What would be the absolute best season you could hope for?

Major: The Bills do what they are capable of doing: winning the division and at least one playoff game.

Minor: The NFL, after seeing the success of the draft, embraces "less is more" in it's programming.

• Like (+1) 1

Super Bowl Win!!!

Josh hold serve on last years stats with the exception of connecting on 50% of the long ball misses.

The rookie RB gives us the best 1-2 punch in  the league coupled with incremental improvement by the O line.

The D gets 10 more take aways over last year. 
    The Run D is shored you.

We don’t have a lot of injuries.

THE WINDOW IS OPEN!!!

It would be a magical season but it is completely within the realm of likely outcomes.

Bills defense continues its excellent play and the offense and especially Josh Allen take another big step.  IF Allen can consistently hit the deep ball this year or at least do it on an average basis, the Bills offense will have LOTS of potential because teams will have to respect his ability to beat them vertically, especially with Diggs and Brown opposite each other.  This will give lots of room underneath to Knox, Beasley and Singletary/Moss and allow for much more running room as well for Allen and Singletray/Moss.  

So best case scenario is defense stays relatively the same while the offense goes from 19.6 points per game to around 24 or 25 points per game.  If this happens, the sky is the limit for this team.  More likely I see something like the defense stays roughly the same and the offense goes to around 22-23 points per game.

Well, winning the division would be nice, but what would be really special,  we win the division and go deep into the post season, while watching both Bill and Tom get their aszes handed to them all season long, and neither making it into the playoffs. Now that would be an awesome season! 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Ugh what a sad and pathetic thread. Yes let’s focus on the bucs failing instead of the Bills. You’re sick OP. Or maybe just bored. Either/or, please stop.

So, wait a second- I want to get this straight:

I’m “sick” because I made a thread in which I stated that winning a Super Bowl would be an amazing feat, but there would be a few caveats that would make it even sweeter, and that one of which is the Bills beating Tom Brady in the SB? Something we could never have done before because he was a division rival? I can’t celebrate the separation between one of the strongest coach/QB combos in NFL history by hoping maybe they aren’t better than the sum of their parts?

The thread is “sad and pathetic” because of hypothetical situations in which the Bills could enact some long overdue revenge on former rivals? Where we could carve out some statement wins against some of the best in the league?

Giselle, I’m not sure why you’re on a Bills board, but you can scroll past a topic if you don’t like it. 

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

No 300 yard game in your wish list ?

I hope he throws for 299 yards each game just to drive people nuts. That’s over 4,700 yards in a standard season :D 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Bills defense continues its excellent play and the offense and especially Josh Allen take another big step.  IF Allen can consistently hit the deep ball this year or at least do it on an average basis, the Bills offense will have LOTS of potential because teams will have to respect his ability to beat them vertically, especially with Diggs and Brown opposite each other.  This will give lots of room underneath to Knox, Beasley and Singletary/Moss and allow for much more running room as well for Allen and Singletray/Moss.  

I think the Bills may try to overload one side of offense with Diggs and Brown on same side of field. This forces teams to put best two CBs on one side of field leaving more openings for Josh on opposite side of field with RBs, TEs and other WRs.  If they don't then it will give more opportunities for Diggs and Brown.

We beat everyone in the AFC East......twice

Our season doesnt end until the very last game.......and finally after years of what could have been in 4 straight....this time we win

Team stays relatively healthy

Josh continues his progression.....and starts hitting most of those deep throws

Diggs works out

The rookies show they have promise

We give Beane and McD new deals

More realistically, 10 wins is the most that I can imagine. I'd say 10 wins and 1 wild card playoff win would be considerable accomplishment with our schedule. 8 or 9 wins and 0 playoff wins is more realistic. My greatest desire would be to see Josh Allen in the top 10 NFL starting QB's in Passing Efficiency, but that is very doubtful. If it did happen, we could win 12 games. Add a lockdown corner and shore up our OL to that wish list and we're a serious threat to go all the way.

Edited by GreggTX

1. Brady benched week 8.  Back-up leads Bucs to playoffs.  Bucs still have to pay Brady for remainder of season and next year. 
  2. Pats win one less game than needed to make playoffs.  Get mediocre draft choice. 
  3. Bills win Super Bowl
  4. Stress forces Belicheck to retire.
  5. No virus 

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

More realistically, 10 wins is the most that I can imagine. I'd say 10 wins and 1 wild card playoff win would be considerable accomplishment with our schedule. 8 or 9 wins and 0 playoff wins is more realistic. My greatest desire would be to see Josh Allen in the top 10 NFL starting QB's in Passing Efficiency, but that is very doubtful. If it did happen, we could win 12 games. Add a lockdown corner and shore up our OL to that wish list and we're a serious threat to go all the way.

10 wins is all you can imagine when we are going to be favored in at least 11? 

• Like (+1) 1

We sign Fred Jackson prior to the season to be our 3rd Rb.  

motor and moss both get hurt week 1 and Fred rushes for 2000+ yards while going undefeated, winning the league MVP and super bowl mvp as we route the Bucs 78-0.  He then retires.

• Haha (+1) 2