Booger and Tess not returning for MNF

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wish we could have the option of having crowd noise without announcers on our remotes.

How much easier would it make watching football with no announcers but hear everything in the stadium?

A long time ago (40 years or so) they actually did this for one game.  Just field noises, crowd noise and refs.  Then immediately afterwards all of the post game crew talked about what a disaster it was.  But I kinda liked it.  If I had a choice of audio stream I’d probably take that over most announcers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

I don’t get the love for Romo.

He’s not that good.

I can see if you've got a problem with his style, but no other announcer provides as much insight into the game/strategy and it's not even close IMO. 

Beth Mowins would be a disaster.  Her voice is grating and her excitement, actually everything about her style, feels forced.  She needs to stick to those backwoods late night college games for a while, like 20 more years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

He gets attention for telling us what WILL happen.....BEFORE it happens. That was unique and demonstrated an understanding of the game no one before him had shown. I believe they told him to tone that down at some point. 

I don’t pay much attention to announcers, but Booger was the worst I can ever remember. Part of that is the idiotic comments about Dawkins. He didn’t say “technically, that’s the rule”. He implied it was dirty, and then The Booger lost me forever. 

He should have a good feel for the flow and what might happen prior. I think they all understand the game. To me, it's how they come across and deliver it. IMO, he tries too hard.

There's not many good color guys out there. He may be one of the better one's, but that's not saying much. 

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

I can see if you've got a problem with his style, but no other announcer provides as much insight into the game/strategy and it's not even close IMO. 

Beth Mowins would be a disaster.  Her voice is grating and her excitement, actually everything about her style, feels forced.  She needs to stick to those backwoods late night college games for a while, like 20 more years.

I hear you. It is more his style. Tries too hard. Again, compared to what's out there he's superior. 

It's a low bar. 

Mowins? no argument here. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I Agree. Romo tells us what a team should be doing in any given situation in real time. He explains why a play worked and what was excellent about a player’s performance, or what was bad about it if it didn’t. He’s just about always right. As a game analyst, Romo is pretty great. 

This X2

Ugh.  I see that Steve Levy's name is among the front-runners.  If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's when announcers/analysts yell every time they speak.  Like that chick who was doing the schedule release coverage on NFLN.  She never stopped yelling.

I'm fine with Levy if he can keep that yelling under control.  Even if he doesn't, anything is better than Booger.

What’s with all the hate on Tessitore? I thought he actually has a pretty good play by play voice and tempers his excitement levels at the right times. He was pretty spot on during the playoff game. No issues with him. Booger on the other hand ??

Booger has to be a Nick name right? 

It has been probably 10 years since I've watched a MNF game for longer than 5 or 10 minutes.

25 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Booger has to be a Nick name right? 

His name is Anthony.

8 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Beth Mowins would be a disaster.  Her voice is grating and her excitement, actually everything about her style, feels forced. 

Agree with this. She is brutal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

It has been probably 10 years since I've watched a MNF game for longer than 5 or 10 minutes.

His name is Anthony.

Agree with this. She is brutal.

I see... 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, Chicken Boo said:

It doesn't matter who goes in the booth, people will complain.

Gimme Al Michaels with Tony Romo and you'd never hear a peep from me.

Of course, I'm the one person who misses Gruden in the booth. He was like my modern day Cosell.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Both Tessitore and McFarland will remain in prominent roles at ESPN. ?
image.jpeg.7053dbf162e28a8624f83d1b8440f683.jpeg

Booger and ESPN are made for each other. 

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

His name is Anthony.

But they call him Booger for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

Praise all the Jesuses!!!

So, the Baby one AND the Big ONE? 

• Haha (+1) 1