If no fans in stadium, maybe gather outside?

2 hours ago, Mickey said:

Dude, that is not how anyone I know handles their trips to the grocery store. 

Not how I handle mine either...  but that’s what I see every time I’m out. 

Cloth masks aren’t doing a thing... the second it gets moist from your breath you’re going to be susceptible to spreading germs. Because the masks exists to stop the spread of germs, it doesn’t actually protect you from anything. It’s just an immediate shield from coughing and sneezing... but if a person is considerate, they’d cover their mouth/nose normally.

Have you been through a checkout line? The person in front of you touches the pin-pad... I bet you also touch the pin-pad, and it goes on. It’s not being wiped down every time. 

You don’t think someone has picked an item up and decided they don’t want/need it and put it back only for someone else to pick it up? I’ve yet to see employees running out to sanitize an item that was touched/replace it on the shelf. 

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I think 1/4 stadium occupancy might work.  Every other seat empty, and every other row empty.  Tell the season ticket holders they get two games, not 8.  No concessions open.  Social distancing in the rest rooms.  Better than turning the stadiums into TV studios, which is the more likely way this will go.

Until one fan dies and sues for over a million. I see no way this will happen and if they do put together some crazy setup it will only last so long until a fan gets sick and dies. If a player gets sick and dies it’s season over faster than you can blink.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Its more than just game day,  think of this scenario, if a teammate you were working out with yesterday tests positive a couple days later...   

There’s been little to no spread amongst players in Major League Baseball, outside of the reported cases. 

You had over 400 people packed into facilities and locker rooms during Spring Training. Living in the same hotels... there was no spread. No players with symptoms. 

Professional wrestling is going on... they’re swearing and bleeding all over each other... nobody has contracted it. No wrestlers with symptoms. 

The number of professional athletes who have contracted COVID is tiny. If someone gets it, you remove them. 

Here is the definition of quarantine...

a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

It’s people who have been exposed to infectious or contagious disease... not all people... what we’ve been doing isn’t quarantine. 

57 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

If you just put a little bleach in your eyes, it'll work out.  The sight of it will just disappear one day...

Nah - just stare directly at the sun for a few minutes. It's cheaper than bleach.

(Disclaimer: I was being sarcastic. Don't do that for real.)

Edited by WhoTom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true. It's not about us anymore.  It's about the players. If even one player on any team tests positive it could shutdown everything. 

There are 1800 active players in the NFL, not to mention coaches, staff, trainers, equipment people etc etc. If the solution to one player on any team testing positive is to shut the entire league down than you may as well not even start it. 

It will surely happen and there surely is a better solution. If not than just cancel the season. 

It will be a much different world in September compared to when Rudy tested positive in the NBA

Edited by Process

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

There’s been little to no spread amongst players in Major League Baseball, outside of the reported cases. 

You had over 400 people packed into facilities and locker rooms during Spring Training. Living in the same hotels... there was no spread. No players with symptoms. 

Professional wrestling is going on... they’re swearing and bleeding all over each other... nobody has contracted it. No wrestlers with symptoms. 

The number of professional athletes who have contracted COVID is tiny. If someone gets it, you remove them. 

a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

It’s people who have been exposed to infectious or contagious disease... not all people... what we’ve been doing isn’t quarantine. 

Think of the ramifications of the scenario I mentioned... it’s not far fetched. 

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Pitch forks and torches...we will storm the castle ;) 

Have Fun Storming The Castle GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Nah - just stare directly at the sun for a few minutes. It's cheaper than bleach.

I did this during the eclipse and through two panes of welder glass..............my eyes weren't right for two weeks. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Sure go ahead. Make sure you all high five a lot, and that communal bowling ball thing is probably a great idea too.

The funny part of that statement is they've wiped that ball down for years between shots. 

