If no fans in stadium, maybe gather outside?

Oh great another thread where we can argue about Covid and whether or not there will be fans at games!! We need a few more of these discussions (sarcasm).

To the OP, the answer is no. That’s a stupid idea. If people aren’t allowed at the stadium they won’t be allowed outside of the stadium either. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love this idea.  it's also easier to be "socially distant" outside in a parking lot than in a stadium where you are literally on top of each other.  It could be done.  The naysayers just lack creativity of how it could be done.  If you can shop INSIDE in a grocery store, there is no reason they can't come up with a socially distant way to be present at a football game OUTSIDE.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

I think 1/4 stadium occupancy might work.  Every other seat empty, and every other row empty.  Tell the season ticket holders they get two games, not 8.  No concessions open.  Social distancing in the rest rooms.  Better than turning the stadiums into TV studios, which is the more likely way this will go.

Use Jacksonville as a model.

• Haha (+1) 1

Living in Florida where things have started opening, the situation seems to be changing quickly.  People are still being careful, wearing masks in confined areas, maintaining distances, and just being smart.  The number of people out and about is increasing very quickly.  If things continue to move in that direction, some semblance of normality will exist in more places by September.  I don't know if all of that is good or bad but our human nature to be out, active and in a routine seems to be pushing things in that direction.  Even if the parking lots are not officially open, people will find other places to gather to enjoy their game day experience with other fans.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Streaker said:

As the title states, could we gather outside the stadium if the games were played with no fans? I get it, there still might be restrictions on gatherings, social distancing, etc. It’s a big “what if”, but it would be an act of support for the team and would still allow us to be an active participant. Team arriving at the stadium and seeing the flags flying, radios and TVs tuned in to the game, fans enjoying game day. Maybe the roar of the crowd could be heard inside the stadium. Maybe cameras could show the fans on the big screens in the stadium. What do you think? Would you participate if there was a way?

Your avatar definitely screams "probation."

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, purple haze said:

If they don't let people attend the game it's doubtful they allow gathering outside the stadium.  The lots would probably be shut down, with security present.  

My guess is Police will be blocking the roads around the stadium if no fans are allowed in.

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I think 1/4 stadium occupancy might work.  Every other seat empty, and every other row empty.  Tell the season ticket holders they get two games, not 8.  No concessions open.  Social distancing in the rest rooms.  Better than turning the stadiums into TV studios, which is the more likely way this will go.

That sounds like a great deal for us ST holders...….pay for 10 get 2 ;) 

1 hour ago, JinxedBill said:

Personally I’m tired of quaranting the everyone instead of quaranting the sick like normal.

Brilliant!  Right on...  What could go wrong with that?  With a disease that is asymptomatic for up to 50% of contagious cases, this should be effective as all of the other BS talking points.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If you can't streak inside the stadium do you think they'll let you streak outside? ?

If you just put a little bleach in your eyes, it'll work out.  The sight of it will just disappear one day...

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Then that player would get quarentined. I'm sure they will already be testing everyone involved before games. What's the issue?

Its more than just game day,  think of this scenario, if a teammate you were working out with yesterday tests positive a couple days later...