The Karlos Williams Saga

LB48

Karlos played just one season in the NFL with the Bills. He was drafted in the 5th Round in 2015 and in his rookie year he averaged 5.6 yards per carry.  At 6’1, 225 lbs he was a force out of the backfield with 4.48 speed.  Williams had a couple 100-yard games in ‘15. He finished his rookie season with seven touchdowns. He tied an NFL record by scoring a touchdown in each of his first six career games while being a back-up to LeSean McCoy.

Karlos was suspended 3 times by the NFL for violating the substance abuse policy. He was released by the Bills in 2016. These suspensions have now been lifted. In 2020 he was signed by the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL as a free-agent.

At age 27  - - does he deserve another chance in the NFL and in particular the Bills?

He's been all in on the Bills even after we let him go and still cheers us on. I'd be okay with bringing him back should Moss not turn out and Williams looks good in Toronto

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Let someone else take a chance on him. 

The Bills have changed, they no longer need to go taking chances on old FAs who have done nothing for years. 

Signings like Karlos Williams as a FA belong in a different era

I was just about to post the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

If he ends up being the best back in the CFL and stays out of trouble then I would have no problem with bringing him in as the third running back if he's willing to be that. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

The Bills have changed, they no longer need to go taking chances on old FAs 

Well for an RB he woildnt be considered young anymore but at 27 years old with only one year of pro football on his treads, you can't consider him old either...

A big issue here, however, is that the CFL is in danger of not having a season or even a future from what I've heard. That may eliminate his only real opportunity  to make a comeback. 

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Let someone else take a chance on him. 

The Bills have changed, they no longer need to go taking chances on old FAs who have done nothing for years. 

Signings like Karlos Williams as a FA belong in a different era

...thought the Steelers did but that didn't work out....perhaps the third time is the charm......

5 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

It's not for me to say a guy doesn't deserve a second chance. I hope he does well, wherever he plays.

Fair enough. If he hurt other people I don't have much sympathy. If not, I wish him well.

Btw he was a very exciting, talented running back.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Is this the mandatory Karlos Williams thread for the month of May? It only took 9 days, that's good. Okay, who's turn is it to start it in June?

Thank you. If I can help it, there won’t be a June thread.

5 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Nah. He truly squandered an amazing opportunity. He chose food and weed over his job multiple times. Doesn’t seem like a process guy

No room for morons on this team. Pass.

• Like (+1) 2