Nashville game October 11 on sale now

That’s my birthday, I’ll be 29 (again).  It seems like a sign from God. I’ll be there again if things look right by then. I’m 2-0 there with the Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Just like last year Im flying down to my brothers and friends from Buffalo traveling down. His wife’s family also Cingular down ( they are STHs)

Tickets went on sale today.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s my birthday, I’ll be 29 (again).  It seems like a sign from God. I’ll be there again if things look right by then. I’m 2-0 there with the Bills! 

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

Last year, Bills fans took over the place. Great weekend. Planning on the same this season. I already have my tickets arranged for purchase (through our local Bills Backers). 

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s going to take some maneuvering, but I want to go to this game.  I’ve grown to love the city 

Took my family last year and we'll be there again.  The crowd was at least 50/50 Bills fans, and more likely 60/40 Bills.  If was a fantastic atmosphere.  I hope we can take over Bridgestone again. 

I'd recommend this away game to everyone. Nashville is a fantastic town to visit, you can walk everywhere from your downtown hotel, there are tons of great restaurants and bars, honkey tonks and clubs.  It's not all country music either, there is a fantastic and diverse music scene in Nashville.  You can even walk right to the stadium for the game.  There's never a reason to have to get a cab or Uber.  All of the bars downtown were full of Bills fans that weekend flying Bills flags and banners.  The streets were packed with people wearing Bills colors.  It was a great party atmosphere.

To their credit, Titans fans are nice and hospitable.  They really do have Southern Hospitality in Nashville.  You can't say that at every away game. There is good natured bantering between fans but always with a smile, and I didn't see a single altercation or even a heated argument between Bills and Titan fans.

Bottom line, if you can only go to one or two away games, you should really look at going to Nashville Week 6. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I got jumped at 2:30 am and knocked the F out the night before the music city miracle. Cops and firemen woke me up with smelling salt. 20% on me being drunk, 80% on those three kicking me in the face for wearing a bills hat. Worst weekend ever, obviously.... (still went to the game the next day, albeit with a concussion I later learned). I haven't been back since.... but maybe it's time. Go Bills! F those 3, but I'm sure they don't represent Nashville. 

I went to the Bills Titans game in 2015... had a great time in Nashville..

Unfortunately it appears unlikely international borders will be open in time for me to head back in 2020.,, would have definitely done the Vegas/Nashville back to back games otherwise...

17 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Took my family last year and we'll be there again.  The crowd was at least 50/50 Bills fans, and more likely 60/40 Bills.  If was a fantastic atmosphere.  I hope we can take over Bridgestone again. 

I'd recommend this away game to everyone. Nashville is a fantastic town to visit, you can walk everywhere from your downtown hotel, there are tons of great restaurants and bars, honkey tonks and clubs.  It's not all country music either, there is a fantastic and diverse music scene in Nashville.  You can even walk right to the stadium for the game.  There's never a reason to have to get a cab or Uber.  All of the bars downtown were full of Bills fans that weekend flying Bills flags and banners.  The streets were packed with people wearing Bills colors.  It was a great party atmosphere.

To their credit, Titans fans are nice and hospitable.  They really do have Southern Hospitality in Nashville.  You can't say that at every away game. There is good natured bantering between fans but always with a smile, and I didn't see a single altercation or even a heated argument between Bills and Titan fans.

Bottom line, if you can only go to one or two away games, you should really look at going to Nashville Week 6. 

There is NOTHING like a Bills home pre-game tailgate. Post-games are cool too. 

But in all the road games I’ve been to in different NFL cities, Nashville has the most unique and ideal post-game scenario. Uber to the game, hit the Bills lot with a disposable cooler, enjoy the win (hopefully!) then take the pedestrian bridge into town. Broadway is great, The Gulch is an easy walk or Uber from there. 

I love Nashville and highly recommend it if you are looking for a road game and have never been. 

It’s a great city, I hope they can manage the growth. 

(We used to have a condo there and I miss that place.) 

EDIT: Nashville is in my Top Ten for places to live once my wife retires. She loves it there too. It’s a college town, which is great adding to the vibe with Vandy, Belmont, Lipscomb (where our son went, love those people!), Fisk and Middle Tennessee State. I worry about the growth long-term, and the weather is not too bad, but not my idea of ideal.  Still, GREAT place! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Last away game I went to where I was going to fly for the game was New Orleans and Katrina hit and it was moved to San Antonio and I could not get a airline ticket.

All the airlines but USAir gave credit on future fight.  Went to use it following year and I was told credit expired - it was a one year credit from day of purchase not date of flight and I purchased it in May.  I have never flown on them since and I used to fly a lot for work; told company if they were going to book me on USAir send someone else and this resulted in flights on other airlines at prices businesses pay.  They lost thousands of dollars in sales due to them being cheap.

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

People still really think there will be fans at these games???

I’ll be at the game along with 3 other Bills fans making the trip from ATL.  If there aren’t fans... obviously I won’t.   Not sure why we all need to live our lives full of fear and apprehension.  

Edited by SCBills

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll be at the game along with 3 other Bills fans making the trip from ATL.  If there aren’t fans... obviously I won’t.   Not sure why we all need to live our lives full of fear and apprehension.  

So being realistic equates to living in fear and apprehension?

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So being realistic equates to living in fear and apprehension?

No, the constant need to jump in and rain on everyone’s parade by “doom and gloom” folks is obnoxious.  

We all know what’s going on, and that there may or may not be fans at the start of the season or at all. If people want to be optimistic in their view and talk about going to the games (which very well could happen), just let them.  

Edited by SCBills

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, the constant need to jump in and rain on everyone’s parade by “doom and gloom” folks is obnoxious.  

We all know what’s going on, and that there may or may not be fans at the start of the season or at all. If people want to be optimistic in their view and talk about going to the games (which very well could happen), just let them.  

so the optimists shant be disturbed, and the pessimists (or, dare i say, realists) should be shouted down by you. Sounds like a good system.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So many great games on the schedule!!  Figures this happens in the midst of a pandemic. 

My approach (not sure if it is right) was to book my flights for the games I’m (hopefully) going to. I will stay with my brother in Buffalo, waiting to try to book the Venetian for Vegas and have a friend that works for AJ Capital that owns the Thompson & Graduate in Nashville. He reserved a room for me at a rate. I don’t have tickets to either road game and am going with my brother to the opener. 

Basically, I’m trying to lock in as much as I can while things are as cheap as they will be. So far, I’ve spent $44 out of pocket for all of that. If we are unable to attend, I’ll get the miles and trace credits that I used back. I have no overhead for the Nashville or Buffalo at this point. Vegas will probably take some sort of deposit but that will be it. I’m not going to purchase the tickets until we get a lot closer. The prices won’t be that drastically different. Vegas is going to be brutally expensive but it’s going to be what it’s going to be.