Jets' fans complaining about Bills' media exposure

I can't stand Buffalo and that bum QB that can't complete a pass; the media endlessly s**** off Allen and the Bills.

NYJFOREVER, Friday at 2:18 PM

This one made me laugh.  The post is from theganggreen.com, the Jet's version of TBD.   For fans that have watched the Bills treated like dog crap on the sole of someone's shoe by the media for the last 15+ years,  you just gotta love Jets' fans complaining about the media starting to say something good about the Bills.

The Bills got no media attention for almost two decades, and deservedly so.  We were a small market, dysfunctional franchise.  How many years did we go without prime time games?  How many times did they cut to commercial during the Bill's draft pick? Ten minutes on the latest Patriots win, thirty second highlight clip of the Bills' game on Sports Center.  When the Bills did win a game, the coverage was more about how the other team managed to lose than how me managed to win. 

Now things have changed. The Bills are a playoff team with a championship level defense and have added pieces to the offense this year with Diggs and Moss that should help score more points.  Allen is in the third year in the same system and should continue to improve.  We should also get more solid line play on offense. The Bills are clearly a team on the upswing.

On the other hand, the Jets are stuck in neutral.  If the Bills play their starters in Week 17 , they finish with a record of 11-5 on the season and sweep the Jets.  As long as Gase is coaching in New York, the Jets are a .500 team.  If Joe Douglas fires Gase after this season there will be a new regime coming in and the new coaches will need 2-3 years to get their system in place.  Bottom line, I don't think the Jets are going anywhere soon and the Bills have a real shot to win a championship. 

Gang Green Nation will just have to suck it up.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 3

Yep. Bills earned their exposure.

Even for a lot of ppl on this board, seemed like they were upset that the Bills never got primetime games or respect.

Quite frankly, the Bills never earned respect as they had mediocre year after mediocre year for 18 years

Now the Bills have earned their respect by making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with an up and coming team, and what do you know, 4 primetime games.

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

How many times did they cut to commercial during the Bill's draft pick

LOL

Their TV rundown sheet must actually be labeled "Bills pick 3:00 commercial break" for the producers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I realize this thread will bring out the complainers about posting Jet threads or Jet info in general. But for me, I really don't mind it. A lot of the stuff I've read on their forums is laughable. I've seen posts here saying we shouldn't be saying there's a large gap between us and the Jets. It is true, divisional games are hard to win, against the Jets especially barring Barkley's beatdown a couple of years back. Arrogant salty jealousy is what they're about. As much as they say they can't stand Allen, they'd take his style of play in a heartbeat considering what they have going for them now, and that's not a knock on Darnold.

Both Allen and Darnold are talented in their own right. Unfortunately for Darnold, they're also a reflection of their head coach. Given Darnold's abilities, having Gase for a HC is really showing at this point

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

On the other hand, the Jets are stuck in neutral.  If the Bills play their starters in Week 17 , they finish with a record of 11-5 on the season and sweep the Jets.  As long as Gase is coaching in New York, the Jets are a .500 team.  If Joe Douglas fires Gase after this season there will be a new regime coming in and the new coaches will need 2-3 years to get their system in place.  Bottom line, I don't think the Jets are going anywhere soon and the Bills have a real shot to win a championship. 

I'm not with you there at all. They got a new GM who seems to have a clue and that's not good for us. Giving Darnold protection and better weapons is not something we want to see, Gase or no as HC. They are not a .500 or below team as of now, far from it, and they will probably hand us a loss. Do not be remotely fooled into thinking that the Jets are anything other than competitive rivals who will be a pain in our side for the next decade.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm not with you there at all. They got a new GM who seems to have a clue and that's not good for us. Giving Darnold protection and better weapons is not something we want to see, Gase or no as HC. They are not a .500 or below team as of now, far from it, and they will probably hand us a loss. Do not be remotely fooled into thinking that the Jets are anything other than competitive rivals who will be a pain in our side for the next decade.

Giving Darnold protection and weapons wasn't a revelation.  The question is: did he sign and draft the right guys?  That remains to be seen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm not with you there at all. They got a new GM who seems to have a clue and that's not good for us. Giving Darnold protection and better weapons is not something we want to see, Gase or no as HC. They are not a .500 team as of now, and they will probably hand us a loss. Do not be remotely fooled into thinking that the Jets are anything other than competitive rivals who will be a pin in our side for the next decade.

Fair points and I don't think there is a whole lot of space between our opinions.

The Jets record last year was 7-9 and would have been 6-10 if we had played to win in Week 17.  I think they are a .500 team this year, and that would be an improvement over last year.

I agree with you that Joe Douglas is improving their roster and the Jets are never an easy out.  I think Darnold is a solid QB.  They are a division rival and every game against them is tough.  I just think they are 2 years behind the Bills in the rebuild and Gase is an anchor on that franchise.  I don't expect Douglas to bring Gase back after this year and then they will be starting over again with a new coaching staff.

I'll stand by my point that the Bills are in position to compete for a championship and the Jets are not a playoff team.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Fake news. I read it right here. Josh Allen is the most criticized player in history. 