12 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Quarantine wouldn't be just for the person infected, you don't have to look past the WH situation right now to see that. It would be for any player and any personnel that came within close proximity of the infected player. That list would be extensive once you include all teammates & coaches, doctors, trainers, reporters that they were practicing against, anyone near their locker, anyone they were close to in the training rooms, weight rooms, film studies and that doesn't include the players from the team you just played against. Experts believe you may be most infectious a few days before symptoms show or before you would test positive. The NBA closed down quickly once the first player tested positive. 11 total players, from 7 teams, tested positive in an 8 day stretch from March 11th-19th.

12 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Open the freakin country up .. lets get back to normal.. fans in the stands , outside , inside. . JMHO 

just ignore the contagious virus that is getting millions sick?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Open the freakin country up .. lets get back to normal.. fans in the stands , outside , inside. . JMH

The tone of that statement renders the "H" inappropriate.

48 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Not how I handle mine either...  but that’s what I see every time I’m out. 

Cloth masks aren’t doing a thing... the second it gets moist from your breath you’re going to be susceptible to spreading germs. Because the masks exists to stop the spread of germs, it doesn’t actually protect you from anything. It’s just an immediate shield from coughing and sneezing... but if a person is considerate, they’d cover their mouth/nose normally.

Have you been through a checkout line? The person in front of you touches the pin-pad... I bet you also touch the pin-pad, and it goes on. It’s not being wiped down every time. 

You don’t think someone has picked an item up and decided they don’t want/need it and put it back only for someone else to pick it up? I’ve yet to see employees running out to sanitize an item that was touched/replace it on the shelf. 

I wear rubber gloves, and most people I see at the store do as well.

I also put a paper towel on the inside of my mask to avoid the moisture problem you mention.

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

just ignore the contagious virus that is getting millions sick?

Just now, WhoTom said:

The tone of that statement renders the "H" inappropriate.

Again its my opinion.. ok.. no need to judge..  put your masks on and carry on .

26 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Quarantine wouldn't be just for the person infected, you don't have to look past the WH situation right now to see that. It would be for any player and any personnel that came within close proximity of the infected player. That list would be extensive once you include all teammates & coaches, doctors, trainers, reporters that they were practicing against, anyone near their locker, anyone they were close to in the training rooms, weight rooms, film studies and that doesn't include the players from the team you just played against. Experts believe you may be most infectious a few days before symptoms show or before you would test positive. The NBA closed down quickly once the first player tested positive. 11 total players, from 7 teams, tested positive in an 8 day stretch from March 11th-19th.

Results from Major League Baseball's participation in a nationwide COVID-19 antibody study were made available Sunday. 

Per Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times, the study of 5,603 MLB employees returned 39 positive results (0.7 percent). 

MLB Network's Jon Heyman noted none of the people who tested positive have died from the virus and it's the largest national antibody study to date.

The 400+ people I reference at the facility includes all staff... I would know... I was at those facilities. 

Edited by JGMcD2

WAIT!!! Now hear me out!

I have an idea..........

If they close the stadium to fans, I will support my team by watching the game at home from my couch! Do you think THAT might work? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have a hard time seeing us in september or october being able to have 20,000 fans in the stands, but not 70,000. I really think it is either going to be no fans in the stadium, no fans in the bars, no family gatherings, or all this will be over finally by then.

How is a bar filled with fans better then a stadium filled with fans? We are social distancing now to allow our doctors and scientists have a chance to learn about the virus, while having hospitals able to care for patients.

There is no way the whole season will be played with no fans, unless there is a massive second wave that happens.

I really think we are going to learn so much about this virus by then, and we have a good chance at attending games in a packed stadium.

I'm firmly on the side that believes there will be no fans and no tailgating around the stadium this season. Until there's a vaccine or robust treatment that allows people to skip hospitalization for the administer of said drug, we're just going to have to get by with televised games. The more we learn about the virus, the more its near-perfect contagion characteristics will reveal themselves. We may become even more paranoid as a result of what researchers discover.  

• Like (+1) 1