If no fans in stadium, maybe gather outside?

41 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Results from Major League Baseball's participation in a nationwide COVID-19 antibody study were made available Sunday. 

Per Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, the study of 5,603 MLB employees returned 39 positive results (0.7 percent). 

MLB Network's Jon Heyman noted none of the people who tested positive have died from the virus and it's the largest national antibody study to date.

The 400+ people I reference at the facility includes all staff... I would know... I was at those facilities. 

So you're just going to blow by the NBA numbers, which is a much higher percentage as the MLB? I didn't question the MLB comments you made, I didn't even mention them. Does the study mention the percentage of false positives and false negatives? The MLB shutdown on March 12th when there were only scattered hot spots, unlike now where it's spread throughout the country. Given that, are you pointing to this study as a good control group for the NFL to use?

MLB players don't come in contact with each other out on the field very often, unlike the NFL or the NBA for that matter, where they're in contact with one another throughout the game. You can also spread players out instead of putting everyone on the bench in the dugout. I'd go as far as to say that MLB will be the best candidate to open first among the "big 4" of professional sports. But a study that tested players in a sport that, on the day it shutdown, the country only had 1,631 confirmed cases vs today's reality of over 1.36 million confirmed case doesn't really have any value in my eyes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Not how I handle mine either...  but that’s what I see every time I’m out. 

Cloth masks aren’t doing a thing... the second it gets moist from your breath you’re going to be susceptible to spreading germs. Because the masks exists to stop the spread of germs, it doesn’t actually protect you from anything. It’s just an immediate shield from coughing and sneezing... but if a person is considerate, they’d cover their mouth/nose normally.

Have you been through a checkout line? The person in front of you touches the pin-pad... I bet you also touch the pin-pad, and it goes on. It’s not being wiped down every time. 

You don’t think someone has picked an item up and decided they don’t want/need it and put it back only for someone else to pick it up? I’ve yet to see employees running out to sanitize an item that was touched/replace it on the shelf. 

I don't know where you shop but the grocery store I go to wipes the pad after each use. Also, I sanitize my gloved hands on the way in and again on the way out, discard the gloves and wipe down again on my way to the car. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Nah - just stare directly at the sun for a few minutes. It's cheaper than bleach.

(Disclaimer: I was being sarcastic. Don't do that for real.)

Don’t DO that around here! We’re a ‘special’ group.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

just ignore the contagious virus that is getting millions sick?

Seems to be the jist of the sentiments. 

Jeez! Can’t even enjoy a few hours with the fam on Mother’s Day without a noob virus polluting the Board. 

SOME quality takes in this monkey thread. For those, I apologize. 

But bizarre takes like these, left unattended, foster like-minded folks to act on their weird thoughts as well.

B. Fife, Bud Nipper. 

• Haha (+1) 1