The Karlos Williams Saga

LB48

To me, a 2nd year RB with a rookie RB and TJ Yeldon is anything but set at RB. I'm not advocating bringing in Karlos, but we could still use a vet RB who isn't TJ Yeldon. Devonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller are still out there. Devin is still learning the ropes, there's a reason Antonio Williams went undrafted and Yeldon sat most of last year for a reason(he's not good and he's soft). I love the Moss pick, but again, he's a rookie. Hopefully we end up with:

Devin Singletary

Zack Moss

Veteran

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

To me, a 2nd year RB with a rookie RB and TJ Yeldon is anything but set at RB. I'm not advocating bringing in Karlos, but we could still use a vet RB who isn't TJ Yeldon. Devonta Freeman, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller are still out there. Devin is still learning the ropes, there's a reason Antonio Williams went undrafted and Yeldon sat most of last year for a reason(he's not good and he's soft). I love the Moss pick, but again, he's a rookie. Hopefully we end up with:

Devin Singletary

Zack Moss

Veteran

It doesn’t take much experience to learn the ropes at the RB position.  Guys come in and contribute immediately.  

Yeldon is your vet who is 3rd on your depth chart so that’s not much of an issue IMO.  Singletary is also a vet now who had a year mentoring under Gore.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd have no issue with Karlos getting another shot on an incentive based contract being signed post week 1 so salary is not guaranteed.

He clearly did not deal with off-season well and wacky weed is definitely something he is addicted to. 

But that is not important now, right?  He stop eating trays of brownies for another shot in NFL, right?

9 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Was a dam good draft pick I must say by Whaley. Guy has no one to blame but himself. Hes most likely toast by now after being out of the league and professional conditioning programs so long.

He played one season and then was out of the league in year two...oh yeah great pick Whaley!

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't mind smoking, certainly indulge from time to time. I don't work for a company that does testing and they have a fairly liberal outlook on it. That said if your job was on the line and you had to quit but couldn't. This is marijuana we are talking about. A substance I can use for years straight and stop immediately with no side effects outside mild irritability for a day or two. If you can't stop, I don't think I could ever employee somebody at even 50k a year, let alone several hundred thousand to a million. It's different in the league now, marijuana, so directly, it's not an issue for him anymore. But his past actions show his character likely still is. I wouldn't touch him with somebody else's dixie.    

10 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Nah. He truly squandered an amazing opportunity. He chose food and weed over his job multiple times. Doesn’t seem like a process guy

And his wife or a girlfriend to that list. She was clearly enabling his stupid decisions and making excuses for him, which mage things worse. 

It all depends on why he wants to return to the NFL. If it's purely for money then it probably will end the same for him. 

I don't think this Bills team needs him. If some other team gives him a chance then I wish him the best. Everyone deserves a second chance.

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He deserves another chance.  That being said, he’s probably not going to be good enough to make a team at this point

Deserves? Not really in my opinion. That being said, if he truly earns another shot, I wouldn’t be opposed to it.  Preferably not with the Bills though. We are good at RB.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sure, he deserves another shot in the NFL if he's good enough.

But he's definitely more of a Rex guy than an McD guy ... so not with the Beels.

46 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

With Moss holding out he might be an option ;)

I hope everyone realises I am kidding :)

Is the Wild Mushroom still going?  Very cool bar that I went to exactly 22 years ago, today (it was during our honeymoon, which is why I remember the date).

• Haha (+1) 1