The Karlos Williams Saga

LB48

25 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Btw he was a very exciting, talented running back.

Was he? That's not how I remember him. 

He was a very efficient 1 cut runner, who had decent speed and power. But exciting? Not really. He was a solid complimentary back. That's all

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Is this the mandatory Karlos Williams thread for the month of May? It only took 9 days, that's good. Okay, who's turn is it to start it in June?

Sorry, I’d do it, but I’ve already drawn the “We should hire Jim Kelly as our QB coach, Steve Tasker to run STs and Darryl Talley to oversee the LBs” thread.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If he had a season in the CFL, if there is one, and was an alter boy and in tremendous shape, no problem at least as a camp buddy the following year, but I doubt any of that would happen so pass.  People typically are condemned at least some of them to repeat their own mistakes.

I seriously doubt as well Moss doesn’t pan out.  We are set at RB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Sorry, I’d do it, but I’ve already drawn the “We should hire Jim Kelly as our QB coach, Steve Tasker to run STs and Darryl Talley to oversee the LBs” thread.

Don't forget your part time gig as a judge on 'Jeopardy'.  ?

The more interesting RB debate for me is the suggestion on a Bleacher Report UDFA article that Antonio Williams could take Yeldon's spot. It'd save over 1m in cap space and Williams is a special teams guy which is a big help for your RB3

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890548-every-nfl-teams-undrafted-free-agent-most-likely-to-make-their-2020-roster

Edited by Mountain Man

6 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

It's not for me to say a guy doesn't deserve a second chance. I hope he does well, wherever he plays.

Do consider this would be his fourth chance, 1st chance was getting drafted by the Bills, then suspended 3 times after his initial chance, this is chance #4, not that some team should not sign him but. It ain’t his 2nd chance. Maybe the light went on finally, but up to this point the guy is an incredible dummy. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m all for second chances when guys make mistakes. This is especially true for young guys.

With that being said, he’s been out of the league for years. When last seen he was fat and out of shape. He felt entitled to that NFL job. Now maybe he’s been humbled and will do the things necessary to EARN that second chance. The next step there is this CFL contract. If he goes out and shows that he can play still an NFL team will welcome him back. The ball is in his court now.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LB48 said:

Karlos played just one season in the NFL with the Bills. He was drafted in the 5th Round in 2015 and in his rookie year he averaged 5.6 yards per carry.  At 6’1, 225 lbs he was a force out of the backfield with 4.48 speed.  Williams had a couple 100-yard games in ‘15. He finished his rookie season with seven touchdowns. He tied an NFL record by scoring a touchdown in each of his first six career games while being a back-up to LeSean McCoy.

Karlos was suspended 3 times by the NFL for violating the substance abuse policy. He was released by the Bills in 2016. These suspensions have now been lifted. In 2020 he was signed by the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL as a free-agent.

At age 27  - - does he deserve another chance in the NFL and in particular the Bills?

Not with the Bills.  Rob Riddick had 12 rushing TDS for Buffalo.  I don’t want him on 2020 Bills either.  Karl’s is not process guy.  I trust Beane

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

Was he? That's not how I remember him. 

He was a very efficient 1 cut runner, who had decent speed and power. But exciting? Not really. He was a solid complimentary back. That's all

I enjoy a power running game. The man was very strong, hard to bring down and had surprising speed. Did his ypc lead the team in that season? I don't recall.

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

He outplayed McCoy that year when he was on the field. An incredibly sad story. What a future he had in front of him. 

I did not follow staff timelines.  Was Williams here when Rob Ryan was here?  Attempting to connect the dots here...?

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

The more interesting RB debate for me is the suggestion on a Bleacher Report UDFA article that Antonio Williams could take Yeldon's spot. It'd save over 1m in cap space and Williams is a special teams guy which is a big help for your RB3

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890548-every-nfl-teams-undrafted-free-agent-most-likely-to-make-their-2020-roster

Thanks for posting that.  Interesting.  A Williams seems to be the forgotten man.  Maybe this kid has a lot of game.

As for Karlos.  If he shows he can still play AND he has grown up some, I would give him a shot.  Guys are young when they come in the league.  A lot of them were not taught how to act like young adults or had good role models.  I don't think he did anything horrible.  He seemed like a fun guy to be around.  Carefree personality.  If he can still run, he should and will get a shot with someone.  Talent is talent.