Yeah, never understood the criticism myself given his production. It's always "his style of play isn't sustainable in the NFL".  He just needs to protect the ball better when running

• Like (+1) 1

Let them be miserable on their own. Their team is garbage. Sam Darnolds number one is going to be a kid who Bucs fans couldn’t wait to get rid of last year. Their offense outside of Bell stinks. The offensive line theyve spent ‘rebuilding’ is filled with overpaid 2nd liners from other teams. Their secondary is complete ass. And Gase is a head case. They are going to have a top 5 pick this year and will finish last in the division. ***** them. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Giving Darnold protection and weapons wasn't a revelation.  The question is: did he sign and draft the right guys?  That remains to be seen.

If you watched Perriman in the Bucs games in December, you'd see that the Jets made a very smart decision by signing him.

I was really hoping they would draft defense heavy as they have before, but they did not.

So long as Darnold is their starting QB, we must assume they are capable of giving us trouble.

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fair points and I don't think there is a whole lot of space between our opinions.

The Jets record last year was 7-9 and would have been 6-10 if we had played to win in Week 17.  I think they are a .500 team this year, and that would be an improvement over last year.

I agree with you that Joe Douglas is improving their roster and the Jets are never an easy out.  I think Darnold is a solid QB.  They are a division rival and every game against them is tough.  I just think they are 2 years behind the Bills in the rebuild and Gase is an anchor on that franchise.  I don't expect Douglas to bring Gase back after this year and then they will be starting over again with a new coaching staff.

I'll stand by my point that the Bills are in position to compete for a championship and the Jets are not a playoff team.

Although the Jets won't be a playoff team (which we both agree, obviously) they still have enough juice to compete and it's not going to be easy to play them. I'm not as hard on Gase as you are, so we'll see what happens... but if the team chemistry starts unraveling as bad as it did in Miami, then yeah he's toast.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If you watched Perriman in the Bucs games in December, you'd see that the Jets made a very smart decision by signing him.

I was really hoping they would draft defense heavy as they have before, but they did not.

So long as Darnold is their starting QB, we must assume they are capable of giving us trouble.

Only thing I don't agree with is Darnold isn't too much of a threat right now, and as long as Gase is running things, his development will take a serious hit from that. Firing Gase will help, but nothing will change overnight. Our defense kept him in check in both games last year, and I firmly believe Josh Norman will go back to being a top notch cornerback being back with McDermott. Yes I know the mono, lack of talent etc. But as far as anyone knows, even the Jets, nothing's changed yet

56 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I can't stand Buffalo and that bum QB that can't complete a pass; the media endlessly s**** off Allen and the Bills.

NYJFOREVER, Friday at 2:18 PM

This one made me laugh.  The post is from theganggreen.com, the Jet's version of TBD.   For fans that have watched the Bills treated like dog crap on the sole of someone's shoe by the media for the last 15+ years,  you just gotta love Jets' fans complaining about the media starting to say something good about the Bills.

The Bills got no media attention for almost two decades, and deservedly so.  We were a small market, dysfunctional franchise.  How many years did we go without prime time games?  How many times did they cut to commercial during the Bill's draft pick? Ten minutes on the latest Patriots win, thirty second highlight clip of the Bills' game on Sports Center.  When the Bills did win a game, the coverage was more about how the other team managed to lose than how me managed to win. 

Now things have changed. The Bills are a playoff team with a championship level defense and have added pieces to the offense this year with Diggs and Moss that should help score more points.  Allen is in the third year in the same system and should continue to improve.  We should also get more solid line play on offense. The Bills are clearly a team on the upswing.

I always enjoy reading your thoughts and posts.

But I think you may be looking too deeply into this.   Who cares what some random Jet fan posts or thinks on their message boards 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

I always enjoy reading your thoughts and posts.

But I think you may be looking too deeply into this.   Who cares what some random Jet fan posts or thinks on their message boards 

Appreciate the kind words.

I'm not too worried about the Jets or their fans, I just thought this particular post was entertaining.  I go to the Gang Green message board from time to time and I post there too.  I don't troll there. There are some reasonable Jets fans out there to talk AFCE football with. My idea of fun has never been to argue with strangers on an internet chat board.  I work in an ER and deal with enough knuckleheads on a daily basis to go looking for that during my spare time.

I have gone there more often of late because I do think Douglas is on the right track and we are now in a Bills news vacuum, probably until training camp begins at the end of July.  Brutal....  

• Like (+1) 3

If you've ever been to New York and attended a Jest's game, you'll relate to my comments.  A high percentage of their fans are aggressive and mouthy until the wheels come off and defeat is in the air.  That's when they switch over to blaming the refs and making other excuses.  Many of them leave the stadium before the fourth quarter. Many of  them know little about the game in general, little about the rules, and little about the talent or lack thereof on the Jests.  They are a really sad group of fans in general.  For other stadiums that I have attended in recent years,  I contrast them to Giants, Steelers, Packers, Colts, Titans, Tampa, Falcons and Jaguars fans that are not like them at all.  As a result, anything coming from the Jests has no credibility from my point of view.  The media seems to hype them at the start of every season (probably due to the importance of the large market) but usually by week 5 or 6, they've all crawled back into their hole.  We should all be used to this media behavior and continue to disregard it.  After all, the only thing of real importance is the game results.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That season-ending 3 week stretch was easily the best of his 5-year career.  Was it a flash in the pan or can he keep that up?

• Like (+1) 1