Booger and Tess not returning for MNF

24 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Monday Night Football ratings just went up...…..at least for week one .

Everything after that depends on who gets the gig.

These are bold statements 

22 minutes ago, Process said:

I was thinking Rex Ryan 

I’m begging you to stop 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Process said:

Some good news. 

Everyone's always hating on Booger. They are both awful, but I always thought Tess was worse. Calls every play like it's a last second touchdown to win the Superbowl. 

Very good decision on ESPN's part.  They were atrocious

Still not the worst part of their "presentation.". The correct answer to that is Suzy Kolber and all the NFL retirees.

MNF needs a top to bottom house cleaning, *starting*, not avoiding, the creative department. Light the whole house on fire, burn it to the ground, ensure there are no survivors.

Otherwise, they are just repacking the mediocrity, hoping you won't care. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

they need to allow the fans to watch the game w/o commentators/analysts 

I caught the BBC feed of several Wimbledon matches a few years ago w/o commentators and it was AWESOME. Still had the sounds of the players and the ball hitting the grass and the umpire for score, but not someone in your ear telling you what you just saw or what to think about it. Felt more like you were right there, just another spectator.

I hope that with the next step of digital broadcasting, ATSC 3.0, which allows more interaction / choices and has started in several markets and due in 60 more maybe by the end of the year/early next because of virus delays, we can be allowed to choose audio commentary feeds... or none.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Joe Tessirore was in my local broadcast area, WFSB the CBS for Hartford, for a long time in one of his early gigs. So there is a bit of goodwill built up for him in my mind, but... I don’t know how to describe it any way other than that he just does not have a football voice.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

It doesn't matter who goes in the booth, people will complain.

I usually can care less who calls and colors a game but I got to admit Booger was hard for even me to listen to.

Beth knows her stuff but something about her voice just makes me grimace and I can't help it.

That said I'd listen to both of them if it means there is football to watch!