Just watched Replay of Bills/Pats Week16

Caught the last few minutes and it was again difficult to watch.  The clock operator kept letting it run after incompletions.  Then, how the refs didn’t see the face mask infraction on Allen’s 4th down run still amazes me.  Didn’t really matter as Allen got the first down followed by a Beasley reception which got them closer than the half the distance penalty would’ve.  The pass to Knox was so close which was a bummer since he was open.  A more athletic TE might have been able to jump for it.

Finally, for those who thought Ford got better as the season went on, on the final play, he pushes the defender once with arms extended but then lets him go, forcing Josh to throw up a prayer where Cole B Smurf was outjumped for the ball by the DB.

Aarrgghh!  I don’t know why I let myself rewatch losses.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 referees and none saw the atrocious facemask on 4th and one, twisted his head around.

throw to knox on 2nd and goal was the big chance. It was overthrown and not a receiver in the world could have caught it. Blocking on 3rd and 4th down was horrible 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Caught the last few minutes and it was again difficult to watch.  The clock operator kept letting it run after incompletions.  Then, how the refs didn’t see the face mask infraction on Allen’s 4th down run still amazes me.  Didn’t really matter as Allen got the first down followed by a Beasley reception which got them closer than the half the distance penalty would’ve.  The pass to Knox was so close which was a bummer since he was open.  A more athletic TE might have been able to jump for it.

Finally, for those who thought Ford got better as the season went on, on the final play, he pushes the defender once with arms extended but then lets him go, forcing Josh to throw up a prayer where Cole B Smurf was outjumped for the ball by the DB.

I watched it too. It was tough, looked like we were gonna tie. I don’t think tight ends come much more athletic that Knox, I think he saw the ball late.

40 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Refs got us good.  Again

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Refs got us good.  Again

How?  I just rewatched it, and there were two big penalties.  Both were OPI against the Patriots.  The first took away a 40 yard TD.  The second took away a 20 yard gain on third down that wound up ending the drive.  The other close call was a third down play where it looked like NE got a first down, but they reviewed and said he was short.  Not saying they were bad calls, but every 50/50call went Buffalo’s way.  

Two players killed the Bills in that game.  Rex Burkhead and Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

How?  I just rewatched it, and there were two big penalties.  Both were OPI against the Patriots.  The first took away a 40 yard TD.  The second took away a 20 yard gain on third down that wound up ending the drive.  The other close call was a third down play where it looked like NE got a first down, but they reviewed and said he was short.  Not saying they were bad calls, but every 50/50call went Buffalo’s way.  

Two players killed the Bills in that game.  Rex Burkhead and Josh Allen.

It's just easier to blame the refs than admitting that the offense stunk, per usual, and the defense resembled a pre-season game...very vanilla.  Ironically, the next week the Dolphins beat NE in Foxboro.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That late throw to beasley to get first and goal for the chance to tie was absolutely insane and gets swept under the rug because we couldn’t cash it in at the end. Just an other worldly throw. 

Does this exist anywhere outside of the full game?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

That TD to Smoke was damn gorgeous though. 

It was great, reminded me of his long touchdown to Robert Foster vs Jacksonville in 2018. He makes some amazing long throws under pressure but misses a lot of them when he has time. If he can improve on long throws he will put up some great numbers next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Does this exist anywhere outside of the full game?

The throw, you mean? I’ve seen it maybe a couple times on some Allen random Allen highlights. But not nearly enough.... Just like some of the throws he made in the playoff game we’ll never see because nobody cares to ever relive it. Haha. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The throw, you mean? I’ve seen it maybe a couple times on some Allen random Allen highlights. But not nearly enough.... Just like some of the throws he made in the playoff game we’ll never see because nobody cares to ever relive it. Haha. 

Just found it.  Roll right, skinny post?

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s in the game highlights on YouTube.  Josh throws a rocket 27 yards with no discernible arc. On the run.  Truly other-worldly.

2 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I watched it too. It was tough, looked like we were gonna tie. I don’t think tight ends come much more athletic that Knox, I think he saw the ball late.

I watched that play several times. It looks like he panicked a bit and over strided which slowed him down, then sort of fell down instead if jumping. He might have had a play in the ball if he accelerated and got to his high point. 

22 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Just found it.  Roll right, skinny post?

Ya. Last drive rolling out across his body if I’m not mistaken. Every time I come across it I just shake me head and chuckle. Just the angle to which his body is as opposed to where the ball goes and the velocity. Pretty crazy...... and had they grabbed that game like they could have that throw woulda been everywhere. 

18 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

It’s in the game highlights on YouTube.  Josh throws a rocket 27 yards with no discernible arc. On the run.  Truly other-worldly.

All I can do is chuckle every time I see it. So impressive 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1