If no fans in stadium, maybe gather outside?

As the title states, could we gather outside the stadium if the games were played with no fans? I get it, there still might be restrictions on gatherings, social distancing, etc. It’s a big “what if”, but it would be an act of support for the team and would still allow us to be an active participant. Team arriving at the stadium and seeing the flags flying, radios and TVs tuned in to the game, fans enjoying game day. Maybe the roar of the crowd could be heard inside the stadium. Maybe cameras could show the fans on the big screens in the stadium. What do you think? Would you participate if there was a way?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I think 1/4 stadium occupancy might work.  Every other seat empty, and every other row empty.  Tell the season ticket holders they get two games, not 8.  No concessions open.  Social distancing in the rest rooms.  Better than turning the stadiums into TV studios, which is the more likely way this will go.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I have a bad feeling for the season. Think about even just 1 player on any team being found to be positive in, let's say week 2. Think it through...

Then that player would get quarentined. I'm sure they will already be testing everyone involved before games. What's the issue?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I think 1/4 stadium occupancy might work.  Every other seat empty, and every other row empty.  Tell the season ticket holders they get two games, not 8.  No concessions open.  Social distancing in the rest rooms.  Better than turning the stadiums into TV studios, which is the more likely way this will go.

I wish this would work but standard seat widths are 18 inches so you would need 4 seats in between to keep 72 inches apart. Also, it's impossible to get to your seat without rubbing up against or coming within inches of other people seated in the same aisle. I just don't think it is feasible.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I have a bad feeling for the season. Think about even just 1 player on any team being found to be positive in, let's say week 2. Think it through...

So true. It's not about us anymore.  It's about the players. If even one player on any team tests positive it could shutdown everything. 

If I can go to the grocery store and touch things that everyone else touches, put items back on the shelf, touch the key pad at check out and then it doesn't get wiped down, breathe into a mask that gets moist and that doesn't put people at risk... I can go to a football game if I want.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Then that player would get quarentined. I'm sure they will already be testing everyone involved before games. What's the issue?

I think the issue is that the player who tested positive will have come into close contact with players on his team and others, been in the locker room, the showers, the bathrooms, etc. etc. Testing is great but there will always be time between when the disease is contracted and when it is found on a test. During that time the player is essentially typhoid mary. Tests don't tell you the instant the player has it and has become contagious. The notion that we will get through the season with one or two or a handful of people getting sick is not realistic based on the current situation which we all hope will change.  What happens if one or two teams have outbreaks where a dozen or more players test positive? So yeah, there are issues.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

If I can go to the grocery store and touch things that everyone else touches, put items back on the shelf, touch the key pad at check out and then it doesn't get wiped down, breathe into a mask that gets moist and that doesn't put people at risk... I can go to a football game if I want.

Not if they don't allow you

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Dude, that is not how anyone I know handles their trips to the grocery store. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Getting really tired of people making this more than what it is. It’s almost like people enjoy being quarantined. September is farther away than you think. This won’t last forever 

Let me know when I should pull your head out of the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2