Who’s on the Buffalo Bills Mt Rushmore?

Mine are (in order of franchise importance):

Ralph (no franchise...or league...without him)

Bruce (best player at his position for any Bill)

Jim (4 SuperBowls and led the most exiting team we’ve ever had)

OJ...face chiseled off the mountain...replaced by Thurman. 

I shook OJ’s hand at a little league football pizza party in ‘72...still can’t get the blood out...

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

Thurman Thomas

Jack Kemp

OJ would be up there if he hadn't had ... off the field issues ...

I'm good with OJ being up there in this context.  George Washington and Thomas Jefferson enslaved countless human beings, and they both undoubtedly had many of those human beings worked to death.  Nonetheless, they made the real Mount Rushmore, which focuses narrowly on their accomplishments as presidents.  I think OJ's accomplishments as a Buffalo Bill secure his place on the Bill's Mount Rushmore.  Unless, of course we wanted to do an upgrade on our Mount . . . .

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds

Tre White

Sean McDermott

looks like you carved out Bills' Mt. Hopemore, which is down range from Bills' Mt. Rushmore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Just wait

I'm not knocking them, they have potential.  The story is far from finished.  Let's hope they evolve into something great and win a SB, including with Ed Oliver.

5 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m not a fan of making a Mt Rushmore totally comprised of one generation.  

Bruce and Kelly are locks but the other two should go to Ralph and either OJ or Jack Kemp IMO. 

My Jets Mt Rushmore: 

Joe Namath

Joe Klecko

Curtis Martin

Darrelle Revis

It encompasses the championship 69 team with a very good early 80’s team, late 90’s team, and late 00’s team. 

Who requested this? Did someone PM you?

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m not a fan of making a Mt Rushmore totally comprised of one generation.  

Bruce and Kelly are locks but the other two should go to Ralph and either OJ or Jack Kemp IMO. 

My Jets Mt Rushmore: 

Joe Namath

Joe Klecko

Curtis Martin

Darrelle Revis

It encompasses the championship 69 team with a very good early 80’s team, late 90’s team, and late 00’s team. 

You have a HOF receiver in Don Maynard.  Martin comes off. 

Edited by Bob in STL

5 hours ago, Happy said:

Klecko over Mark Gastineau?  Both were good, the other possibility is Gastineau over Curtis Martin.

They wouldn't have beat the Redskins or '93 Cowboys, both were complete teams.  But you make a good point about having Marino, who was a better QB than Kelly, just not as tough.  Marino seemed to make better QB decisions and was a better passer.  Not a popular opinion/observation, but a valid one, IMO.

Are there actual people that think Kelly was better than Marino? He is easily the greatest QB without a ring and retired like 20 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

Are there actual people that think Kelly was better than Marino? He is easily the greatest QB without a ring and retired like 20 years ago. 

I'd say about 75% of Bills fans who were cognizant of the Bills vs Dolphins rivalry during the Kelly/Marino era.  This is most likely due to not letting their hatred of the Dolphins go, rather than doing a rational analysis of the two QBs.

5 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Not sure if you are using Kelly's record as Bills QB here.  Kelly was 101-59 in regular season in 11 years from 1986-1996.  And he went 9-8 in the playoffs as Bills Starter.

My bad, that was the 1990-1993 super bowl run; I’ve edited for total, your compilation makes more sense to present

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Happy said:

I'd say about 75% of Bills fans who were cognizant of the Bills vs Dolphins rivalry during the Kelly/Marino era.  This is most likely due to not letting their hatred of the Dolphins go, rather than doing a rational analysis of the two QBs.

Ah, so the 1993 version of Brady is just a system QB.