RIP Little Richard

I'm so sad to see that. Here's my favorite Little Richard song:

Well, along about ten I'll be flying high/Rock on out unto the sky/'Cause I don't care if I spend my dough/Tonight I'm gonna be one happy soul...

Rock on out unto the sky, Richard... tonight and forever

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/9/2020 at 3:09 PM, Helpmenow said:

Jerry Lee Lewis (killer) is left.

Richard had such a big influence on Macca, Fogerty who covered his songs.

One of the cooler videos I've seen...

I mean, just the piano players were Little Richard, The Killer, Fats Domino and Ray Charles. Not to mention people like BB King, Bo Diddley, James Brown, et al.

For the younger generation, its like a 50s-60s version of X-Men Infinity Wars, Rock and Roll edition.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, CowgirlsFan said:

RIP

Thank you for your contribution to the entertainment industry.

The Beatles & Rolling Stones -among many others-claim he was extremely instrumental in their musical styles and did a few copies of his songs, notably Long Tall Sally. That’s enough for me to be a fan.

Thanks, LR, for your contribution to Rock & Roll. R.I.P. 

On 5/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, CookieG said:

One of the cooler videos I've seen...

I mean, just the piano players were Little Richard, The Killer, Fats Domino and Ray Charles. Not to mention people like BB King, Bo Diddley, James Brown, et al.

For the younger generation, its like a 50s-60s version of X-Men Infinity Wars, Rock and Roll edition.

That was fun. That was a whole lotta soul on one stage, boy. Missing Stevie and Aretha, but man, one helluva line up! Who was the white dude singing though?