The Karlos Williams Saga

LB48

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

he may be a good pickup for the Steelers to take a flyer on.  Big back. 

Steelers signed him in 2016 to practice squad then cut him later.

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My preference is for the team to not recycle players.  Plus Karlos has practically no track record in the league -- outside of working himself out of it.  There's no need to bring him in.  This is a team on the rise and everybody knows it.  Look forward, and don't hope for what might have been.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Inability to keep himself in football shape is the only thing that comes to mind and the rest is all speculation.  

In other words, he deserves another chance. You’re being unreasonable. ? 

Is this Karlos’s girlfriends burner account?

4 hours ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

We have 2 amazing running backs why would we want any part of this turd?

I think we’re good at RB, but I think “amazing” is overstating it. 

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService

12 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Is this Karlos’s girlfriends burner account?

Do you think Karlos Williams deserves the opportunity to tryout for an nfl team? 

Talk about an overreaction just to be funny.....while not being funny

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

This. Can't believe he included a rookie RB in his "amazing" comment.

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you think Karlos Williams deserves the opportunity to tryout for an nfl team? 

Talk about an overreaction just to be funny.....while not being funny

I smiled as I typed it ? .... as far as deserving it?  He deserves what he has received at this point, which is a shot at making a CFL roster. If that goes well? Then he might get a shot at an NFL roster. He only deserves what he earns. 

17 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Was a dam good draft pick I must say by Whaley. Guy has no one to blame but himself. Hes most likely toast by now after being out of the league and professional conditioning programs so long.

Whaley drafted a guy with weight & character concerns who proceeded to eat & smoke his way out of the league in 1 year.  I don't fault Whaley for taking a shot on a boom or bust prospect in the 5th, but I don't see how it could be considered a good pick beyond 2015.

The guy is a bit untethered. That interview he did a few weeks ago where he was claiming to be better than a number of backs currently on an NFL roster...it's like, dude, maybe in an athletic sense you were better than them at one point, but you're unreliable. A lot more goes into being a professional than athletic gifts. Dude lacks some self-awareness.

• Like (+1) 1

I was a big fan of him when he was here, I pointed out to my Dolphins fan buddy how he would run over the opponents, and he did. Then he just went to hell in the offseason. I wish him well, but there is no room for him on this roster. 

18 hours ago, Monty98 said:

He's been all in on the Bills even after we let him go and still cheers us on. I'd be okay with bringing him back should Moss not turn out and Williams looks good in Toronto

If the CFL doesn't play games this season he may be available for a quick look by the Bills!

19 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Was a dam good draft pick I must say by Whaley. Guy has no one to blame but himself. Hes most likely toast by now after being out of the league and professional conditioning programs so long.

Yes, was a great pick for a 5th round guy.  Those are the rounds you take chances on talent that has some red flags.  Sometimes they work out big, sometimes they have a short stint of success, and sometimes they never work out.  But he had a heck of a rookie season before his demons off the field addicted to McDonalds got the best of him.  

Also, we did NOT have the culture and accountability in the locker room back then for a guy who needed strong discipline.  Had he been drafted by Beane and McD, I would bet he would have a much better shot of being his best self. 

18 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

It's not for me to say a guy doesn't deserve a second chance. I hope he does well, wherever he plays.

Agreed.  This guys issues were MINOR compared to other players looking for redemption.  He absolutely deserves a second chance, and I for one hope he finds success where ever that is.

18 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Let someone else take a chance on him. 

The Bills have changed, they no longer need to go taking chances on old FAs who have done nothing for years. 

Signings like Karlos Williams as a FA belong in a different era

Im mostly aligned with this.  Personally, I think we are gonna be set with Devin and Moss for a while and just wont have a roster spot for him.  But I also would not be opposed to give him a shot if he explodes in his next stop.  

But I do agree we are in a different place.  No reason to take a chance on him before he's proven anything, we already have Wade who fills the spot of having a long shot, but high upside guy on the PS.  

However, if he explodes and shows all that promise, then I think its less of taking a chance, and he becomes a potential value signing.  That I would support, but there is no room for him to earn his redemption on this roster.  He needs to earn that in the CFL and then I am fine signing him if Beane sees a spot for him.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

Whaley drafted a guy with weight & character concerns who proceeded to eat & smoke his way out of the league in 1 year.  I don't fault Whaley for taking a shot on a boom or bust prospect in the 5th, but I don't see how it could be considered a good pick beyond 2015.

You wouldn’t happen to be an anti whaley guy would you?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I was just about to post the same thing.

Ahem.  This regime brought in Benjamin, Tolbert, Gore, etc and tried to sign Greg Olsen.  Yes, most were ex-Carolina players but they were all guys with their best days behind them.  Benjamin was the only knucklehead though.

20 hours ago, LB48 said:

Karlos played just one season in the NFL with the Bills. He was drafted in the 5th Round in 2015 and in his rookie year he averaged 5.6 yards per carry.  At 6’1, 225 lbs he was a force out of the backfield with 4.48 speed.  Williams had a couple 100-yard games in ‘15. He finished his rookie season with seven touchdowns. He tied an NFL record by scoring a touchdown in each of his first six career games while being a back-up to LeSean McCoy.

Karlos was suspended 3 times by the NFL for violating the substance abuse policy. He was released by the Bills in 2016. These suspensions have now been lifted. In 2020 he was signed by the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL as a free-agent.

At age 27  - - does he deserve another chance in the NFL and in particular the Bills?

I think we tried to get him back but he went to the Steelers to be with his brother. Yet the guy still doesn't get it by his comments on Whaley. I'd love to see him return here and be as good as he was but not a likely scenario. He'll just be another What IF guys that the NFL has seen any go in the past and maybe a lesson to those that think marijuana is just a recreational drug.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Ahem.  This regime brought in Benjamin, Tolbert, Gore, etc and tried to sign Greg Olsen.  Yes, most were ex-Carolina players but they were all guys with their best days behind them.  Benjamin was the only knucklehead though.

That was then, this is now.

Go prove it in the CFL. The new weed rules give him a chance IF he can drop the “baby weight” and get serious about being a grown up. I wish everyone well, Karlos included. Not sure how good his odds are after his nasty little comments about people putting him down. Snide, nasty  people are rarely great adds to the roster.  That reflects general stupidity.  

10 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Moss will be fine, he is a dedicated hard worker, fits the McD mold  exactly. 

I highly doubt the Bills would be interested.  I would not even consider him until I see what he does in Toronto, on and off the field.

I am an old AFL fan, and that league made it, in part by giving players second and third chances - Cookie Gilcrest included.  Of course they had little choice at the time.  The league is different now and there are lots of young fringe players staying in shape and waiting for a call.   

I'm not saying Moss will be bad, just throwing out a scenario.

I'll be able to see him up close if the season actually goes on, I work game days with a team. Weed is still a no no up here in the CFL if I'm correct and that should be an indicator of him somewhat. I'm hoping he does well as he's talented

On 5/9/2020 at 7:06 AM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

He's too young.  We should go back and get Curtis Brown.  I always enjoyed the innovative ways that he could muff a punt or fumble on the return. 

I’d like to see if Tinker Bell can still carry the rock.

• Like (+1) 1