Transit Drive In may show evening Bills games for free

On 5/11/2020 at 6:35 PM, nucci said:

I get it in theory but in December sitting in your car?

Is it really any different than getting to a game at 9am in December to tailgate outside for 4 hours before going inside to sit around for another 3 hours?

There will be grills, fire barrels, flaming tables, etc. along with lots of alcohol that will keep the people from sitting in their cars for 3 hours.

I honestly think it's a really cool idea.  Similar to when the sabres would have the game on outside of the arena back in 06-07 when they had their presidents cup run.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

...There will be grills, fire barrels, flaming tables, etc. along with lots of alcohol that will keep the people from sitting in their cars for 3 hours.

First off, there is almost no chance the NFL gives them permission to show the games.

...and if by some miracle they do get to show the games, there is no way the drive-in is allowing any of the above...outside of alcohol you bring in. 

Edited by LabattBlue

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

First off, there is almost no chance the NFL gives them permission to show the games.

...and if by some miracle they do get to show the games, there is no way the drive-in is allowing any of the above...outside of alcohol you bring in. 

The NFL had an agreement to show games at movie theatres here (Canada) for the last few years 

So it's not unheard of, and if we're not able to be in the stands I suspect the NFL will be open to ideas that generate revenue and give them fan footage to use during broadcasts 

Edited by driddles

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The NFL never allowed black box cable either but it still happened. 

As for the latter, I can only assume the NFL has no jurisdiction over local businesses the same as New Era field. 

They will tolerate what they want to. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:08 PM, LabattBlue said:

The last time they did it, in 2014, you were able to bring in Alcohol. It was fun, but the game started at 4:05, so you really couldnt see anything until about 4:30. Other then that, i would totally do it again. I also realized that my basic car audio system, sounded better then my home tv.

Edited by wagon127