Jets' fans complaining about Bills' media exposure

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They earned it with great primetime ratings and a QB who's very must watch TV. 

The "can't complete a pass" crowd is getting old.

Yeah, I agree. Darnold completes more passes to the other team than Allen, but I guess that's ok

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm not with you there at all. They got a new GM who seems to have a clue and that's not good for us. Giving Darnold protection and better weapons is not something we want to see, Gase or no as HC. They are not a .500 or below team as of now, far from it, and they will probably hand us a loss. Do not be remotely fooled into thinking that the Jets are anything other than competitive rivals who will be a pain in our side for the next decade.

Agree 100%

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They earned it with great primetime ratings and a QB who's very must watch TV. 

The "can't complete a pass" crowd is getting old.

I've read a ton of posts from other fans that are very similar to this: "I thought Josh Allen sucked, but I watched that Cowboys game and he's actually pretty good." (Not always the Cowboys game in particular, but insert whatever random Bills game they happened to watch last year)

I think a lot of fans of other teams, once they watch him, realize that Josh Allen is exciting to watch and much better than people thought.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm not with you there at all. They got a new GM who seems to have a clue and that's not good for us. Giving Darnold protection and better weapons is not something we want to see, Gase or no as HC. They are not a .500 or below team as of now, far from it, and they will probably hand us a loss. Do not be remotely fooled into thinking that the Jets are anything other than competitive rivals who will be a pain in our side for the next decade.

Gase being HC is all I need to see.

I do believe that Allen and Darnold are this era's Marino and Kelly (except Allen and Darnold aren't a-holes and one or both of them will actually win a Super Bowl).  But as long as Gase is there, I don't fear this team one bit.  They are a dumpster fire until he leaves.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If you watched Perriman in the Bucs games in December, you'd see that the Jets made a very smart decision by signing him.

I was really hoping they would draft defense heavy as they have before, but they did not.

So long as Darnold is their starting QB, we must assume they are capable of giving us trouble.

Although the Jets won't be a playoff team (which we both agree, obviously) they still have enough juice to compete and it's not going to be easy to play them. I'm not as hard on Gase as you are, so we'll see what happens... but if the team chemistry starts unraveling as bad as it did in Miami, then yeah he's toast.

Perriman has bounced around for a reason.  5 or 6 games in the last half of a season isn't anything any opposing team should be concerned about.  Perriman always had the talent.  He's never had the production and that included the first half of last season that saw Winston throw for 5,000 yards.  Maybe the lightbulb has come on.  More than likely he'll be what he's always been.  A talent that flashes.

Division games are difficult, normally, no matter the records.  The teams know each other too well.  But the Bills have the better talent top to bottom and the better coach.   The Bills are ahead of them and Allen is ahead of Darnold too as much as many fans in the country would be shocked to hear.  The game isn't style points.   It's about winning and Allen is a junkyard dog.  

I look forward to those Jets games.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Joe Douglas surprised the ***** out of me.  

After the draft he had, it became clear to me he's legit and will make the Jets a contender. 

Imo, the Jets are going to be our toughest division opponents this year. 

I think Miami has too many new moving parts and New England is looking to tank this season to draft their new franchise Qb next draft. 

This division is going to be won by the Bills or Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Giving Darnold protection and weapons wasn't a revelation.  The question is: did he sign and draft the right guys?  That remains to be seen.

I think the tackle will pan out though he might take a year or so to get there. Less convinced on Mims. 

The Jets are a couple of years behind the Bills.  Unfortunately for the NJJ, their window to win while their QB is on his rookie contract, and there's a lot of money for everyone else, will probably close before they catch up.

It's Miami that I'm more worried about.  Miami has a solid coach and a lot of new players and high draft picks.  A lot like Cleveland except Miami's coach is much better, so the fish aren't falling apart if they don't win right away. Also Miami has its QB on his rookie contract and can afford to keep all those new talented players around for a few years.  The Bills will peak this year and next year, and then it's going to be tough to keep Miami from taking over the division.

The Jets just can't get things right.

Funny, I could care less about the Jets. Always have, always will.

The Bills rival has always been Miami and at the other end of the spectrum has been a dismal 38-year or so embarrassment against NE.

the jets and dolphins play each other back to back this year with a bye week in between. i can't remember that happening to us before but it's probably happened in the league before. 

the jet seem to be about a year behind the bills at the moment if their draft this year was good.  but now i'm starting to worry we're setting ourselves up for some disappointment this year. man i hope allen lights it up this year. 

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the jets and dolphins play each other back to back this year with a bye week in between. i can't remember that happening to us before but it's probably happened in the league before. 

the jet seem to be about a year behind the bills at the moment if their draft this year was good.  but now i'm starting to worry we're setting ourselves up for some disappointment this year. man i hope allen lights it up this year. 

Not winning the division would be a significant disappointment to me. If we win the division and get bounced at home in the wildcard I will be disappointed but not downbeat necessarily. If this team fails to win the division then some serious questions should be asked (obviously excluding a situation where Allen gets hurt). 

• Like (+1) 1

LOL   :lol:  

An very short open letter to that forum. 

Dear Jets Fans. 

#1 Keep Sam from getting Mono  ?

#2 Win in a good and a consistent fashion.

#3 Do not hire a coach fired who was in your division!

The NYETS have been as bad or worse than the Bill for as long as I can remember.  Sure thay have one good season here or there. 

Then thy fall, nay FLY  back to the bottom in a heartbeat. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

If you've ever been to New York and attended a Jest's game, you'll relate to my comments.  A high percentage of their fans are aggressive and mouthy until the wheels come off and defeat is in the air.  That's when they switch over to blaming the refs and making other excuses.  Many of them leave the stadium before the fourth quarter. Many of  them know little about the game in general, little about the rules, and little about the talent or lack thereof on the Jests.  They are a really sad group of fans in general.  For other stadiums that I have attended in recent years,  I contrast them to Giants, Steelers, Packers, Colts, Titans, Tampa, Falcons and Jaguars fans that are not like them at all.  As a result, anything coming from the Jests has no credibility from my point of view.  The media seems to hype them at the start of every season (probably due to the importance of the large market) but usually by week 5 or 6, they've all crawled back into their hole.  We should all be used to this media behavior and continue to disregard it.  After all, the only thing of real importance is the game results.

They also are  fans  that do not hold a plurality  in any U.S. county... Including their traditional home  burough/county of Queens.  Truly sad.  But that  doesn't  matter  there is only one New York State team that plays in New York.

The Jets simply don't  exist.   Probably  why they have an inferiority, little man complex.

fb_nfl_fandom.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1