Every state’s favorite NFL team based on fans' hashtag usage

11 teams represented; all of them made the playoffs last year.

NFL fans are fickle beasts 

Also, this can’t be correct. Because every time the Steelers make a run, every person on the planet trips over themselves to tell you that “yeah, my main team is _______, but everyone knows that I’ve always been a Steelers fan”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

this is more accurate 

fb_nfl_fandom.jpg

Would you be a civic minded individual and send this over to the Gang Green message board, especially the explanatory information?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

11 teams represented; all of them made the playoffs last year.

NFL fans are fickle beasts 

Also, this can’t be correct. Because every time the Steelers make a run, every person on the planet trips over themselves to tell you that “yeah, my main team is _______, but everyone knows that I’ve always been a Steelers fan”

In reading the comments, the data was taken during the playoffs, which explains the lack of steelers and cowboys

So the carolina tweets were probably panthers fans wishing they had McBeane lol

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

LOL

I'd bet the Giants area is much less than shown. the Bills red is slowly creeping east

Probably, given that it's from 2014.  I'm surprised that the Giants footprint extends so far up into the North Country.  I don't see a lot of license plate rims and other Giants memorabilia up here.

Definitely a lot of Giants fans in the Mohawk Valley.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Would you be a civic minded individual and send this over to the Gang Green message board, especially the explanatory information?  ?

Include this closeup if they can't figure it our on their own...

1696262683_Jestsarebad.thumb.jpg.c7692025ae83ecbfe9c1dc880da24e78.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

FWIW, we reached out to Today in Sports because this didn't make that much sense to us, either. 

One key point, from what we were told, this uses geotags paired with various hashtags. Among the hashtags are negative things about a team. So if Dolphins or Broncos fans in their respective states were using #Bills in a post about how the Bills stink, that counts too for Florida and Colorado. To say this is "favorite" teams seems wrong. It's more like "most talked about" teams, at least that's our view. 

Josh from TBN Sports 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

LMAO at Florida that the Bills are the favorite even though they have 3 teams there...

LMAO at ignoring the parts about it being the playoff teams of which there wasn't a lot of Florida representation...