Transit Drive In may show evening Bills games for free

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Transit Drive In got really popular over the last decade or so, and now they run the lot like the Gestapo.

“YOU VILL PAKK VERE VE TELL YOU!!”

I remember when I was a teenager and my dad would take my sister and I, he’d tell me to crouch down in my seat a little to make it appear like I was 12 (and hence could get in for either very cheap or free) ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

assuming some legality would prevent this without permission from the NFL

12/4/19 - NFL shuts down Packers games on the big screen at De Pere Cinema

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2019/12/04/nfl-tells-de-pere-cinema-can-no-longer-show-green-bay-packers-games-due-copyright-laws/2608866001/

“We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be able to show the Packer games. We have received notice from the NFL that under their copyright laws we do not qualify to show their games even though we do not charge admission.

Edited by papazoid

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I remember when I was a teenager and my dad would take my sister and I, he’d tell me to crouch down in my seat a little to make it appear like I was 12 (and hence could get in for either very cheap or free) ?

Ha, I had the same type of dad growing up. I mean I still do, he still hates paying full price for anything lol.

My little brother was the go-to for the “kid price” racket. My little sister was too much of a loudmouth to pull it off...”BUT I’M NOT FIVE I’M SEVEN!!”

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

The NFL would love for something like this to happen if there are no fans allowed in the stands.  The PR would be great for them and the sport.  They are greedy, not stupid.  

If the drive in wants to pay for the rights I'm sure they can come to an agreement. They aren't going to just let them do it though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nucci said:

why not just watch at home?

Its tailgating ish, with fellow fans,  food and drink, it’s a fest. 

I went there to watch a 4:25 broncos game once. You missed most of the 1st quarter, cause it wasnt dark enough. Something to keep in mind. If the stadium is closed to fans, id go for the chiefs game. Should be comfortable temperatures.

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Why don't NFL teams just do this in the parking lots  of home stadiums and charge a small entry fee? 

They could even sell concessions and have carhops deliver them to vehicles. People could order and pay using an app. 

When the home team scores everyone could honk horns and yell out the windows to celebrate. I'm sure people would be creative. 

Everyone stays in their vehicles, so it's socially distanced. 

Even better, sell "drive in tickets" and "stadium tickets." Stadium tickets normal price, parking lot tickets vastly reduced price. 

Stadium can have 20% of capacity spread out. Plus the parking lot tickets of say 5,000 or so cars (each with multiple people probably) and you're already in the neighborhood of a crowd for a Chargers game anyway!

I like the idea.  I suggested something similar yesterday and got torn a new one and the thread was locked. ?

This would be a fun atmosphere to watch a game will fellow fans.  In fact it would be smart for the NFL to get in on these type venues nation wide for keeping fans involved with the teams during the pandemic, “ Official Bills game venue” social distancing included ??

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I get it in theory but in December sitting in your car?

No wind, and a heater, ??

21 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

You know that little tidbit they put in every broadcast about re-broadcasting being expressly prohibited without written consent from the NFL? This is what that's about.  This would be re-broadcasting.  Even if you let people in for free.  They need permission from the league to do it and that sort of permission isn't free.

Then along comes Debbie downer?

17 hours ago, papazoid said:

if it isn't safe or wise to gather inside the stadium.....why is it safe or wise to gather at a drive-in or parking lot ?

In the stadium you are forced shoulder to shoulder.  In a space like this you can stay separate and still enjoy cheering and the game.   As for December?  Whats the difference if you tailgate in OP or at the drive-in and then go to your metal seats or sit on a folding chair with the option to jump in your car at any time and warm up while still hearing the broadcast and watching the game?  

• Like (+1) 1