Who has the most dangerous defense in the AFC? GMFB

NY Jets.  A bunch of thugs whose coordinator was implicated in a previous 'pay for harm' scheme.  The head coach abuses ammonia inhalers.  The owners are clueless buffoons.

Darn right they're dangerous.  I have no idea how capable their defensive play is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

I mean NE had... fewest points allowed, fewest yards allowed, 2nd most takeaways, scored 5 TDs, and had a safety.  

I see where the Pittsburgh argument comes in though - they were pretty beast last year. 

The patriots 3rd down number last year was insanely good though.  Between that, and the really small amount of RZ possessions - they were really hard to score points against.  Hence the lowest PA in the NFL by a huge margin.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

It would have to be Baltimore's defense, easily.  We should not be too far behind in AFC defensive rankings.

We actually finished ranked ahead of them and I believe we have improved.

We may have had an easier schedule last season but where was our offense.

Define dangerous?     Takeaways?   Not the Bills.      Sacks?    Not the Bills.      Most feared players?     Not the Bills.

Define efficient/effective/playoff calibre:   The Bills have to be in the top 3 in the AFC in that discussion.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Chiefs? Really? :blink:

They were actually pretty good down the stretch last year. Only allowed >20 points once in their last 5 games of the regular season. They also were top 5 in INT's.

I don't agree with them being the best defense in the AFC but they are underrated.

11 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The Ravens added two ILB’s and a great DE in Campbell. I think their defense got better than ours this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Define dangerous?     Takeaways?   Not the Bills.      Sacks?    Not the Bills.      Most feared players?     Not the Bills.

Define efficient/effective/playoff calibre:   The Bills have to be in the top 3 in the AFC in that discussion.

agreed

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They were actually pretty good down the stretch last year. Only allowed >20 points once in their last 5 games of the regular season. They also were top 5 in INT's.

I don't agree with them being the best defense in the AFC but they are underrated.

The Ravens added two ILB’s and a great DE in Campbell. I think their defense got better than ours this offseason.

Yes, the Chiefs stepped up and played better late in the season. I just don't see them as the most dangerous defense in the AFC.

I don’t know, the word “dangerous” to me doesn’t really mean “best”. Like, a fighter is “dangerous” not because he’s the best, but because he’s got certain ability that can, if the stars align, instantly change the course of a fight against anyone, any time, anywhere.

To me, “dangerous” abilities for a defense are things like getting sacks and forcing turnovers. Things that can change the course of a game instantly. The Bills don’t do either at a super elite level.

I think the Bills are better described as a “methodical” defense. they play a more slow-burn, suffocating style in my opinion.

I’d call the Steelers more “dangerous”.

• Like (+1) 4

Our defense is just, simply put, good. They play together well as a unit and trust the system. Hughes gets pressure, but he's not going to scare opposing offenses. Oliver has a real chance to be a difference maker, but we have to see what kind of step forward he takes. Having Harry back will help. We added some really quality pieces in Richardson and Addison. We drafted Epenesa. Our #2 CB position is still up in the air, but we know what we have in Tre, Poyer, and Hyde. Are we dangerous? Possibly, but we are good from top to bottom. We are a dangerous team when you combine our defense with our offense though. 

28 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Ravens played the AFCW (Chiefs) and NFCW and beat all the NFCW teams while losing to the Chiefs.  Their 2019 schedule was much tougher than ours.

I do think we improved via FA and draft.  Just have to translate that to the field.

• Like (+1) 1