Anyone buying tickets yet??

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Stubhub will guarantee them. A lot of these resale sites will at this point. They’ve learned over time that if they can’t guarantee them they can’t get traffic. Now I agree that I wouldn’t go to Vinny with the sign on the street corner but you won’t have any issues with Stubhub.

It comes down to who you trust to declare Chapter 11 last. The team/league or StubHub. Their cash flow situation has to be downright awful right now and they are practically begging venues, artists and sports to call things postponed rather than cancelled so they can stanch the outflow of money. If there is a second round of shutdowns in the fall/winter I'd be very concerned about getting my money back.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It comes down to who you trust to declare Chapter 11 last. The team/league or StubHub. Their cash flow situation has to be downright awful right now and they are practically begging venues, artists and sports to call things postponed rather than cancelled so they can stanch the outflow of money. If there is a second round of shutdowns in the fall/winter I'd be very concerned about getting my money back.

If that happens the litigation that they will end up in will be infinitely more expensive than paying it out. That won’t happen. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I can not  infect those That I am not around. Stay home. You won’t get infected. 

to get this back on track. Has anyone seen prices for Nashville yet? Any rec’s on hotels would be great. We went last year but didn’t stay close enough to walk to downtown.

Last year for the game we stayed by the airport, and used Uber/Lyft to get to Broadway bar area and stadium.  Hotels were just crazy($300+ per night) within walking distance of Broadway.  Even with Uber, we saved a ton of money that was used instead for eating/drinking.

On a related note, I've been to about 10 or so cities to see the Bills play, and Nashville was the most fun I've had.  Hope to go back in 2021 if the game isn't too late in the season.  This year...not happening.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If that happens the litigation that they will end up in will be infinitely more expensive than paying it out. That won’t happen. 

If they go bankrupt you become a creditor in a long list of creditors.  At the end of the line.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Last year for the game we stayed by the airport, and used Uber/Lyft to get to Broadway bar area and stadium.  Hotels were just crazy($300+ per night) within walking distance of Broadway.  Even with Uber, we saved a ton of money that was used instead for eating/drinking.

On a related note, I've been to about 10 or so cities to see the Bills play, and Nashville was the most fun I've had.  Hope to go back in 2021 if the game isn't too late in the season.  This year...not happening.

Agree! Hotel prices were nuts, my wife and I found an air bnb and ubered everywhere. So easy, so much fun. All the fans were great to hang out with. That was our first real road game, I don’t count crossing the border to Detroit much of a road trip.

Everything will be last minute for us depending on where things are at. either will not do anything or maybe pay out the butt last minute..I don’t know yet..I’m already dealing with nba tickets right now through ticketmaster and it’s a hassle to get money back as currently the game is just postponed. 

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

For what it's worth Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz said in an interview last night he highly doubts there will be NFL played in front of packed stadiums this year :cry:

Anybody out there booking trips already please be careful you are booking options that will be refundable

I'm really trying to wrap my head around what happens.

I honestly believe there will be an NFL season, but are the only 2 options empty vs packed stadiums?

I don't think for a second the NFL would allow some teams to have packed stadiums while other teams in hot spots lose the competitive advantage of home field in empty stadiums.

But is there a middle ground? How logistically do you allow SOME fans into the stadium and enforce social distancing?

Is that even possible? The no alcohol rumor tells me they're thinking about it and might try it, but who the hell gets drunk DURING the game? Can't enforce no drinking outside the stadium, especially in the wonderful neighborhood that is Orchard Park.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm really trying to wrap my head around what happens.

I honestly believe there will be an NFL season, but are the only 2 options empty vs packed stadiums?

I don't think for a second the NFL would allow some teams to have packed stadiums while other teams in hot spots lose the competitive advantage of home field in empty stadiums.

But is there a middle ground? How logistically do you allow SOME fans into the stadium and enforce social distancing?

Is that even possible? The no alcohol rumor tells me they're thinking about it and might try it, but who the hell gets drunk DURING the game? Can't enforce no drinking outside the stadium, especially in the wonderful neighborhood that is Orchard Park.

I have no idea exactly what is going to happen but in my opinion I don't see everything back to normal by football season where all fans can attend, full blown tailgating, packed stadiums etc....it is going to be very interesting to see how this is handled.  

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Hotels are always crazy expensive in Nashville. When there for work, my wife stays at the Hermitage downtown. NOT cheap, but very nice. Even if you stay somewhere else, the Oak Bar downstairs is worth a visit. 

I tend to stay over by the Vanderbilt/Belmont area. They have some “affordable” Hampton Inn and the like options, plus easy to walk to bars and restaurants near the colleges. Very cool area! It’s also a good bit cheaper than downtown, with probably more to do than the airport area and a cheap Uber ride to downtown or the Gulch (actually cheaper than parking). 

Last year my son and I arrived before check-in and were hungry. Went to a great BBQ place for food and a few drinks. As we literally crossed a single road from one parking lot to another I said to my son I would NOT drive any farther than THIS after those few drinks. We got inside, and they couldn’t find our reservations! There’s another Hampton Inn several blocks away, and the wife booked the wrong place. #$%^! I wasn’t really drunk, but I had just made the point I would not drive it to my son, and it was true. Sadly, I may have been the most sober person on the road that day......

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/9/2020 at 8:45 AM, Buffalo03 said:

It's not really transferable by breath, it's transferable by droplets so technically if you don't accidentally get spit on or spit on anyone else then you're golden 

Its scary that there are people out there who belive this.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, Aross3415 said:

Has season tickets already went out to those who have season tickets??

No

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Its scary that there are people out there who belive this.

No

If season tickets havnt went out is it possible to buy tickets from some of these companies and the already send you tickets??

20 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

If they go bankrupt you become a creditor in a long list of creditors.  At the end of the line.

Stubhub sold to Viagogo last year for over $4B. They aren’t just going to file bankruptcy 7 months later. The majority of the money that transfers is from buyer to seller. Stubhub doesn’t release those funds to the seller until AFTER the event takes place. That is in the terms and conditions. It’s the same thing as a baseball game that gets rained out.

They are in no jeopardy with the current situation. You are protected there if you buy tickets to future events. It may end up as a credit which some people may not like. I don’t know exactly how they refund but they won’t be taking the money and filing for bankruptcy. Their revenue is strictly from fees and advertising.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, Buffalo03 said:

Wouldn't the same be said for flu season? The flu could be transferable as well and that kills 40,000 to 50,000 people a year. So, if someone with the flu or just getting over the flu was next you at a game, how is that any different? I'd still like to know how this virus has the ability to just float in the air for hours and affects people by just walking by but the flu virus doesn't float in the air? So, you can walk around Walmart with no mask during flu season and not worry about it because the flu virus isn't capable enough to float in the air but the coronavirus has the power to come out of someone's mouth, sit in the air for 3 hours and says "who's next b*tch?". Sounds a little ridiculous to me

Because this has killed 80000 in 2 months with everyone staying home.  If you can't understand that this has a higher rate of infection and a higher mortality rate then this probably isn't the place to get educated.

For anyone questioning the science of this disease, please be mindful that my friend died of it last week.  He was in his 40s, a father to two young girls and otherwise had been very healthy.  This thing is no ***** joke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1