[Vague Title] Worth a look in my book...

Houston is very interested in him:   https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/texans-highly-interested-in-ex-saints-larry-warford

Reportedly, as many as 20 teams have an interest: 

Including the Dolphins and Jets...     https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/miami-dolphins-new-york-jets-destinations-larry-warford

Edited by Lurker

The Saints are Belichick-level ruthless. Warford has been to the last 3 Pro Bowls (although this year on reputation). He was serviceable but BAD in the playoff game. They were like “yeah, this isn’t going to work” and drafted his replacement.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’d normally be all in on upgrading the OL but I think the greater need is RT just in case Ford can’t hold it down like we hope he can.  

Yeah we should avoid upgrading RG because our RT is worse. I like it.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d normally be all in on upgrading the OL but I think the greater need is RT just in case Ford can’t hold it down like we hope he can.  

Getting better elsewhere on the line is still a good idea. You don't avoid upgrading at linebacker just because you need a better corner. That doesn't make sense.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

Getting better elsewhere on the line is still a good idea. You don't avoid upgrading at linebacker just because you need a better corner. That doesn't make sense.

True. We could sign him and trade Feliciano or have him as depth.  Or is Feliciano a better starter for this team because he knows the guys he’s playing with?

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

One, this doesn't affect that. Two, we have at least two back-ups at RT who have starting experience in the NFL, including one who was very recently an All Pro (and his three career penalties may be one of my favorite stats ever).

That being said: I love what they seem to be doing in trying to keep consistency on a line of relatively young starters. Ideally, Ford-Feliciano-Morse-Spain-Dawkins works out and benefits from being in their second year working as a unit.

Edited by thurst44
  • Like (+1) 1

I am always one for upgrading the O-line. It would be good to have him come in and compete with Feliciano for the RG spot. The right side (which generally speaking was the weaker side) would have a lot of competition if they brought in someone to compete with Feliciano as D.Williams is already competition with Ford and TY. But I don't see it shaking out for the Bills. I think given his high level of interest and the fact that teams would be willing to hand him a starting job and a good salary (at least on a one year deal) I think he goes elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t see a pressing need at OG but I’ve always liked Warford - if he is deemed an improvement by Beane then why not at least inquire. Chances are he’s not going to be available for long though and getting into a bidding war for a guard is eh...

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Spain and Feliciano are $4.7 and 4.5 mil.  I don’t see why to drain our cap even more when first, it’s widely reported the cap will go down appreciably after this year, and second, we have decent guards and even backups with Long.  In addition, we more importantly need to extend Dawkins, Milano, and White.  We may at best be able to extend one, and maybe not even that as again we need to hoard cash at this time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Saints are Belichick-level ruthless. Warford has been to the last 3 Pro Bowls (although this year on reputation). He was serviceable but BAD in the playoff game. They were like “yeah, this isn’t going to work” and drafted his replacement.

Seems wise.

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm betting he'll be a Jet.  Their whole off season has been dedicated to building their O-line...

With reportedly 20 teams after him, he'll be looking for a contender.