Anyone buying tickets yet??

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Because this has killed 80000 in 2 months with everyone staying home.  If you can't understand that this has a higher rate of infection and a higher mortality rate then this probably isn't the place to get educated.

For anyone questioning the science of this disease, please be mindful that my friend died of it last week.  He was in his 40s, a father to two young girls and otherwise had been very healthy.  This thing is no ***** joke.

Sorry for your loss!  Whether we like it or not this thing is real

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Stubhub sold to Viagogo last year for over $4B. They aren’t just going to file bankruptcy 7 months later. The majority of the money that transfers is from buyer to seller. Stubhub doesn’t release those funds to the seller until AFTER the event takes place. That is in the terms and conditions. It’s the same thing as a baseball game that gets rained out.

They are in no jeopardy with the current situation. You are protected there if you buy tickets to future events. It may end up as a credit which some people may not like. I don’t know exactly how they refund but they won’t be taking the money and filing for bankruptcy. Their revenue is strictly from fees and advertising.

That deal closed in q1 of this year and, like most deals where the smaller company buys the bigger one it was highly leveraged. It's not a good time for them to have a liquidity problem and that's exactly what this situation has given them. They essentially borrowed 4 billion dollars and have no money coming in. They furloughed two thirds of their staff.

Now, if the world goes back to somewhat near normal soon it will be fine, but if it doesn't cash flow is a serious issue and I don't see government's rushing to bail out ticket scalpers and the EU has gotten pissed off with Viagogo already before this.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

That deal closed in q1 of this year and, like most deals where the smaller company buys the bigger one it was highly leveraged. It's not a good time for them to have a liquidity problem and that's exactly what this situation has given them. They essentially borrowed 4 billion dollars and have no money coming in. They furloughed two thirds of their staff.

Now, if the world goes back to somewhat near normal soon it will be fine, but if it doesn't cash flow is a serious issue and I don't see government's rushing to bail out ticket scalpers and the EU has gotten pissed off with Viagogo already before this.

Either way, they won’t let the giants fall. Now a bunch of little guys may not survive this but stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc... will be just fine. I promise you are at ZERO risk purchasing tickets through them. I know a little about the subject.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2020 at 5:43 PM, Process said:

Almost zero chance games will be played in front of full stadiums so who knows how it's going to work as far as who gets them/ priority etc. No real point in even thinking about tickets right now, gotta see how it plays out. 

I agree, it would be foolish, especially from 3rd parties.

I’m holding off, at least for games I had originally circled like Vegas.  I’m not convinced the airlines will be as eager to give refunds or credits 5 months from now if games are cancelled/fans not allowed/seats limited.  

I don’t know how trip insurance will work in the future and I already have flight credits from other cancelled trips I have to use by next winter.

stubhub has said it will give credits too, but I don’t really need $1200 in stubhub credit (base price for 4 tickets at this point).

Edited by DasNootz

I bought tickets for the Bills/Cards game last night. Read this morning that if CA doesnt allow pro sports events until after a vaccine is found then the 49ers home games could be moved to AZ because there would be no scheduling conflicts. If that happens, my wife is a 49ers fan so we will be going to that Monday night game. 

On 5/9/2020 at 7:25 AM, Don Otreply said:

You sound like you purposefully are trying not to understand, read, listen, learn, pay attention to what scientific and medical experts world wide are telling all of us.

This is more than, “ she’s a witch, burn her”  just because I don’t understand quantum physics doesn’t mean the knowledge gained from it doesn’t exist. Doctor Fauci knows more about this than you, me or the executive branch of our government does, you might just want to believe what he is saying, over what a real estate guy has to say about it. Nuthin but luv Buffalo03.

Go Bills!!!

My wife is in healthcare so she got the antibody and turns out she was positve for the IGM antibody which means fighting off current infection. Her first actual COVID test came back inconclusive. Her second COVID test came back negative. So she had COVID sometime in the last three weeks and never knew it.  Surprised she didnt show symptoms because she is on immunosuppresants. I tested negative as well as my inlaws who watch our son during the week and are also on immunosuppresants. The idea that anyone around an infected person is going to get it lost some steam with me. Everyone has the choice to deal with it as they choose. I am not saying that people arent suseptable to COVID, I am just sharing our experience. 

34 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

My wife is in healthcare so she got the antibody and turns out she was positve for the IGM antibody which means fighting off current infection. Her first actual COVID test came back inconclusive. Her second COVID test came back negative. So she had COVID sometime in the last three weeks and never knew it.  Surprised she didnt show symptoms because she is on immunosuppresants. I tested negative as well as my inlaws who watch our son during the week and are also on immunosuppresants. The idea that anyone around an infected person is going to get it lost some steam with me. Everyone has the choice to deal with it as they choose. I am not saying that people arent suseptable to COVID, I am just sharing our experience. 

