Back at it on Tuesday.