Jets' fans complaining about Bills' media exposure

8 hours ago, folz said:

I live in NYC and have been going to the Bills/Jets games in the Meadowlands almost every year since the 90s. I'll agree with you that the average Jets fan isn't as knowledgeable as the average Bills fan (about their team---as we are about ours, or football in general), and there is obviously no fan base that compares to Buffalo's in my opinion. But you say...

"fans are aggressive and mouthy until the wheels come off" First of all, that sounds like most fans. Also, New Yorkers just have a very direct (sometimes loud) way of interacting that some may feel aggressive and off putting at first, if you're not used to it, but it's just how people have learned to interact in the City. They are not as obnoxious as they may first appear to someone from the outside. They're good folks.

"That's when they switch over to blaming the refs and making other excuses."  I don't know, that sounds like you're talking about Bills fans (myself included), or fans of any team that has been bad for a while, or doesn't get the love from the league/media/refs (like the Bills and Jets). We're actually not that unalike in what we have suffered through. I have actually bonded with tons of Jets fans over our mutual hatred of the Patriots. Plus, the Jets fans are as loyal to their team through all of the hard times as Bills fans have been, probably due to the Jets being the more blue-collar, younger brother to the Giants. It's like a badge of honor/pride for them. Most of the Giants fans come from New Jersey, Long Island, upstate New York, Connecticut, and even Pennsylvania. Jets fans mostly come from New York City. The Jets are not a regional team like the Patriots and Giants, they are the New York City team. Their fans understand hard work, they understand disappointment, they understand being overlooked (not unlike our fanbase---they maybe just express it a bit differently?).

But, honestly, I have never had a bad experience with Jets fans in almost 25 years...and believe me, I go to the games in full Bills regalia and cheer loudly. There is always a lot of good-natured taunting and ribbing (you just have to give it back to them without any anger or aggressiveness behind it); and even when the Jets lose, I've never had an issue with any of them. It's always kind of, "we're still better even though we didn't win this one," "good game...we'll get you next time," or "Bills suck." And you just laugh it off. 

And speaking of leaving in the 4th quarter...you think getting out of the parking lots at New Era field is bad? Try taking public transportation in the largest city in the country to and from the game with 70,000 other people at the exact same time. I do it every time I go and I'm telling you, it's not pretty, and it's a long time before you are getting home. Longer than getting out of the New Era parking lots and driving back to Rochester. I still don't leave in the 4th quarter, but I can understand why people do if they think the outcome is decided.

Maybe your experience was different and you had some jerks ruin it for you (every fanbase has some of those), but I definitely wouldn't paint all Jets fans in a bad light. Sure it is a different experience than a lot of other venues, because New York City is a very different place than a lot of other NFL cities. But Jets fans have always been cool with me. 

My experience with Jest's fans has been formed over multiple years.  I'm glad you found some nice people but my experiences have not been like that at all.

Good, glad to see they are whimpering, the football world is waking up and seeing the only NewYork football team, and it’s in Buffalo! 

Go Bills!!!