What would be the absolute best season you could hope for?

Obviously a Super Bowl victory is the goal, and no matter what way it happens it would be an amazing feeling. That being said, there’s a few elements that would make it an amazing season in my eyes. I’m going to skip over the “going 19-0” option because it’s too obvious. Here’s what would make it the best season for me:

1. Winning the division for the first time in ages

2. Sweeping the division, but specifically the Pats

3. The Pats missing the playoffs entirely

4a. Beating the Bucs in the SB, to lift and definitively end the shadow of Brady

4b. The bucks not even making the playoffs despite the offseason additions / Brady finally showing his age

5. If the Bucs are out of the SB, taking out either the Giants, Cowboys, or Redskins in the SB- get that monkey off our back and a small taste of revenge

6. Beating KC in primetime and/or the playoffs

7. JA throwing for 4K yards or just to shut up the naysayers. This is low on my list of priorities but I know some people will whine and complain and doubt him until he does. Whatever- winning is all that matters.

That about does it for me. What stipulation would make the season that much sweeter to you?

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 1

Not really too concerned about what other teams do...including Pats, Bucs, Jets etc....

As you said, the Championship should be the goal this year... probably the first time that would honestly be the case in 20 years..

Does that mean it will be a bad/disappointing season if they don't get the trophy?

No.... but I need to see it first and then decide at the end of the season...

I’d prefer the team to lay low similar to last year. I’m of course hoping for Allen to continue his growth but nothing would break my heart than a similar season to Baltimore last year. 
Dominating the season and having an mvp quarterback and choking away the playoff game. I’d rather a 10-6 no media hype team that can work their butts off to get into the Super Bowl 

47 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not really too concerned about what other teams do...including Pats, Bucs, Jets etc....

As you said, the Championship should be the goal this year... probably the first time that would honestly be the case in 20 years..

Does that mean it will be a bad/disappointing season if they don't get the trophy?

No.... but I need to see it first and then decide at the end of the season...

I like that fans are confident and people are talking championship. Certainly shows how far this team has come.

But we haven't even won a playoff game since 1995. Yeah, a championship is and should be the goal. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Allen still has a long way to go and I want to see this team win a playoff game or two before I REALLY believe they can contend for a championship.

I mean, look at the Saints. They have one of the best QB's ever. They've been a dominant team for years now. They can't even get there. They've gotten close, but haven't done it (obviously they won a super bowl a decade ago, but I'm talking their more recent resurgence).

So here's hoping they do make it to the Superbowl, but I want to see them win the division and win a playoff game first.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't want the Bucs in the Superbowl. I want them to go 2-14 and to have Brady retire in shame!

I’m tore on this thought. Part of me agrees, but another part of me wants Brady to tear it up, showing it was more him than Belichick. Brady is gone, Belichick isn’t. I'd much rather have it have been Brady being the main reason for NEs success 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan5121 said:

I’m tore on this thought. Part of me agrees, but another part of me wants Brady to tear it up, showing it was more him than Belichick. Brady is gone, Belichick isn’t. I'd much rather have it have been Brady being the main reason for NEs success 

I'm fine with both of them crumbling.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

5121, I’m with you.  I mentioned once before, but if Brady goes 12-4, and BB coaches to 6-10, he has nothing to say other than he needed Brady for all of those wins.  I am biased living in Tampa as I want to see the Bucs relevant again, and I love BA.  I always choose the Bills over the Bucs, but they are in different conferences.  People down here would be so elated to see the Bucs in the playoffs again.

Win the division, win in the playoffs and I’m a happy man.  I won’t even begin to talk about the SB yet.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I like that fans are confident and people are talking championship. Certainly shows how far this team has come.

But we haven't even won a playoff game since 1995. Yeah, a championship is and should be the goal. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Allen still has a long way to go and I want to see this team win a playoff game or two before I REALLY believe they can contend for a championship.

I mean, look at the Saints. They have one of the best QB's ever. They've been a dominant team for years now. They can't even get there. They've gotten close, but haven't done it (obviously they won a super bowl a decade ago, but I'm talking their more recent resurgence).

So here's hoping they do make it to the Superbowl, but I want to see them win the division and win a playoff game first.

Like I said it’s the goal, but if it’s not achieved then it doesn’t necessarily mean the season is a failure..

By the same token, they could win a playoff game but still end up having a disappointing year...( in my view) 

Progress/success  need not happen in small increments..

The demise ( hopefully) of the Patriots really opens things up for the Bills..

The Patriots suck, but win enough to keep them out of the 1st draft pick convo. 

Everyone follows our model of defense against the Ravens and they dramatically fall back to earth. 

We beat the Texans in our 1st playoff game in our house in over 2 decades (a little sweet revenge), then at least make it to the AFC Title game. 

The best possible outcome of course is our team hoisting the Lombardi next February and I hope it comes at the expense of Tom Brady's Bucs. 

Bills win the division

Allen's completion % is above 60

Allen throws at least two 300-yard-games (to shut people up)

Allen fumbles 8 times or less

Turnover differential of 10 or more

Bucs get their asses handed to them in every primetime game they play

Mayfield has another crappy year and continues to say stupid ***** after losses

• Like (+1) 2

Obviously winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal but for me I would like to see

Games starting in September and fans packing the stadium ( I know this may be unrealistic but for now I hope this happens)

Bills win the division.

Smack the Jets twice. I live in NJ so I deal with Jets fans (family members, friends, co-workers) so sweeping them is always nice for me.

Bills playoff game at New Era.

Bills need to win in the playoffs. Going one and done isn't acceptable anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

• Bills won the division at 12-4

• Allen has a 66% completion rate along with 4,200 yards.

• Stefon Diggs catches 100 passes

• Bills have a top 5 defense

• Zack Moss turns out to be a better RB than Motor.

• Bills have the #1 rated rushing offense.

• Allen throws for 28 TDS to 10 INTS