I am very glad things turned out well for you, and that’s the insidious thing about this virus. It apparently attacks different people in different ways, it attacks the lungs, heart, and other organs, takes out the oldest, middle aged, and now it appears to be hitting children.  We need to not be a divided people, and work together to get this under control. In all the countries that have eased restrictions spikes in people getting sick is already happening, and it’s going to happen here as well. At the current mortality rate from this virus we will go over one hundred thousand dead in a matter of weeks, and it is not abating. We need a united effort to beat this thing, and lot of folk don’t get that, or they don’t care, all this me me me me, my needs aren’t being met childish behavior is making this worse than it needs to be. It’s already hard on everyone, no need to make things even worse. United we stand,... divided as we currently are, we are failing each other and our country. 

On 5/10/2020 at 10:51 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Stubhub sold to Viagogo last year for over $4B. They aren’t just going to file bankruptcy 7 months later. The majority of the money that transfers is from buyer to seller. Stubhub doesn’t release those funds to the seller until AFTER the event takes place. That is in the terms and conditions. It’s the same thing as a baseball game that gets rained out.

They are in no jeopardy with the current situation. You are protected there if you buy tickets to future events. It may end up as a credit which some people may not like. I don’t know exactly how they refund but they won’t be taking the money and filing for bankruptcy. Their revenue is strictly from fees and advertising.

Depends on how the deal was financed. Upcoming debt maturities related to a sizeable acquisition and months of no cash flow sounds exactly like how a business can find themselves flirting with bankruptcy in short order. 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:25 PM, Captain Caveman said:

Because this has killed 80000 in 2 months with everyone staying home.  If you can't understand that this has a higher rate of infection and a higher mortality rate then this probably isn't the place to get educated.

For anyone questioning the science of this disease, please be mindful that my friend died of it last week.  He was in his 40s, a father to two young girls and otherwise had been very healthy.  This thing is no ***** joke.

sorry for your loss brother, any loss sucks. Lost a great, great friend to cancer today( primary breast cancer), she was 43...it all freaking sucks.

But to clarify, higher infection rate..agree. Higher mortality rate???

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I am very glad things turned out well for you, and that’s the insidious thing about this virus. It apparently attacks different people in different ways, it attacks the lungs, heart, and other organs, takes out the oldest, middle aged, and now it appears to be hitting children.  We need to not be a divided people, and work together to get this under control. In all the countries that have eased restrictions spikes in people getting sick is already happening, and it’s going to happen here as well. At the current mortality rate from this virus we will go over one hundred thousand dead in a matter of weeks, and it is not abating. We need a united effort to beat this thing, and lot of folk don’t get that, or they don’t care, all this me me me me, my needs aren’t being met childish behavior is making this worse than it needs to be. It’s already hard on everyone, no need to make things even worse. United we stand,... divided as we currently are, we are failing each other and our country. 

and yet the very thing you argue against  is embedded in your post. If someone has a different idea than yours , backed by numbers, they just don't get it, or dont care. Interesting how  that works

Please show me the numbers where the number of sick is spiking..and show that as a percentage of tests, hospitalizations, and ICU usage.

I happen to think, based on numbers of positives, number of tests, number and demographics of both hospitalizations and deaths..large gatherings of people, excluding at risk people , is not only possible, but likely if the powers that be use science and numbers instead of talking points and outdated models to make decisions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, MiltonWaddams said:

Monday Nighter December in Santa Clara. I love San Fran, have a free place to stay and flights are historically well-priced.

I am attending too.

Hotel is booked.

Looking at flights now.

A friend is in charge of my game ticket.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, plenzmd1 said:

sorry for your loss brother, any loss sucks. Lost a great, great friend to cancer today( primary breast cancer), she was 43...it all freaking sucks.

But to clarify, higher infection rate..agree. Higher mortality rate???

Higher mortality rate than the flu?  Yes, almost certainly, and by a factor of at least 10.

While the true mortality of COVID-19 will take some time to fully understand, the data we have so far indicate that the crude mortality ratio (the number of reported deaths divided by the reported cases) is between 3-4%, the infection mortality rate (the number of reported deaths divided by the number of infections) will be lower. For seasonal influenza, mortality is usually well below 0.1%.

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-similarities-and-differences-covid-19-and-influenza#:~:text=Mortality for COVID-19,quality of health care.

Edited by Captain Caveman

43 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Higher mortality rate than the flu?  Yes, almost certainly, and by a factor of at least 10.

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-similarities-and-differences-covid-19-and-influenza#:~:text=Mortality for COVID-19,quality of health care.

widely accepted the number of asymptomatic carriers could be between 20 and 50X...we just dont know yet.

• Like (+1) 1