The Karlos Williams Saga

LB48

48 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Deserves? Not really in my opinion. That being said, if he truly earns another shot, I wouldn’t be opposed to it.  Preferably not with the Bills though. We are good at RB.  

In other cases like Karlos, players got another chance.  Why wouldn’t Karlos. Based on the past players situations alone, he deserves another chance.  Dude failed weed tests?  Which is now legal.  Gimme a break. Dude smoked weed.

Again.....that being said, he’s probably not good enough to stick.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

In other cases like Karlos, players got another chance.  Why wouldn’t Karlos. Based on the past players situations alone, he deserves another chance.  Dude failed weed tests?  Which is now legal.  Gimme a break. Dude smoked weed.

He had more issues that just smoking weed in my opinion. I am not saying he shouldn’t get a shot, I’m just quibbling over the word “deserves”. I’ve not seen enough evidence yet to show he had put in the work and matured to the point to deserve it.  

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He had more issues that just smoking weed in my opinion. I am not saying he shouldn’t get a shot, I’m just quibbling over the word “deserves”. I’ve not seen enough evidence yet to show he had put in the work and matured to the point to deserve it.  

He “deserves” another shot based on the chances that other player got after doing much worse on multiple occasions.  Why shouldn’t he get the same opportunity?  

what are his other problems, in your opinion?

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  Weed is not an issue.

if he shows he can play again he deserves a chance. The age doesn’t factor in because he wasn’t playing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Sure, he deserves another shot in the NFL if he's good enough.

But he's definitely more of a Rex guy than an McD guy ... so not with the Beels.

Is the Wild Mushroom still going?  Very cool bar that I went to exactly 22 years ago, today (it was during our honeymoon, which is why I remember the date).

I am sure its called something else now.

I don't drive near that end of town much anymore.

They used to sponsor our slow pitch and ball hockey teams way back when :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I mean - maybe?  Guy had 100 touches 5 years ago.  I wouldn't consider him a priority.  

10 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean - maybe?  Guy had 100 touches 5 years ago.  I wouldn't consider him a priority.  

I’m not saying I want him on the Bills.  I’m saying that he should have an opportunity to tryout (for any team) at least. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

what are his other problems, in your opinion?

Inability to keep himself inn football shape is the first one that comes to mind.  That one likely leads to others, such as failing to follow coaches instructions, lack of maturity, etc...

He’s a fat lazy idiot who takes no accountability for his own dumb decisions.  He tries to blame Whaley, who gave him an opportunity after a bunch of dumb stuff at FSU, as the reason he fails.  The only I feel bad for his kids.  If only Fat Karlos had a brain. 

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Inability to keep himself inn football shape is the first one that comes to mind.  That one likely leads to others, such as failing to follow coaches instructions, lack of maturity, etc...

Inability to keep himself in football shape is the only thing that comes to mind and the rest is all speculation.  

In other words, he deserves another chance. You’re being unreasonable. ? 

I'll tell you what... if he plays in the CFL for a couple of seasons and has production we should bring him back and have him come in and pull a mix between Ricky Williams(weed) and Fred Jackson(age). Not really though, we have Zach Moss and Devin Singletary. If we need to address the backfield it will be through the draft or FA.

Deserves?  No, he doesn't deserve another chance.  Will he get another chance?  Depends on what team needs a big back and no better options are available.  Won't be with Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I apologize if anyone has asked this already (too busy to read five pages of comments) -- would KW be entitled to a veteran's minimum salary?  If he could be signed for relatively cheap I don't see this as a problem.  I love Zach Moss but Moss has been hurt from time to time, and KW could provide the thunder (along with Singletary's lightning) if Moss is unavailable.

19 hours ago, Monty98 said:

He's been all in on the Bills even after we let him go and still cheers us on. I'd be okay with bringing him back should Moss not turn out and Williams looks good in Toronto

Moss will be fine, he is a dedicated hard worker, fits the McD mold  exactly. 

I highly doubt the Bills would be interested.  I would not even consider him until I see what he does in Toronto, on and off the field.

I am an old AFL fan, and that league made it, in part by giving players second and third chances - Cookie Gilcrest included.  Of course they had little choice at the time.  The league is different now and there are lots of young fringe players staying in shape and waiting for a call.   

Edited by Bob in STL